Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Check out the Onnit "Honor Roll" https://www.onnit.com/honor-roll/
Diamond Dallas Page is on there!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 08:45 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
Odd, that does not seem to be correct. i timed myself in workout 13 and it was 58 minutes long with the warm up, 53 without. One segment repeated 4 times (this seemed to be intentional), so I'm wondering if that's how they got mistimed.
Thanks for mentioning this. I bet you're right .... So much for that ....
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 05:49 AM  
mchelle81

I just did the first day of workout 2 does anyone else's when your doing the ab part glitch off then repeat it again ?
First impression isn't very good to be honest she does seem nervous and the times counting down as she is telling you what to do,I hate how each section is repeated you can't tell me she couldn't just record the workout in one go.and I have only done it once but 'done like a bell babe ' is going to get annoying hope is gets better as I won't be using it very often
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 01:53 PM  
anik

I don’t post here much, but I feel I need to briefly come out of lurkdom to add my 2 cents worth

I’ve just finished my first week of the rotation (first four workouts). I think this is a solid and well-thought program and I am thoroughly enjoying doing it. I am sure I will gain a lot of strength upon completing the rotation (as well as pick up some extra skills and further master the moves in the process).

I’ve watched the tutorial section and have to say -- it is fantastic! For those who think that there are no modifications shown -- Donica teaches all the moves/exercises she uses in the program and provides PLENTY of modifications for each (from very basic to highly advanced). In the workout sections, she doesn’t show different modifications for each move/exercise and most of the time she performs the advanced version herself, but it is very easy to take it down a notch by using one of her suggestions provided in the instructional section.

This tutorial section by itself is a gem. My only complaint (suggestion for the future releases) is sometimes it is difficult to see some nuances of what Donica is doing because of the black clothing and black background selection. It would be much nicer if the studio was brighter and/or Donica was wearing light-colored clothes.

As for some repeated footage, Mark stated from the beginning that this DVD would be similar in format/organization to all his FIF DVDs (and it is). So it is unclear why this came as a surprise for some people. Repeated exercises are inevitable in kettlebell training, so I am completely okay with the usage of repeated footage. Of course, Donica could perform each workout in one go, but then this DVD wouldn’t cost us 14 dollars and a change (most of us got it at that price including free shipping) and no way could they fit everything (including the tutorials) on one DVD. Repeated footage or not, each workout is solid, effective, and well-thought-out. For me, this is what matters the most.

As for Donica being a bit nervous in front of the camera, I don’t consider that to be a cardinal sin for the instructor of a fitness DVD. I’d much rather work out with instructors who are fitness professionals and/or accomplished athletes (nervous or not) than with celebrities who often don’t know much about fitness or good form, but are very cozy in front of the camera and looking good in a video.

The production quality is okay, it could be better of course, but then the DVD would cost much more in that case (IMHO). I personally tend not to be that picky when I get so much content at such low price.

Overall, I am very happy I have this DVD, since I know I’ll get a lot of use out of it and, most importantly, I these workouts.
anik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 09:59 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just received my copy today-will try to preview tomorrow.
Anik-thanks for your review. I will be sure to review the tutorial section for modifications.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 10:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Anik, I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the rotation, I got my dvd yesterday and I like what I watched so far! I checked half of the tutorials, and I totally agree on that she does give plenty of modifications. I even liked to see the 1 min water break on the screen! I'm sure I'll need that one!

OT, I loved her bell babe top and kb wrist guards!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 10:25 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle81 View Post
I just did the first day of workout 2 does anyone else's when your doing the ab part glitch off then repeat it again ?
First impression isn't very good to be honest she does seem nervous and the times counting down as she is telling you what to do,I hate how each section is repeated you can't tell me she couldn't just record the workout in one go.and I have only done it once but 'done like a bell babe ' is going to get annoying hope is gets better as I won't be using it very often
I dont think it's a glitch. Some sections seem to be intentionally repeated.

I did Workout 14 and it was shorter than 13, coming in at 45 mins including the warmup. It had less repetition than 13 for sure. I still question whether i like the sequencing.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 11:40 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I've just finished workout 13. That workout all by itself is worth the DVD! You gotta love long cycles though...

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 12:27 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I've just finished workout 13. That workout all by itself is worth the DVD! You gotta love long cycles though...
I second that, and I do long cycles
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 01:09 PM  
anik

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I second that, and I do long cycles
x3

I am still loving these workouts
anik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bell babe kettlebell, kettlebell, kettlebells, my mad methods