Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-19, 03:22 PM  
pharma_gal

Workout plans for the New Year

What is everyone thinking about starting in the New Year? I’m gonna continue with Cathe’s workouts both DVDs and the live downloads. As I’m getting older, I am moving away from aesthetic goals and more towards movement and mobility goals and of course doing the workouts I want to do. Also I want to start my meditation practice again and be consistent with it.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 03:33 PM  
Daffie

I just hope to continue to do some sort of intentional activity each day. I do Cathe a lot but grateful for my treadmill that I use everyday.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 03:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I want to get back to consistently working out like I used to and specifically I want to focus on strength training. Some very dear family members have been facing terrible diseases and I want to do whatever I can to improve my health. We have no idea what we will be challenged with as we age.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 03:58 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

My goal is the same as last year; to do as many, or more, workouts than this year. I keep track of the number of workouts and time spent.

I'd also like to work more on flexibility but struggle to fit in dedicated stretching. I try to add on 5 to 10 minutes of stretching, especially for the hips, to each workout but feel it isn't enough.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 04:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I want to keep moving daily! So it will more of the same for me with lots of variety....Essentrics, gentle yoga, low weight/high rep/resistance band toning, low impact cardio, a little barre, a little Pilates, & want to get back to swimming lengths again. I also want to work through my BellyFit collection.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:04 PM  
Taiga

I'm probably going to do some combo of Cathe's Xtrain and P90X2, along with additional mobility work. Very hard decision as I have a few sets calling my name (Rushfit is tempting!). I haven't fully decided but I typically start the year with an emphasis on strength. STS has been a common choice for January but I think I want to mix it up more. For me, one of the joys of the New Year is picking out a rotation. I'm not signing any contracts just yet as I need more time to savor
Old 12-01-19, 05:14 PM  
Lannette

Trying to hang on

I hurt my neck pretty badly back in the spring. Two partially herniated discs. I’m working on recovering my previous strength and endurance. I’m currently doing Cathe’s Beginner Rotation and it’s been great for rebuilding strength and endurance but I’m missing Pilates and Callanetics something fierce.

I’m going to try to hold on for as long as possible because I really want to build balanced strength. My chiropractor has been really happy with my progress. I hope to keep up with this rotation as long as possible. The difficulty is that you are basically using two DVDs for 12 weeks!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:23 PM  
Garrie A.

Last week I finished Mesocycle 1 of Cathe's STS. This week is active recovery, and next week I'll be starting Mesocycle 2 (Hypertrophy). So my New Year plans are to complete STS. After that I don't know yet. I do want to do Body Beast sometime in the new year, but I don't want to do another 3 month commitment right after STS.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:25 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My primary goal is keeping up my home physical therapy. When you're being forced to do it under the watchful eye of your PT, is one thing. Once you're set free on your own recognizance, that's the tricky part.

My plans are to be accountable with home PT and to be serious with balance, functional fitness and therapeutic yoga.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:41 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm starting a rotation around Suesan Lazarus Pawlitski's Tone-Up: Be Your Best Body! from 2003. I want to see if it strengthens my knees. I'll mix in whatever feels good and makes sense. I pretty much only use retro workouts now anyway and have been enjoying rediscovering old friends.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bret contreras, glute lab, new year, new year goals, new year rotations, ymca