Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-20, 10:26 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Uses for Fluidity Bar

I've always skimmed over the Fluidity bar threads. Dancy stuff isn't in this klutz-o-rama's repertoire. Now a nearby thrift store has one for a good price so as a good little VFer here I am wanting to be enabled.

Serionusly, what do you use your Fluidity bar for? Pros and cons? They're asking $25 if that changes your response.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 11:18 PM  
Sand

On their website, they sell them for $600 now! You can't pass it up for $25, even if you resell it!

I have used mine for predominately barre workouts but since incorporating P.volve, I use it for stability during those workouts.

If you're not into barre, you could use it as a pull up bar.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 11:22 PM  
violingal3

Does it come with the DVDs? If so, they are not dancy at all! It's a nice sturdy barre. I don't find myself using it too often, just because it's heavy and easier for me to grab a chair for most barre workouts instead. But when I am on a barre kick, it's nice to have out. I don't find barre workouts to be dancy, so if you get it and explore those type of workouts, $25 isn't a bad investment!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 11:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

That’s a great price, you won’t lose money on it if it doesn’t work out for your needs. It’s a great piece of equipment and it does fold up, but it’s heavy and cumbersome to move around. I had one for several years and I loved it, but it was getting in the way when I started teaching classes in my small home studio. I really liked it, it’s great for barre workouts and deep stretching, and it’s so sturdy you can lean heavily on it and even do pull-ups on it. I sold mine eventually and replaced it with a wall mounted barre

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 06:36 AM  
Lannette

Mine has been folded up for awhile now in an experiment to see if I really “need” it. I’ve happily been using Cathe’s tower in place of it. When I find the right local person to gift it to I’ll send it on it’s way. Possibly a young dancer in need of a home barre.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 07:42 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

My favorite use of the FB is for deep stretches, especially for the hamstrings with my foot resting on the bar and for back stretches, hanging and pulling back from it. I do these stretches daily. My next greatest use of the FB is for traditional ballet barre exercises to start off my day, and also "wall" pushups. Holding the bar at arms length and doing a series of rapid straight-shin squats to the ground with a backbend/pushup/cobra at the top is my very first exercise every morning -- I luv it, and I wouldn't be able to do this subbing anything else.

I've got my heaviest DBs placed on its legs to keep it weighted down and that allows me to hang and pull back from it for the great back stretches. I have the last version of Cathe's Tower but it's not constructed to allow me to do those type of stretches. If I I didn't have the FB I would have to try to sub my kitchen sink but that is uncomfortable for my hands.

I also use it for barre workouts, Classical Stretch episodes, when doing leg abductions or when I just need something nearby to grab onto if I need it when doing balancing exercises, so I really get a lot of use out of it. I have mine placed in front of a window and that contributes quite a bit to making my time at the barre a very pleasant experience when I'm not using any media.
Old 02-23-20, 11:55 AM  
Demeris

I use it for all bar workouts. I include callanetics and classical stretch/essentrics in that.

I don't do dancey workouts. I don't have a dance gene in me. None of my bar workouts is the least bit dancey.

If I'm doing any balance work that I fear I might not be good at, I stand near enough that I can grab onto the bar if I lose my balance.

I someone else is mentioned, I also use it for wall push-ups.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 12:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Such a timely thread! This morning I was thinking I should get some of the unused stuff out of my workout room and I was wondering if I should get rid of my fluidity bar and then I remembered..... pull-ups! This is the only way I can do pull-ups so I will keep it for that. Kind of crazy, but whatever.
Old 02-23-20, 03:46 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Thanks, everyone! I thought since it was "barre" it was dancey. Glad you set me straight. I'm trying to develop a Classical Stretch habit so those comments were very enabling.

I will go back tomorrow and look more closely to make certain it is all there with no damage. I didn't see any DVDs, but I can work with that.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluidity bar, fluidity barre