Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-12, 09:41 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Another vfer who loves these!!! Both the 20m workouts and the xtremes. I think I may love these more than many of the classic Firms, which have always been my favorites. I love the music and the circuits and the split routines and Chris
Old 06-12-12, 10:37 AM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
I've done a month-long rotation with these twice and really love them. Chris is very motivating and there is no dread factor! That being said, while my body leaned out with these and my arms gained some definition, my legs started bulging out in the saddlebag area. If you're a pear shape, I'd be careful with these. I think all the side kicks she does build muscle in that area, and lead to the jodphurs look for those who are inclined to put on weight there. It wasn't until my second month of using these that I noticed what was happening.
oh no! that's not good to hear,, I too gain weight in the saddlebag area. maybe alternating with floorwork or barre might help?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 10:38 AM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
The recovery workouts are the Original 10 Pound Slimdown circuit workouts- 20 minutes each.
thank you!

can someone post the rotation please?
Old 06-12-12, 10:58 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
oh no! that's not good to hear,, I too gain weight in the saddlebag area. maybe alternating with floorwork or barre might help?
I've been doing exactly that since I finished my last 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme rotation, and it seems to be helping to thin out the sides of my legs. Just thought I'd pass along a heads-up, though, in case anyone else has this same problem.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 11:06 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
I've done a month-long rotation with these twice and really love them. Chris is very motivating and there is no dread factor! That being said, while my body leaned out with these and my arms gained some definition, my legs started bulging out in the saddlebag area. If you're a pear shape, I'd be careful with these. I think all the side kicks she does build muscle in that area, and lead to the jodphurs look for those who are inclined to put on weight there. It wasn't until my second month of using these that I noticed what was happening.
I had the exact same problem. I think for me, the solution is, adding in extra cardio and/or not going heavy with the lower body workouts.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 11:38 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
thank you!

can someone post the rotation please?
http://chrisfreytag.com/nutrition-an...imdown-xtreme/

Scroll down to the title that says: What you get

You can find one for the 20 min workouts and 40 min workouts

And luckily I have a body type that doesn't get huge in the legs. This is one time I love my genetics, I can do the workouts I want and get the results I want without odd body changes.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 12:57 PM  
Honeydew

Thanks Artist of Eyes. I was wondering if anyone made up their own rotation with the xtreme workouts, the rotation as is looks a bit too much for me right now.
Old 06-13-12, 01:55 AM  
nubiennelady

I enjoy the workouts but the Xtreme rotation isn't my cup of tea. First, I don't believe that splits are really an efficient use of time if you are trying to lose weight and tone up all over. So I can see where folks who tend to gain in the saddlebags area would end up bulking up because you are hitting that same area at least 4 times in the lower body week (sometimes twice a day). I also am not too keen on doing 80 minutes on some days (60 minutes is my limit). So the rotation makes no sense to me but the workouts are solid.
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 07:09 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Just in case someone wants to have a sneak peak before purchasing them, on Youtube you can see the Total Body Circuit http://youtu.be/k_OLGiMq_Qo as well as the Core one http://youtu.be/_rhTPz-NfC0
I have her 'normal' 10 Pounds Slimdown workouts but have yet to try them

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 07:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Just in case someone wants to have a sneak peak before purchasing them, on Youtube you can see the Total Body Circuit http://youtu.be/k_OLGiMq_Qo as well as the Core one http://youtu.be/_rhTPz-NfC0
And here's the entire kickboxing routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGJk5WUVrU
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote