Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-21-21, 11:30 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Slim & Lean (Upper Body work, 18 minutes)
Smithey Buns of Steel (Lower Body Floor work)

I finally had a decent workout this morning. I wasn't able to wear the 1.5 pounds on each ankle like I usually did for Buns of Steel and could only tolerate 1 pound on each ankle.

Cyana, every week I always cook 2 pounds of some type of dried beans (I did pinto); a pot of basmati brown rice; 2 large trays of roasted Japanese sweet potatoes and all the salad fixings for the week so we can have a salad each day (romaine, shredded carrot, shredded red cabbage, red bell peppers, and jicama). Lately I have been adding some broccoli slaw to my salad but I buy that pre-prepped/bagged so I don't have to shred. Sometimes I make a large pot of soup so we can have that during the week. I love having leftovers! I used to make homemade hummus each week for my DH but lately he hasn't been in the mood for hummus.
I love roasted beets! I have never roasted turnips.
Thank you for the heartwarming CNN story!

Sherry, I hope you continue to sleep better.

Beth, are you teaching the livestream Yoga Sculpt class or taking it? Let us know how it goes!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 11:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday morning! We went to the gym yesterday. I did 15 recumbent, 50 step ups and full body weight machines. Between Lucy and the lower body workout yesterday I could hardly walk this morning.

Paine, good job on your workout. I have two questions - do you cut up your JSPs before roasting, and do you soak your beans first? I'm so bad about buying canned beans.

Beth, how did your live stream go?

Sherry, it's good to hear you got some rest.

Yay Cyana on your power nap. It sounds like you really needed it. Well, I guess if those people were going to abandon Sprinkles and her kittens, they did it somewhat humanely. I'm sure they will all find loving homes. The "bear naked lady" Ouch!!!

Pam, I wonder if policing from a horse is harder? NYC used to have mounted police around Central Park. I think they have been phased out over the years. Good luck with the test!

I feel inadequate reading about you industrious ladies and batch cooking, so I'm going to make SCO's in the Instant Pot. Everyone have a lovely end to your weekend!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 12:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, I roast my Japanese sweet potatoes whole unless one is gigantic and in that case, I'll cut it in half longways and put the cut side down on the tray to roast. I roast at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes, I turn them over half way through. Some of the larger ones take longer to cook. You want to roast them long enough so that they become caramelized, soft and really sweet! I stick a knife in all the way and if it goes in easy, it is done. You might have to adjust your oven up or down depending on how it cooks.
Yes, I always soak my dried beans all night, the night before I cook them in the morning. I have never frozen beans after cooking but I know some people will freeze portioned out beans for later use.
What are SCO's in the iPot? Steel cut oats?
Old 02-21-21, 12:22 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, I line a tray with aluminum foil then I put parchment paper on top and place my Japanese sweet potatoes on the parchment paper for roasting. It makes clean up easy!
Old 02-21-21, 05:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine and Pat, I was participating via livestream. It was interesting being on the other side (and Pam, I think the daytime lighting was a lot better than the class you took with me). The class was okay, although I was glad to be at home so that I could do some of my own subbing (I suffered through the all-4s work but subbed for some of the plank work ).

Here was my week:

Monday
30MTF Build & Burn - Kettlebell/Kickbox Fusion
AM Yoga for Your Week - Back Bends

Tuesday
TAUGHT yoga
Do You Yoga (YT) - Strong & Calm Together Challenge, Day 3, Retreat for the Soul

Wednesday
Bender Fitness (YT) - Lower Body & Arms Dumbbell Workout
Popsugar Fitness (YT) - Get Madonna Arms
Mahapatha Yoga (YT) - Yin Yoga for Hips & Spine, Clock Sequence

Thursday
Bellyfit Embodied Goddess - Day 7, Wake Up
Yoga in the Garden of Serenity - Neck & Shoulders; Gate Series

Friday
Yoga JP (YT) - 20m Movement Meditation & Qi Gong with Kim Olsen
Annie Efremsky (YT) - Quick at Home Arm Workout 2# Weights
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - Unwind Your Spine

Saturday
Tracie Long Fitness - Focus Series Vol 2, Kickback (from library)
Hemalayaa Yoga for Everyone

Sunday
Piyo - parts of Strength Intervals, Buns
Yoga Sculpt livestream class

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 07:55 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I know you hate all-4s work--that can be really hard!

Pat, I store my roasted Japanese sweet potatoes in an open pan in the fridge. If I store them in a zip lock bag or in a sealed container, they get all gooey and wet. So I store them dry in an open pan so the air can get to them and they don't get wet/gooey that way.
I cook my dried beans in my Instant Pot. It's sooo easy in my iPot because I don't have to babysit the beans. I just turn it on and walk away. I also cook brown Basmati rice in my Instant Pot.
Old 02-22-21, 08:16 AM  
sherry7899

I slept better again last night-woo hoo!

Today:

1/2 hour team body project workout
sarabeth yoga....stretchy morning something or other...15 minutes

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 08:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, that's great news!

Happy Monday all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 11:02 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: 10 MIN Morning Yoga Deep Hip Stretch (Yoga With Bird)
Essentrics

Sherry, I hope you continue to sleep better!
Old 02-22-21, 11:55 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics & filmed my class!
~6 km trail walk with DH, DS2, & DIL

I am happy with the class, but having a lot of frustration trying to put it in a Dropbox file, grrrr. Anyone have any suggestions?

Regarding Japanese sweet potatoes... I have never cooked them, are they much the same as yams or regular sweet potatoes? If I’m cooking those whole, I do them in the IP as they are so easy to peel after. But my favourite way to do them is cubed in the air fryer.

Sherry - Yay, I’m so happy to hear you slept better!

Beth - I’m glad your class went well! Nice week for you, lots of variety!

Pat - I hope you can walk better today! I suspect policing from a horse wouldn’t be easy!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote