Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-20, 11:46 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I did Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion today because I dusted off another oldie yesterday (Tracey White and Ganga Rich's Total Yoga: Fire, a.k.a. death by chaturanga!) I still stand by my description of said yoga routine -- I was delighted I made it through without sore wrists and with minimal modification (instead of always doing chaturanga and upward dog, I mixed things up with going down all the way to floor and doing cobra instead before pushing up on knees to downward dog). But I woke up this morning with really DOMS-y shoulders and back muscles so opted for something more lower body/cardio focused. I was sad to note my Fitbit didn't consider my Ellen Barrett routine as active minutes at all I guess I wasn't moving my arms around enough even though I ended up getting 1,500 steps from the routine. And my heart rate didn't get up high enough on a sustained basis (at least 10 minutes continuously to count as 10+ active minutes)... but maybe that's a blessing in disguise because it means my heart is in good condition!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 01:36 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I did another Leslie video that I realized I hadn't done before. That's the third one so far, LOL!

Fat Burner Walk - 2 Miles (1998)

It is on a two workout compilation disk called, Walk Aerobic Fat Burning Walk.

I was surprised at all the squats and lunges she did! Plus, balance moves.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 03:14 PM  
Kitten

I tried Donna Richardson's 30 days to firmer abs and arms, like I said I would.

Donna is Donna and her personality helped. However, there were a few arm patterns I just couldn't get down.

I'm going to try it again at a later time because I really like her.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 10:30 AM  
Kitten

Today I reached for Jane Fonda's low impact aerobics and stretch.

I wanted to do a good stretch and I was looking for one I hadn't done in a while. I skipped the aerobics section because I'm not a fan of this one.

The stretch I did enjoy. I think I'll do the stretch from step & stretch later this week to compare the two.
Old 04-21-20, 11:32 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I finally did the cardio segments of the Karen Voight + Elle Macpherson workout (available on YouTube) and combined it with the cardio segments of Karen Voight's Sleek Physique on DVD. ~40 mins of floor cardio = winning!
Old 04-22-20, 09:23 AM  
Kitten

This morning was Jane Fonda's Step & abs aerobics section only.

It has been a loooooong time since I did a step workout and boy are my thighs letting me know.
Old 04-22-20, 03:37 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I finally did the cardio segments of the Karen Voight + Elle Macpherson workout (available on YouTube) and combined it with the cardio segments of Karen Voight's Sleek Physique on DVD. ~40 mins of floor cardio = winning!
I always liked the one with Elle Macpherson. I haven't done it in years. I converted it to DVD because I liked it so much.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 07:35 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I did Kathy Smith Peak Fat Burning yesterday and Minna Lessig tonight. Both were good workouts!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 12:26 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I also dusted off Kathy Smith's Peak Fat Burning in the last couple of weeks to supplement my reduced daily walking (part of commute) and to accommodate rainy weather in the last month. So glad I have a small but solid collection of low impact floor cardio and barefoot fusion cardio flow stuff to do all this supplementation for 20-40 mins at a time!
Old 05-04-20, 02:03 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Double Post:

The other day, DH did Scott Cole's Millennium Stretch, so I thought I'd try it for the first time in many years.

I used to like this one, but since my back injury, I found I really didn't like most of his stretch choices and Joni-O'd it after about 15 minutes.

I then tried Karen Voight's Pure & Simple Stretch. I still like this one. I was cranky by then and only did about half.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts