Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-14, 04:20 PM  
cooldham

Music in Rockin' Body - it's not all hits?!

I ordered the Jazzercise HiiT workout and LOVE the music - all recognizable, singalong type, pop music. At the same time I ordered Rockin' Body, for the same reason - singalong, pop music. (For example, I love Cathe's new workouts with the "soundalikes".) The Rockin' Body sets were on sale for $20 each, although of course BeachBody made me pay shipping for both sets and then shipped both sets together. Grrr.

Anyway, first of all, the Jazzercise HiiT is NOT an hour of pure cardio. So I did the 30 minute premix and then popped in Party Express from Rockin' Bod. Where are the pop songs?!! It was just normal boring workout music! Are all the DVDs like this? Do some of the Rockin' Body DVDs actually have a string of hit music playing?

I searched on this and found one old thread but was hoping to get more clarification about how much "real" music I can expect. Thanks!
Old 02-04-14, 05:15 PM  
Cafelattee

Its been years since I did ROckin Body. The only workout of the set that I did more than once was the one that you used a light weight with the workout. I can't remember the name. I do remember doing the work out and singing along with the son Eye of the Tiger (early 80's song) I can't remember the rest of the music. I didn't keep the set more than a month. It just wasn't advanced enough for me and I realize I'm not a dance person.
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 09:51 PM  
desertMermaid

I'm not sure - I remember being somewhat disappointed with the music in this set though. I traded it away a while ago.

Do you recommend Jazzercise HiiT? In this kind of workout I'd expect cardio. Cardio and some toning is OK but cardio is primary. Does the instructor talk a lot? Like is it distracting during the dance moves?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 10:37 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldham View Post
I ordered the Jazzercise HiiT workout and LOVE the music - all recognizable, singalong type, pop music. At the same time I ordered Rockin' Body, for the same reason - singalong, pop music. (For example, I love Cathe's new workouts with the "soundalikes".) The Rockin' Body sets were on sale for $20 each, although of course BeachBody made me pay shipping for both sets and then shipped both sets together. Grrr.

Anyway, first of all, the Jazzercise HiiT is NOT an hour of pure cardio. So I did the 30 minute premix and then popped in Party Express from Rockin' Bod. Where are the pop songs?!! It was just normal boring workout music! Are all the DVDs like this? Do some of the Rockin' Body DVDs actually have a string of hit music playing?

I searched on this and found one old thread but was hoping to get more clarification about how much "real" music I can expect. Thanks!
I haven't used Rockin' Body for awhile. I recall being surprised by the music because they advertised it based on the songs, but you hear every single recognizable song from the entire set in the advertisement for it. It's not that there are lots of generic songs - it's just that the songs are re-makes and stretched out so long that they sometimes just end up sounding like generic drum beats. It varies. So the workout might be 35 minutes long, but only have, like, three or four songs. That's how I remember it, anyway. I do remember being disappointed by the music - it's not terrible, but certainly not as great as advertised. I've been eyeing Jazzercise HIIT based on the songs - good to hear that it's genuinely enjoyable. I was worried it might be a little too intense for me at the moment - any idea how it compares to their Burlesque dance for intensity? (the music is also enjoyable on that one).
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 08:09 AM  
Christine S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I've been eyeing Jazzercise HIIT based on the songs - good to hear that it's genuinely enjoyable. I was worried it might be a little too intense for me at the moment - any idea how it compares to their Burlesque dance for intensity? (the music is also enjoyable on that one).
I am wondering the same thing; I am very tempted by the Jazzercise HIIT DVD because I really love both Dancin' Abs and Jazzercise Burlesque....
Old 02-05-14, 02:09 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine S. View Post
I am wondering the same thing; I am very tempted by the Jazzercise HIIT DVD because I really love both Dancin' Abs and Jazzercise Burlesque....
I have most of the Jazzercise DVDs and really enjoy the HIIT workout. I think it is similar in intensity as the Burlesque and just as fun! If you like Burlesque, you will definitely like HIIT!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 07:54 PM  
cooldham

I've only done the cardio only premix of the jazzercise HiiT DVD but I wish there was a whole series like this! The moves were not too dancy so they were much easier for me to pick up than even Zumba exhilarate. Great music, as I mentioned in my original post. I will need to do the whole thing and come back and review it all. IMO this was closest to a live class of any of the DVDs I own. Cueing was not too much or too little and I don't remember being irritated by comments about being sexy or tiny or fitting into my swimsuit, etc. occasionally they pan to the audience which can throw me off the direction but I could get bsck on track. I found the intensity nice and you can modify down.

Tags
rockin body, shaun t