Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-20, 12:32 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Everyone I know believes the virus is real, and some have had it.

I am trying to call one friend or family member every day. I find that people like to receive a call. Everyone is feeling disoriented or depressed these days, so a little cheering up is welcome.
Old 04-12-20, 08:19 AM  
Daffie

One group text I decided to send something to each person privately. They expressed appreciation for me checking on them. The one that started the group text did not respond. :/
Old 04-12-20, 11:23 AM  
Calistro

I haven't really spoken on this topic, but I am working in a hospital on a ward with coronovirus patients right now, and it is petrifying when someone else is diagnosed. There has been a few deaths in the hospital it self, but it is a small hospital. My niece also works on a respiratory ward in a large hospital and looking after 25 people with covid- on it . She say's about 5 a day die. We both have to wear PPE all day. I can barely breath through the masks and my face gets sore, but hey! it is what I signed up for.

Some of my co-workers are sick at home with it. Two people I am close to have had family members die from it.

So yes! it is real and those people who say it is a hoax can tell that to all the dead Doctors, Nurses, health care workers, and peoples family and friends lost worldwide.

Sorry for the rant, but I am trying to just get on with it and be optimistic.
Old 04-12-20, 11:30 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I haven't really spoken on this topic, but I am working in a hospital on a ward with coronovirus patients right now, and it is petrifying when someone else is diagnosed. There has been a few deaths in the hospital it self, but it is a small hospital. My niece also works on a respiratory ward in a large hospital and looking after 25 people with covid- on it . She say's about 5 a day die. We both have to wear PPE all day. I can barely breath through the masks and my face gets sore, but hey! it is what I signed up for.

Some of my co-workers are sick at home with it. Two people I am close to have had family members die from it.

So yes! it is real and those people who say it is a hoax can tell that to all the dead Doctors, Nurses, health care workers, and peoples family and friends lost worldwide.

Sorry for the rant, but I am trying to just get on with it and be optimistic.
Calistro- Thank you so very much for the work that you do (and your niece, too!) We will get through this!
Old 04-12-20, 11:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Calistro - I am a retired nurse and am so grateful to all the health care workers like yourself on the front line. I hope you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy. It’s so frustrating to hear people calling this a hoax or refusing to stay home. We are in a more remote area where we’ve been somewhat sheltered from it so far and I hope it doesn’t make people feel falsely secure. It will only take one person to increase it spreading. I have only been to one store, with a mask on, in the last 3 weeks. I am over 60 & have a history of asthma. I am fit & healthy but I know I’m in a higher risk demographic.

As far as friendships go, this has brought me together with friends I don’t keep in touch with regularly. My DH and I have been doing many video calls with close friends, family, & friends we had lost touch with. It certainly calls for introspection and reassessment of one’s priorities.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 04-12-20, 11:44 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Calistro- Thank you so very much for the work that you do (and your niece, too!) We will get through this!
Yes we will
Old 04-12-20, 12:06 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Calistro - I am a retired nurse and am so grateful to all the health care workers like yourself on the front line. I hope you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy. It’s so frustrating to hear people calling this a hoax or refusing to stay home. We are in a more remote area where we’ve been somewhat sheltered from it so far and I hope it doesn’t make people feel falsely secure. It will only take one person to increase it spreading. I have only been to one store, with a mask on, in the last 3 weeks. I am over 60 & have a history of asthma. I am fit & healthy but I know I’m in a higher risk demographic.

As far as friendships go, this has brought me together with friends I don’t keep in touch with regularly. My DH and I have been doing many video calls with close friends, family, & friends we had lost touch with. It certainly calls for introspection and reassessment of one’s priorities.
Hello Yogapam,

I know that everyone is not religious here but prayers keep me going and help me through the day.
The borough where I live, Birmingham in the UK, appears on the map to have the highest numbers of coronovirus in the UK. I can't understand why.
Old 04-12-20, 12:09 PM  
topfitmama

I'm only communicating (online) with family members, a few church members and a couple of VFers via PM. I don't check most people's walls on Facebook and I've unfollowed most all of my contacts. I don't really want to know what everyone thinks about the virus or the measures taken to slow the spread. My parents are in their late 60s and stuck in an apartment in Madrid. The situation there is horrifying! One of my sisters lost her job and one of my brothers is facing job uncertainty. It's not the time to talk about conspiracy theories or complain about the government.

On a more positive note: I have family members living on three different continents. This thing has brought us closer together than we've been in a long time. I'm just thankful that we're all (still) healthy and in good spirits!
Old 04-12-20, 12:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

For the most part, this situation has brought me closer to friends I've not been in good contact with, or closer to some friends that are in my regular life. But I have one friend who thinks my family is a bit over the top with our precautions. She wanted to do a puzzle swap with me and after discussing with my husband I told her I didn't want to. I may be reading into it but I think she's sort of lost patience with me because that's sort of how she reacts. Whatever.... I am doing what I think I need to and I will just redo my puzzles.

It is interesting how the situation sheds light on people's values.... for better or worse.
Old 04-12-20, 12:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
There are people who think Sandy Hook and 9/11 were faked.
Alas, they are the same ones who think the Holocaust and the Moon Landing were fake. {ROLLEYES}

I have a very small group of friends and family on FB. They all seem to be taking things seriously.

POSTURE CHECK!
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, social media