Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-21, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hey everyone, it's our Sherry's birthday!

Happy Birthday Sherry ...

I know it must be a sad one for you - sending prayers for better days to come.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 09:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, thanks for the reminder (I should have been more aware since I saw on FB).

Sherry, sending you strength and well-wishes for getting through this day without your dear Frank.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 10:10 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Floor Workout: Hips, Butt, & Thighs (Lean Legs Routine) with Caroline Jordan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SHERRY!!! I'm so glad you were born.

Beth, thanks for that video on strength work. Based on what she said in the video, I do mostly muscle endurance weight workouts. I need to do more heavy lifting although I find it stressful for my old-lady hands.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 10:47 AM  
Garrie A.

Popping into wish Sherry a

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sending (((HUGS))) and prayers.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 11:10 AM  
JustSandra

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Sherry!

Pat, congrats on getting the second Covid shot! That must be such a mental relief. My date for my second shot is March 12. I've asked for that day and the following one off from my library job just in case I have a reaction, although my first shot went fine.

I'm still babysitting the massage table (insert Mr. Rolleyes here) so later today I'll try another alternative location for my workout.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 12:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sending you love & hugs today dear Sherry.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 03:21 PM  
cyana

Hi All - I've been a fairly dull and boring girl since Sunday. Unfortunately, I tweaked my back again (grrrrrr), so I've been doing short walks, ROM and body rolling exercises. Last evening I did Lee's live qi gong class via the streaming subscription and didn't have any ill effects. It was a kidney-focused practice and really nice for winding down at the end of the day. As I told my cat this morning, I just want one day where I don't say "ouch" for the entire day.

Sherry - ((Hugs)). Happy Birthday and much love!

Kate - ((Hugs)) to you - so good to "see" you. I've had so many wonky body parts recently, I haven't purchased Eoin's latest. I have the original BP and used to always travel with In Pursuit of Happy Hips as it was great to get rid of Coach Airline Seat Butt Syndrome! I wonder if perhaps Laura purchased BP2.

Pat - I've been meaning to encourage you to complete a VAERS report for your possible side effects after your initial vaccine (or you could wait to see how number 2 goes and do it then). Here's the link: https://vaers.hhs.gov/index.html . Physicians are supposed to report any possible vaccine reactions, but it seems they rarely do and I get it - they're trying to see 50 patients a day, their staffs are working on pre-authorization and referral requests for their patients in addition to scheduling appointments and processing claims, so something like this gets pushed to the back burner. Since the COVID vaccines were approved under EUA (emergency use authorizations) in months versus the years that would be more typical for a new vaccine, it is even more important to report anything of possible concern, even if it turns out not to be related (and they tell you that on the VAERS site). Not only could your information could help identify possible vaccine concerns and equally important - help prescribers obtain better data so they can recommend (or not recommend) a specific vaccine to their patients depending on their medical history and history of medication reactions. For example (and these conditions and vaccine names were plucked out of the blue, as I have no prejudice against the current and/or coming vaccines) - if someone has thrombosed hemorrhoids, the MD might prescribe the LadyBug COVID vaccine (or maybe that should've been the SitzBath vaccine!). Or if the patient has dandruff and ingrown toenails, the physician can see data that shows the BubbleGum COVID vaccine might be better tolerated. I didn't even know that VAERS existed for years and wish I'd known sooner, as my mom had a weird neurologic reaction to a pneumonia vaccine, and I've always wondered if it had anything to do with her history of strokes and/or any medications that she was taking. I think it's good science and good medicine - I'm a hopeless nerd who reads clinical trials and scientific papers for fun.

And speaking of COVID vaccines, the FDA is supposed to meet tomorrow to discuss the J&J vaccine, which met EUA criteria, so it's possible another vaccine option will be available very soon.

Beth - Thanks for the video link - will watch that this week-end.

Sandra
- You're a nice aunt for babysitting the massage table.

Pam - How long will it be before your hear back on your Level 4 requirements? Unfortunately I wouldn't have had any helpful tips on using DropBox.

Paine - Getting a regular weight routine going is one of my biggest goals for 2021 as I've definitely lost strength. On the food prep front, I tried something new - freezing avocado for smoothies. I just cut them into quarters, removed the pit and peel and put on a plate in the freezer for about an hour until they firmed up and then put into a freezer bag and removed as much air as possible. They look great.

Waves to Garrie.

Must get back to work.

ETA: Had a brain fart earlier and thought today was Friday (file that under wishful thinking), so I had to change the FDA meeting date for the J&J vaccine to tomorrow (I originally said this afternoon for the meeting). I also just saw a story where the FDA has said the Pfizer vaccine can be transported and/or stored for up to 2 weeks at conventional pharmaceutical temperatures, which should help with distribution. A young/healthy family member of one of my co-workers is quite unwell after having the second dose of one of the vaccines, so they're going to file a VAERS report.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 11:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~5 km forest trail hike
~Barre3: 30 min strength focus
~Beth’s chair yoga practice on YouTube- this was very nice, it was gentle & relaxing.

Sandra - Do you get a massage yourself for letting your niece use your space? That would be a nice perk!

Cyana - Sorry you tweaked your back! I’ve heard the second vaccine dose is tougher than the first. I guess that means it’s working?

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 06:46 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:21 AM  
sherry7899

I forget when I last posted workouts.

Wednesday-15 minutes of a Soul Sweat class because sleep was horrible

Thursday-a wonderful hour long NIA class followed by a 15 minute Yoga Ranger practice

Friday-30 minute team body project workout. I am determined to do yoga later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote