Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-20, 06:46 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious when Joni O talks about Joni-Oing?
In a word, no!

I Joni O'd Tracie Long's Grand Total Vol. 2 yesterday during the warmup. Was. Not. Into. It. At. All.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 12:10 AM  
maitai

Talking

I'll take it if you don't want it
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 12:43 AM  
VainJane

I've been working out more frequently due to COVID-19 cabin fever (5-6x/week instead of my usual 3-4x) and as a result got a little bored with the handful of Ellen Barrett streaming and Studio workouts I have in rotation (I alternate them with Pilates mat/magic circle workouts). So I was super excited that she had a new workout up on Friday, led by her friend Natalie Spadaccino (who was a background exerciser in some of Ellen's Studio workouts). Well, I hated it. She does this move where you kneel down and stand up again, over and over. I do my standing workouts on a thin yoga mat on a hardwood floor, so my knees cursed me out and I stopped after five minutes and switched to Ellen's Barre Conditioning.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 06:13 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ugh. That doesn't sound good. Thanks for the heads up. I probably won’t even try Natalie’s workout.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 07:09 AM  
Rhonda

I sorta Joni'Oed Leslie Sansone.

I have been doing Jessica Smith walking workouts as my breaks during working at home since the weather has been awful. Yesterday I put in Leslie and I did one mile in the morning and then another one and just couldn't do Leslie anymore. I am tired of her non stop chatting and her routines are so much the same. I was wondering why am I torturing myself here, take it out. So I did.

Jessica at least does little combos of different things. I think I may be tired of Leslie after all these years and won't be pulling her out any time soon.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 09:02 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane View Post
I've been working out more frequently due to COVID-19 cabin fever (5-6x/week instead of my usual 3-4x) and as a result got a little bored with the handful of Ellen Barrett streaming and Studio workouts I have in rotation (I alternate them with Pilates mat/magic circle workouts). So I was super excited that she had a new workout up on Friday, led by her friend Natalie Spadaccino (who was a background exerciser in some of Ellen's Studio workouts). Well, I hated it. She does this move where you kneel down and stand up again, over and over. I do my standing workouts on a thin yoga mat on a hardwood floor, so my knees cursed me out and I stopped after five minutes and switched to Ellen's Barre Conditioning.
I subbed out lunges for the kneeling move instead. Other than that, I really liked Natalie's workout. I liked how much more of a cardio effect this one had. Oddly enough, I really didn't like Ellen's Barre Conditioning for the boredom factor! Funny how different everyone's tastes are!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 09:37 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I sorta Joni'Oed Leslie Sansone.

I have been doing Jessica Smith walking workouts as my breaks during working at home since the weather has been awful. Yesterday I put in Leslie and I did one mile in the morning and then another one and just couldn't do Leslie anymore. I am tired of her non stop chatting and her routines are so much the same. I was wondering why am I torturing myself here, take it out. So I did.

Jessica at least does little combos of different things. I think I may be tired of Leslie after all these years and won't be pulling her out any time soon.
I'm also taking a break from Leslie.

I found Ellen's Weight Watchers walks on YouTube and have been doing those instead.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 10:14 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Lastics. I've done it before but it had been a while. Something about the instructor (can't remember her name) rubbed me the wrong way. It took about 5 minutes and I thought "nope". I ended up stretching on my own to some Rolling Stones. Not exactly relaxing music but I enjoyed it!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 11:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious when Joni O talks about Joni-Oing?
Joni being Joni doing a Joni-O!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 11:29 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Ugh. That doesn't sound good. Thanks for the heads up. I probably won’t even try Natalie’s workout.
I did this workout yesterday & I didn’t like the kneeling move either. It was not a large part if the workout & Natalie did offer an easy modification. Other than that I can’t say I loved it, but I liked it. I’m a big fan of balance work. I had Joni-O’d my Ellen subscription because as much as I love Ellen, I found most of her newer workouts move too slow. I restarted it to try this one. I’ll probably stop again after this month, but I do want to try her barre workout & I love her yoga workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane fonda, joni o