Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-21, 02:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Sat 1/9 0 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 25) F-AM 1st time
20 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope Challenge day 3) R-AM 1st time
13 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 8 Home Workout to Boost Your Metabolism & Energy Levels, YT) F-AM 1st time
18 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 8, YT) (Sadhana day 8) F-AM 1st time
19 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength) SAT

Look at me, working out on a Saturday AND doing PT!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:41 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Every day, I've done something physical and I've cleaned something. I'm having more trouble establishing the habit of using my planner. But, I'm getting there.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:16 PM  
MathTeacher

DD's longtime boy friend proposed today.

Old 01-09-21, 10:23 PM  
Leonana

MT, congratulations to your daughter!

Laura, good job at accomplishing your goals.

Vannie, great workouts for today.

I did Jessica Smith’s Prehab workout from Walk Strong 1. It worked out the kinks.
Old 01-10-21, 02:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Hubby got my Bluray player hooked up today so I can resume DVD workouts tmrw. I'll be glad to get back to my Cathe rotation. Still need a new tube for my bike tire and THEN my gym will be fully functional again. I had to move stuff so he could get to the TV so rather than just moving it all right back where it was, I plan to reorganize and put things away on Tuesday. He also got all the Christmas tubs put away. Some of them are just too heavy for me to lift above my head into the closet.

Laura, good job with cleaning smthg every day. My first week was less than a roaring success but I did workout every day but Friday.

MT, happy dance for your daughter! So happy for them!

Sherry, do you not usually cook much? Good for you trying new instructors! I know how much you love Jessica but just my two cents and my own experience, I feel like it's important to switch up instructors. Even though they may have a ton of workouts like Jessica or Cathe or many others, I feel like they each still have a certain style and it's good to challenge our bodies with different approaches and techniques.

Katie, I need to pull out Ballet Body again. Every time my upper back is giving me problems I remember you saying that one had a helpful segment for it but I still never actually get it out and do it!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-10-21, 03:31 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, good luck with the organizing. I love to organize!

But I don't love to cook, lol. I do cook, and used to cook about four nights a week. One night with leftovers or scratch cooking, and a couple of takeout nights. But this past year I think I was down to 2-3 nights a week. My husband and daughter have completely different tastes, so my menu is limited. We ended up eating take out a lot, because that is what they wanted. But after Christmas, I said I was making dinner without asking them first, and they could eat it or not. I made the mistake of asking first, and they kept telling me no, lol.

I've been trying other instructors for years! But it's hard for me to click with them. I thought I would do Pahla, but she is not at the level I want, and I always seem to strain my shoulder. Regarding other instructors, I don't like white screen backgrounds or fake backgrounds. I'd rather see a real room. I also don't like no talking and skimpy outfits. I also want functional moves in my workouts. Intermediate level with low impact. I’d also like to start using heavier weights. I can’t do Pilates (tweaks my lower back) and Barre lacks the functional moves. I guess I'm picky!

I am going to do KCM from time to time. I like her, not quite as much as Jessica, but enough to sub in every once in awhile. I have two KCM dvds. I have three Leslie's that I can do when I want a change. I also have two pink Firms on the way, strength workouts. I did like HASfit, but they stopped making you tube workouts. I also like Justina Ercole, but she doesn't have much on you tube and her streaming is $50 per month. I think I might try Body Project. I continue to buy dvds from Goodwill, although I Jonie O most of them.

I guess Jessica just hits my sweet spot. Also, I have a strong emotional connection. I started doing her workouts during a time of extreme stress, and they got me through it. I don't feel I'm missing too much because she does functional moves, and hits what I need for every day life, including balance. My balance and strength has improved so much. And Jessica has so many different types of workouts. But since she hasn't made anything new for so long, I'm starting to cheat on her, lol. One of my problems is that I hate change! But sometimes you just have to move on.
Old 01-10-21, 08:40 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, congrats on your daughter's engagement!

Sherry, that's awesome that Jessica's workouts have been so productive for you. I wish I could have just a few "go to's" but I'm really kind of all over the place. I am making some progress on consolidating my youtube list. I've still got a ways to go.

Vannie, nice that you're getting your gym back on track. I've got one more Christmas decoration to put away still. Maybe tomorrow.

Laura, great job on your goals!

We had a busy day today. We got a new puppy! An Australian shepherd and he's a pretty confident little guy! Our older dogs(9 and 3) handled the introductions well but it'll be a bit of an adjustment for a short while. Very exciting!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 11:51 PM  
Leonana

Katie, congrats on the new puppy! He sounds cute. Australian Shepherds are full of energy, so living on a ranch ought to be great for him.

Yes, if Jessica quits making workouts I'll be there with you, all over the place, lol.
Old 01-11-21, 12:53 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, how exciting! What's your new little guy's name?

Old 01-12-21, 08:33 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, we are still working on a name for puppy. Any ideas? lol We are slow on that one. Right now it's puppy, junior, buster, buddy, bub. We need to get our act together and get a real name for him. He is sooo cute! Handled his first trip to the vet like a champ!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote