Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-20, 04:42 PM  
bubbles76

I'm a sucker for systems! Anyone heard of these?

Hi! Wondering if anyone has heard of these systems, and what did you think of them:
  • Metabolic Prime
  • Metabolic Aftershock
  • Metabolic Renewal
  • Rival Fusion LiveFit
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 04:49 PM  
pgun3

Nope.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 06:36 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Hi! Wondering if anyone has heard of these systems, and what did you think of them:
  • Metabolic Prime
  • Metabolic Aftershock
  • Metabolic Renewal
  • Rival Fusion LiveFit
Can you share links? Are they dvds or uploads?

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 06:53 PM  
bubbles76

Below are some links.

They are all dvds. I didn't look that deep into them to see if they had downloads too as I'm just interested in the dvds.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 01-19-20, 10:23 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

The first 3 looked similar in that they all mentioned Dr. Teta. The first and third have the same price btw...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 10:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I don't know how I acquired it, but I believe I have that Metabolic Prime one. I think it was one of those where they sent me dvds and gave me downloads for the same price. I remember going through the cycles. Seemed like they had some A/B workouts you alternated, and I think I remember that the video had just one round filmed and you were meant to replay it. But, this is all pretty fuzzy for me in my memory. At the moment I do not see the downloads -- they must be on an external disc I have somewhere......

(sorry, not very illuminating, I realize)
Old 01-20-20, 01:23 PM  
bubbles76

Bee, that does not sound fun at all lol! Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-20-20, 01:42 PM  
gladgirl

I have and used Metabolic Aftershock. (some time ago) It is very basic, no weights, full body workouts using exercises like squats and pushups which also means lots of up and down. 3 dvds. Each has workout A, B, C for a Mon. Wed. Fri. schedule or whatever 3 day schedule you choose. Use each dvd for 3 wks (a 9wk rotation) Each workout is about 20 min. no equipment. Very repetitive, but I like squats and pushups and got some great results in my upper thighs (slimming and cuts) and my shoulders and arms looked great. Don’t remember, but may have had a nutritional plan which I did not follow. Basic, no equipment, done in about 20min was just what I needed. Boring, repetitive, etc. but I did not mind as I was busy sweating and you get to go at your own pace…I did fewer pushups at first and built on it.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 04:53 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I have all three of the Metabolics. Aftershock is all bodyweight. Prime uses weights and Renewal is aimed at women. I believe it uses weighs too. I haven’t done Renewal. Jade Teta’s philosophy is you do certain exercises at certain times for 15 minutes is all you need to boost your metabolism. I don’t know about all that but these work really good for 15 minute finishers to other workouts which is how I use them. As previously mentioned each phase has an A,B and C workout. There are four phases per program. So that’s 12 different workouts per program. The workouts have circuits to them. Four moves for each circuit. I can’t remember how many circuits maybe two or three. You’re not repeating four moves for 15 minutes. There is also a five minute finisher if you wish to do it. These do get your heart rate up and sweat flowing in 20 minutes for sure. They’re not the most exciting workouts out there but they definitely work you. I just don’t feel 20 minutes is enough to cause weight loss etc so I used them to top off other workouts.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 07:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Bee, that does not sound fun at all lol! Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, as others have better described, you are correct..... if you're looking for fun you should keep looking elsewhere.

Tags
metabolic aftershock, metabolic prime, metabolic renewal, rival fusion