Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-19, 06:59 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Question Intermediate KCMs and ranking?

Happy Mother's Day and Furbaby Mama's Day! Hope everyone's day was nice.

This morning I did Kelly's Body Shop workout 1 and was happily surprised to find that it was generally modifiable to my advanced beginner/low intermediate level. I haven't touched Kelly in years because many of her newer releases are certainly too advanced for me. I'm also not a huge fan of her cardio; I have a few that I like and that's enough for me. But I'm wondering which of her strength videos might work for my level, without twisting/torquing back or knees?

I like Weights and Start Here, and now Body Shop. Some of her workouts are too long for me - I like 30 minutes! - and I prefer more traditional lifting to her creative compound moves.

How would you rank Kelly's workouts in order from easiest to hardest?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 11:36 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

You'll also like Split Sessions, Body Training, Cardio Pump, Build & Burn, Body Design, Your Best Body and NYC then Huge KCM fan here and none of these are too funky for me. And all of these have 25-35 mins segments (exception being NYC which is a super fun circuit workout and Body Design which has 15 mins segments to add on or string together).
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 04:54 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks Tiffany. Will look up clips!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:37 AM  
alisoncooks

Body Training and Muscle Definition were the two KCM's that I used to enjoy. But MD does go longer than 30 minutes, iirc.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:37 AM  
bubbles76

Split Sessions run longer than 35 minutes, I believe. Not much longer, but longer. I think that either the upper or lower body session was closer to 40 minutes.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:45 AM  
Garrie A.

Yes, on Muscle Definition both workouts are longer than 30 minutes.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 08:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Our tastes in KCM are similar - preferring the upper end of beginner to intermediate, and not her cardio. I also don't enjoy her boxing. My favorites are Your Best Body, Build & Burn, Definition and Splits.

I also like Slim Sculpt. It's easily modifiable and I use a light weight for the swings. Then there is Start Here, which is KCM's "easiest" workout but you can use heavier weights if you need a challenge.

The Build & Burn workouts were too short or too easy for some VF'ers, but the program suits me fine and I think it's a well-produced.

My ranking is:

Start Here
Build & Burn
Your Best Body
Definition*
Splits*
Slim Sculpt

*same level

Now I have to dust off Body Shop which is a virgin.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 11:08 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I've never taken to Muscle Definition -- each segment is too long (>35 mins) and it has some funky moves (not good for my tweaky knees and sensitive shoulders). For the other ones I recommended, if you're willing to skip the stretch/cool-down in one or two cases, they all definitely fit within 35 mins or less I know because I often squeeze one of these into my workout at the office gym and literally I'm running to catch the shuttle bus home or to my next work meeting (which means at minimum wiping down and ditching the sweaty clothes) so the <35 mins rule absolutely must prevail! I can always stretch... on the shuttle bus or just sometime later.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm ranking, kcm strength, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer