Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-09, 09:24 AM  
DejaDeb

Recommendation for Fitness Shoes?

I love walking with Leslie, but by the time I finish the third mile, my feet are BURNING! It's all I can do to get through that fourth mile, but as I have been working on my endurance, I'd hate to have to quit because of my feet! (the big fleshy pad under the toes is my problem area)

Which are better for a Leslie Sansone-style workout: walking shoes or aerobic shoes (considering the side steps that are done.)

What fitness shoe brand, style do you recommend? Since I plan to use these exclusively for working out, I don't mind splurging (if necessary) to help my poor, tired feet!

Thanks!

~ Debbie
Old 05-09-09, 07:06 PM  
jayne F

Debbie,

Get yourself a good pair of running shoes. No, you wont great lateral support, but you will get the very best in cushioning and stability that shoe mfg. has to offer.

As a general rule, walking shoes are crap! Aerobic shoes are going to be heavier than a runner, and they are made for AEROBICS, not foward motion.

I really like the Nike Max Moto, the Mizuno Wave Rider, Saucony Grid Ignition, and Brooks makes some fabulous ones.

I have sold shoes for many years, and you cant beat a great running shoe for cushioning.

Hope that helps
Jayne F
jayne F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 01:13 PM  
KathAL79

I think cross trainers are great, as they'll give you the lateral support that running shoes won't give you. I pick up New Balances at outlet stores and haven't had any problems with them. But I'm not a shoe expert.

It's worth going to a store that offers personal consultations. Bring your current pair so they can see the wear patterns and the shoe's construction that might be leading to your problems.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 10:23 AM  
GMonkey

I am nursing a very bad knee injury from doing aerobics wearing running shoes. They don't support laterally. Also, if you wear them doing step or any kind of pivots, your foot will stay in place, but the rest of your body will turn. Not good! Running shoes are only for running, and walking.
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote