Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-20, 06:27 PM  
Gams

YOUv2

I’m so glad Sherry mentioned these in another thread. I had not heard of these and I haven’t been very excited about the lesser known workouts I’ve purchased lately. I like Dance That Walk okay, but like these better. I just got these today so have only done one of the workouts so far.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 08:46 PM  
Mickey12

I have this set; got it during one of Beachbody's really good sales when they still had a lot of DVD inventory. I thought I would like it better than I do. I like Leandro and I like the encouragement throughout the workouts, but they feel uninspired to me. Some of the moves feel awkward and some of the workouts move sort of slowly. They are all around 30 minutes which I like though. The music is good, pop songs, but not the original artists.

I hope you enjoy it.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 07:54 PM  
T2B

Gams - I love, love, love this set. I only use the the cardio workouts. I use them mostly to boost my daily step count, or to get some extra movement at the end of the day.

I love Leandro’s cheesy energy. I love the background exercisers cheesy energy as well. I love the bright colors that the crew are wearing, makes me happy to see those bright colors.

I love that I’m moving in different patterns and directions, that I’m not just marching in place, back and forth and side stepping. I love that I’m constantly moving. I’ve never felt a twinge or had sore hip flexors (like I do with Leslie) after doing these workouts.

I’ve done these so many times that I know the choreography by memory and can follow along with the sound muted. I use these mainly to boost my step count while I’m listening to music or a podcast.

Last year, I went through a long slump and did these workouts every day for about 3 months. They got me through my slump. I’ve been doing these workouts since 2018 and I’m still not tired of them. I do my main workouts first thing in the morning and when I have the time/energy I’m always up for a little Yv2.

I hope you continue to enjoy the workouts. I tend to do them in this order: Move Your Body, Work It Shake It, Rock It Out & Sweat Sensation, just as they are on the DVDs. Easiest to most challenging.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 10:30 AM  
Gams

T2B, I agree with you and yesterday I did the toning one and liked it, too. So glad I got these!
Old 01-17-20, 06:55 PM  
pgun3

I'm kinda interested in this set but not sure I would like them
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 07:40 PM  
Gams

Pgun3 - there are a few clips you can watch. I like that these have good music, that there’s not a lot of marching in place, but the choreography is very simple. You also do a lot of arm movements, so they are a little bit tougher than I thought they would be. Also, there are some arm patterns and footwork I have not done in any other workouts, but very simple. The only thing I don’t care for is the white floor and walls - I don’t care for stark white sets. I really, really like these.
Old 01-17-20, 08:22 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Pgun3 - there are a few clips you can watch. I like that these have good music, that there’s not a lot of marching in place, but the choreography is very simple. You also do a lot of arm movements, so they are a little bit tougher than I thought they would be. Also, there are some arm patterns and footwork I have not done in any other workouts, but very simple. The only thing I don’t care for is the white floor and walls - I don’t care for stark white sets. I really, really like these.
good to know...maybe I will have to take a closer look at them Thanks!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I am very interested in trying this program and considering doing a BBOD trial to see if I like them.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 09:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I found this review from another VF YOUv2 discussion - holy cow, the reviewer sure didn't like it!

https://dysfunctionalparrot.com/heal.../review-youv2/
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 10:11 AM  
sherry7899

I gave my set to Jenilu.
I am sorry, but I just did not click with Leandro.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leandro, leandro carvalho, youv2