Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-10, 05:53 PM  
Queen of the Sky

New to VF not to videos....My Intro

Hi Ladies,

My name is George and I'm a Flight Attendant based in Orlando. Yes, I know its hard to believe with a name like Queen of the Sky but I'm gay. I know a male FA big surprise At least you know I'm not hear to hit on anyone !!! Another thing just to clear things up when I exercise I do exercise in women''s clothing. I ask that you judge me for me and not whoo I like or like to dress in. Anyway I have been exercising regularly for about 11 years. I started working out with my mom when I was a kid we did Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith. I lost some interest as I did ballet for a while, but got back into it about 11 years a go and love it!! My favorites are The Firm, Margaret Richard, Kathy Smith, Jane Fonda, just to name a few. I have about 120 workouts give or take a few. I LOVE aerobics but have two left feet. I love lower body as long as I'm on the mat. Since I'm away from home a lot its hard to workout but I try to bring stuff with me and convert some of the girls to exercise videos. Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions

Hugs

George
Old 06-18-10, 06:11 PM  
Just_Jo

Welcome, George.
Old 06-18-10, 06:15 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Welcome, George! A word of warning - you'll see your collection grow while your wallet shrinks if you hang out here very long. There are a few older threads on how to work out while traveling that may be helpful to you. Some people like to pack audio or video workouts on their phones for that or carry a TRX, collapsible hula hoop or gliding disks, etc. with them.

I also am choreographically challenged (I make Kate Gosselyn look graceful) and have to stick with more basic workouts rather than dance. I prefer Anni Mairs's The Forces and kickboxing DVD's to dance or traditional aerobics because they're so much easier for me to follow. There are lots of threads on that subject too. VF is a great resource.
Old 06-18-10, 06:31 PM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
Welcome, George! Love the moniker and your attitude! I also love that you admit you work out in women's gear. There's no shame in being who you are and you shouldn't be judged for it. Own it, babe!

One question: Have you tried Tracey Anderson's Mat Workout? It has some barre elements, fabulous music, is an amazing mat workout and might appeal to your aesthetics. My gay friends LOVE it!

Again, welcome to the board! Hope you find a happy home here.

Sherri
Old 06-18-10, 06:33 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Sky View Post
Yes, I know its hard to believe with a name like Queen of the Sky but I'm gay.
I love me some queens, so welcome to VF!
I'm pretty sure you're not the only person who works out in women's clothing, a lot of us do, too.
Old 06-18-10, 06:37 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Welcome George.

Ever tried Leslie Sansone for cardio? She's pretty good for those with two left feet (like me).
Old 06-18-10, 06:41 PM  
neatski

Welcome!

I miss Florida so much! I moved up here from there a few years ago and am never going to adjust to this climate. That's one of the reasons I started using exercise videos- I am stuck indoors for 6 months out of the year!
Old 06-18-10, 06:51 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Welcome George.

I am not sure, but I think we have one other male member who loves to wear the leotards. But in case I am mistaken, I won't mention any names.

But he is one of our friendliest members so I am sure he will chime in when he sees your thread.

Your job is the one I would have to say no thank you to. I am the worst flier. The passengers would be a bit alarmed with my grabbing the other FAs' arms and saying, "Is that supposed to be sounding like that," or conversely,
"Isn't that sound supposed to be happening."

And then with every bump screaming out "We're all going to die," would probably get me booted rather quickly.

ETA: Here is a thread that explains a lot of the slang/acronyms/name dropping we do on VF.http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=143652

So I admire all FAs who are gracious and sane while those like me are whimpering quietly in their seats.

I would think exercising to DVDs would help with the balance needed while standing in the aisles while things are jostling.

Sorry to ramble, but just hearing "flight attendant" causes nervous chatter.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
Old 06-18-10, 07:00 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I'm pretty sure you're not the only person who works out in women's clothing, a lot of us do, too.
Actually, I was going to write this in my short welcome, but hubby had dinner ready and so I jumped at that...I admit that I wear men's t-shirts to work out in. There, I said it. I wear Wally World Danskin Capri's, but I love my men's t-shirts.

George, have you tried Christi Taylor's cardio? She does step and hi/lo. I love the old Firms--they're my favorites, I have some Jane Fondas I do on occasion, but Christi is tons of fun for cardio. And I also have two left feet and can do her workouts with the modifiers.
Old 06-18-10, 07:06 PM  
muddjeansgal

Hi George. Welcome.

I am currently enjoying Kathy Smith's Total Body Lift in my rotation right now. That one would be good to take while traveling since only one segment uses light weights.

I would encourage you to check out the Check In/Challenges section. These are great for motivating and inspiring. All are very welcoming and open to new members.
Closed Thread

Tags
deltaman, fitboy, geoff, george, queen of the sky