Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-20, 07:47 PM  
Gams

Lucy Wyndham Read

Anyone here do her workouts? A friend just asked me if I did her workouts, but I’ve never heard of her. Tried to look at her YouTube videos but they are not working for me right now.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:27 PM  
cyana

I came across LWR on YT some months back - she has a ton of free work-outs on YT. There's a wide variety (walking, cardio, total body, arm-focused, leg-focused, abs, pear-shape, apple-shape, chair, beginners, over-50, how to start running, etc.), and many of the work-outs are short, so easy to squeeze in when you're short on time, or to layer with other work-outs. Near the end of the work-outs she may mention products that she sells from her website (work-out programs), but it isn't pushy and I tune it out and don't find it offensive. She films in voice-over and frequently provides modifications.

Here's a TEDx talk she did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IUciiZ6zk

Here's an ab-focused cardio work-out that I've done multiple times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ2G6pTMgHs

My work life is super busy during the last 3-4 months of the year with lots of long hours, and LWR's work-outs were helpful in getting something done even when I was short on time or felt like I was too tired to work-out.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I love her! I was doing her short workouts regularly but have slacked off. I love the countdown timer, and she's so upbeat and motivating.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

I just did one of her workouts on a whim yesterday - was looking for something different - and I'm a little sore today!

Anyone have any rotation suggestions - she has so many workouts on her You Tube channel, I don't know where to begin to fit them into a plan!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 09:51 AM  
Harivelo

Lucy posts 2 free weekly rotations (beginner & intermediate) on her website every Sunday. Click on the Lucy tab in the menu and then on the weekly workout suggestions tab. Here's a quick link
https://www.lwrfitness.com/weekly-workout-suggestions/
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 10:44 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Harivelo! I may start incorporating these into my rotations....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 10:06 AM  
Harivelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thanks, Harivelo! I may start incorporating these into my rotations....

Donna

You're welcome. Lucy also has a couple of books on Amazon, both in Kindle and paperback versions.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lucy wyndham read