Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-10, 08:35 PM  
lincnkel

Cathe/SNM Deleted Posts re: Egglands Best

I was just over at Cathes site and saw that someone posted about their post in response to Cathes Egglands Best article was deleted. I read the post and when I refreshed the page it was gone. Am I seeing things? Did anyone else see it? I was planning on ordering the new DVDs tomorrow but if they are going to delete posts that state the truth about the humane societies case against Egglands Best - well I hope she's happy with their money because she certainly isn't going to get mine.
lincnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:44 PM  
brownie123

That was ME!!!
(I was a member there since 2003...) They DID erase my second post, too!
I feel like I am in communist China right now. Wow, Cathe.com has something to hide!!!!

Here is my second post that was deleted:
I am very disappointed today and I am sure this post will be flagged and erased quickly, but I have to say my peace – As a long time Cathe fan, I have every dvd, been on the road trips, own most of her equipment, I was let down today when I commented on her Eggland’s Best article. The Humane Society of the US (HSUS) has filed a complaint with the FTC to stop the country's largest egg producer, ROSE ACRE FARMS-- makers of Eggland's Best eggs -- from making false and misleading statements in its marketing and advertising about how it treats chickens at the company's farms. My comments were erased within minutes on cathe.com.

What saddens me is that SMN and Cathe seem, by erasing my comments so quickly, to be putting ahead of their long-time supporters and fans, corporate interests. If one is to become a spokesperson for a company who is known to grossly mistreat animals, that spokesperson should be able to accept the criticism, or more simple, the truth, of what they are endorsing. I do understand, however, that this is a “private” site (although Cathe is a public figure), they can “monitor” as they see fit. But, as of today, I will no long be a “Cathlete”. It makes me sad, but I must stand up for animals and the right to free speech even if the corporate interests do not agree. This company seems to very political and I do not want to give my money to such a business.

Thank you, Everyone, for your advice and friendship throughout the years – it was fun!

jen
brownie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:48 PM  
sciencelady

I saw it about twenty minutes ago and its gone now - you weren't seeing things. I'm just a lurker at Cathe's site, but not inclined to go there much since she's upped her editorial powers. I've raised an eyebrow over several of SNM's posts explaining their deleting choices recently, but it is her site.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:50 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie123 View Post
That was ME!!!
(I was a member there since 2003...) They DID erase my second post, too!
I feel like I am in communist China right now. Wow, Cathe.com has something to hide!!!!

jen
Ohh my god! I responded to that thread. lol!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:54 PM  
brownie123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Ohh my god! I responded to that thread. lol!
I am shocked that she is protecting her pockets THIS radically! Wow - she does not want the truth to get out there - her payments must be really good for her to do this and know that animals are being tortured for her paycheck.
brownie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:58 PM  
smissy

Oh my...here we go again Don't they realize that word gets out? That we talk on other message boards? Of course it's her board...but deleting posts does not benefit them at all. I always buy my eggs from local sources...same with chicken. Watch out, now you'll be "banned for life" I was (one post...email told me I posted 10, TEN!! rude posts...not so), but I've been surviving just fine, thank you.
smissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:58 PM  
icebergslim

Nothing surprises me over at cathe.com

To be real, it is her site and obviously she is protecting her relationship with this egg organization (sorry, not up to speed on what she is doing with this egg company), so if the comments or posts are not to her taste she can delete it.

She has plenty of sheep that will defend her over there.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 08:59 PM  
lincnkel

Wow. I can't say I'm suprised at this point. The very propaganda they are spewing is what the HSUS is trying to stop. They are treading on some very dangerous ground where their long-term business is concerned. If they were smart they would see the big picture instead of $$ signs and cut ties with Egglands Best.
lincnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 09:00 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie123 View Post
I am shocked that she is protecting her pockets THIS radically! Wow - she does not want the truth to get out there - her payments must be really good for her to do this and know that animals are being tortured for her paycheck.
wow. that's about all I can say.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 09:00 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincnkel View Post
Wow. I can't say I'm suprised at this point. The very propaganda they are spewing is what the HSUS is trying to stop. They are treading on some very dangerous ground where their long-term business is concerned. If they were smart they would see the big picture instead of $$ signs and cut ties with Egglands Best.
Money talks and the other stuff walks...it is capitalism the American way....
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe.com, egg industry, eggland's, eggs, snm, snm deleting posts, travel