Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-20, 05:34 PM  
pharma_gal

Sydney Cummings on YouTube

Is anyone using Sydney’s workouts on YouTube? There are so many. Any recommendations on full body and circuit workouts? Also, does she cover all parts on a full body workout and are the reps even? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 01:24 PM  
marki64

I do her workouts pretty regularly. Some I like, some I don't care for. It is overwhelming to decide which workout to do. She releases new workouts daily. No need to pay a streaming service, when you get free quality workouts daily from her. She has some that tend to neglect a body part here and there, but she has a weekly rotation to follow, so I think it's all covered in the week. I don't follow a rotation. I don't think her reps are uneven. I count and I haven't noticed and unevenness. With many of her weight workouts, you do as many reps as you can for 30-40 seconds. I like this. I can go at my own pace and usually lift lighter than her.

I don't like her workouts where she repeats sets more than 2X. As with any instructor that does that, I get bored.

I have 21 of hers saved that are my faves that I consider challenging, effective, and thorough.

Her form isn't always stellar, but that doesn't bother me. Her personality is adorable.

One of my fave's is 50 Min. Strong Arms & Legs (from 3-15-19). She moves upper to lower body. Very thorough. i just did this last week, so I remember it well.

I am not a real fan of her cardio workouts. Some are fun, some are boring. She likes to do high knee runs and I hate them.

Sydney is my favorite YT instructor and she offers a good variety of workouts.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 02:47 PM  
pharma_gal

Thank you for sharing. What other workouts of hers do you like? Thanks! P
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 04:19 PM  
wendug

I'm also a fan of Sydney's workouts. I think she is a great instructor; she's very encouraging, shows lots of modifications, and is just fun to work out with! I can't recommend any favorites as I just go to her site and pick something I feel like working that day. Leg day? Well I find something about legs and decide how much time I want to spend working out. I don't mind her cardio, but I think she shines with her weight work. I think I like her best when she mixes weights with a little cardio.

marki64- I'm going to look into her 50 min. Strong Arms & Legs workout you recommend!
Old 01-22-20, 10:08 PM  
marki64

Here are some I like:

40 min. Lean Legs Superset 1-13-20
45 min. Full Body Strength and Conditioning 12-4-19
50 min. Power Pilates & Cardio 11-16-19
40 min. Full Body Hiit Strong 11-6-19
30 min. Full Body Hiit Strength & Conditioning 10-26-19
60 min. Power Strength workout 7-10-19
40 min. Full Body Strength Burnout 3-20-19
30 min Upperbody Shred 2-23-19
30 min Strong Legs 1-22-19
50 min. Strength & Conditioning 6-10-19
Old 01-22-20, 11:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks for the list! You really piqued my interest with the one that essentially sounds like Cathe's PHA workouts that I love. I'm going to try that one soon.
Old 01-23-20, 09:09 AM  
marki64

Just previewed today's workout (Upper Body & Abs). It looks good! 3 sets, 30 sec. each. Alternating UB then abs.

Tags
sydney cummings, youtube workouts