Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-19, 04:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: Ultimate Leg Sculptor from Essentrics Body Sculpting Series with Sahra.

Linda: Glad you checked in! Sorry to hear about the wrist issue, though, but happy to hear you are still seeing your gentleman friend. How is Miss Meow Meow doing?

Paine: Welcome to "sunny" California! I am seldom troubled by moose or bear (or mountain lions) in my walks around my home. The wild turkeys are a different story, though....

Anny: I have been reading about the terrible fires in Australia. You have my sympathies.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 07:26 PM  
YogaGal

Tuesday: I did the Boxing Drills premix on Kelly’s Trim Down. This was my first time doing this premix and I have to say I like some of KCM’s other boxing workouts better. The drills mixed in with weights for the main workouts were great, but as a stand-alone, they are a bit repetitive and simplistic. I like starting off simple and adding on other moves as she does with TLC boxing. Anyway it wasn’t bad, but I don’t know how often I’ll go for this premix over another boxing routine. I followed it with the second half of Sarah Beth’s 30-Minute Yoga for Sciatica.

Today Wednesday: I did a quick weight workout from Jessica Smith’s youtube channel, 15-Minute Total Body Strength Fat Burning Circuit Workout with Dumbbells using mostly 7# dbs and 8s for a few at the end when Jessica switched to 10s.

Linda: Glad to see you back, but sorry about all the health issues. Glad Meow and “the man” are doing well.

Will check in more tomorrow.
Old 12-04-19, 08:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, that's basically what I'm doing. Tomorrow I'll just do the short yoga practice (after I get home from teaching yoga), but on other days I'm adding on.

Paine, safe travels to you and good luck settling in!

Linda, happy early birthday; glad to hear you will have company.

Sandra, I am surprised to hear that there are wild turkeys in California! We have them around here; I enjoy seeing them.

Carolyn, I felt the same way about Trim Down; I kept it for awhile and then got rid of it. The boxing drills from Body Design are similarly simplistic, but there's more going on with that DVD so I like it better.

Tonight I did Yoga in the Garden of Serenity Neck & Shoulders. My neck has been stiff for days; at first it seemed migraine related, but I'm not sure why it's lingering. I also did a yin practice from Yoga Ranger.

Does anyone else have playlists on YouTube? Mine are acting weird today; I can't seem to edit them or view my comments.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 01:31 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - I have playlists on YouTube but haven't been to YouTube today yet. I almost wish the man wasn't arriving today. I've been up since 5 a.m. I'm tired and cranky.

Sandra - there are wild turkeys here, too. They like to jump in front of cars and scare people. Meow has decided afternoons are for napping. I guess she's getting older and needs her beauty sleep more than play time. How are the boys?

Carolyn, glad your home improvements came out with no major complaints.

Anny, are you back to your usual workouts yet? I started back with JV and Cathe but they aren't good for my wrist. I've been doing a lot of lower body lately. I'm told it's paying off. I can't lose my upper body strength since I'm the only one here to do the heavy lifting.

Guess I have things to do. I'd rather have a nap.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 06:09 PM  
YogaGal

Today’s workout was “Buns and Thighs Walk” from Jessica Smith’s Tone Your Trouble Zones. Then a short Kundalini Yoga practice, Warmups and Set 2 meditation from RaviAna’s Body Electric.

We planned a trip for this weekend back in September. We’re leaving Friday to go up to Sedona. We were there last summer and enjoyed it, but were curious to see it in the winter. So hopefully I’ll have a little time for yoga while we are there; perhaps just something on youtube I can load on my ipad.

Paine: Glad to hear that you are getting some time to enjoy the weather in southern California and do some walking. But take it easy as you recover from shin splints! I would think stretching and rest are the best options to recover. Nice that you’ll be able to bring home a few dvds to add more variety to your workouts.

Anny: Hope your smoke clears soon. What are your temperatures like now? Is it warm?

Sandra: We don’t have wild turkeys, but we do have a lot of bunny rabbits. It was nice in the summer since they did our mowing for us (we just have a small amount of grass); but since we put out seed for our winter grass, the rabbits are keeping us from having a lush bit of green in the backyard.

Beth: I like the main workouts on Trim Down, and plan to try the Weights only premix sometime this month. Doing the boxing along with the weights was fine, but just seemed lacking as a stand-alone routine. When is your Fall semester over?

Garrie: Have you officially started your new job as Assistant Manager at the bookstore? If not, when do you start?

Linda: Happy Friday Birthday! You should celebrate ALL Weekend!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!
Old 12-05-19, 09:02 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. Earlier today I took advantage of a break in the rain to get in a 2-mile outdoor walk. Rain returns tomorrow.

My niece and grandniece visited for a while this afternoon. I showed my grandniece around my home gym. She really liked the rebounder (I held her hands while she jumped) and the stationary bike (after we lowered the seat). She also asked about the weights. Her favorites were the "poo poo" (purple) ones!

Linda: The boys thank you for asking after them! They also wish you a Happy Birthday tomorrow.

Carolyn: At the library where I work we have bunny rabbits! Our branch backs up to a wooded area belonging to a Catholic retreat center. The bunnies have been there for decades. Between them, the wild turkeys, and the occasional chicken and guinea hen we have quite a zoo!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 10:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, re the YouTube thing, I did some Googling and found out that others were having the same issue. There is a cumbersome workaround, but at least it works. Hope having your guy cheered you up!

Carolyn, it seems like it's forever this year! Classes end next Monday and exams start Wed, ending Tues the 17th. Usually things slow down considerably by the first day of exams, but I still have a full week next week.

Sandra, about your grand niece would like the bunnies at the library, too!

I forgot to mention that while I was visiting my family over Thanksgiving, my 9 year old niece had me doing partner and acro yoga with her. I posted to IG but will try to add a pic here as well.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-06-19, 08:32 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

I woke up yesterday morning, all excited because I thought it was Friday. Oops....reality check!

Happy Birthday, Linda.

Best wishes for many more healthy, happy days. Enjoy your day and your visitor and give MM a scratch from me.

Quick wave to ALL - will check in and catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 03:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, thanks for the Friday wishes! I'm glad even though it was a quick short week for me.

Ugh, I had another frustrating interaction with the new owner of my yoga studio today. She can be VERY particular about how she wants things, and she tends to lash out via text when something wasn't done her way...even if it was an accident.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-06-19, 04:00 PM  
Garrie A.

HAPPY FRIDAY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Linda!

Tuesday:
TAUGHT HiiT and Pump classes (using very light weights for the Pump class since I'm in "active recovery" week from STS)

Wednesday:
Molly Fox's Yoga Sculpts

Yesterday:
TAUGHT Zumba class

Did I mention how much I miss my weights??

Re my bookstore job, I had to put in an official application but am currently training for the position--billing, online orders, etc.

Linda: Sorry to hear about your wrist. This summer (when I did CLX) I had to take a week of rest before starting the Push phase due to a flare-up of wrist tendonitis. I haven't had any issues since then. Happy the man is doing well!

Carolyn: Glad the countertops are installed! I've always been curious about Trim Down (since I love metabolic weight training and boxing). On my wish list it goes...

Beth: Sorry to hear about the frustrating interaction with the owner.

Paine: IMHO, the best way to prevent shin splints is to strengthen and stretch your calves and ankles. Wishing you and Carolyn safe travels!

I'll be back later with today's workout. Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote