Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-19, 10:52 AM  
cyana

Barefoot & On the Mat: How Did It Get So Late So Soon? 12.1 - 12.7.2019

Greetings and welcome to December whether you were ready or not!

I figured this called for help from a good old friend, Dr. Seuss:

"How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?" Dr. Seuss

Welcome to the weekly Barefoot & On the Mat check-in thread. We are a cozy, friendly group who enjoy a wide variety of workouts but who have a special appreciation for those traditionally done without footwear. If you regularly include yoga, pilates, barre, qi gong, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Ellen Barrett, etc. into your fitness life -- or even if you just like to shuck your shoes for more traditional exercise -- you will feel right at home!

Please feel free to join in. We always love hearing from new, returning, and guest Mat Mavens! Our welcome mat is always out.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 11:10 AM  
cyana

Count me in the not category as far as being ready for December's arrival.

Last night I did:
2:43 chi-toes practice - the inspirational song of the day was "Heat Wave" by Martha and the Vandellas, one of my favorite oldies. This song is always on my play list when I'm flying and I wonder if my seatmates wonder why someone stuck in a coach seat is sitting there with such a big smile as I listen to Martha Reeves sing.
YT - Timberlake Yoga - Yin Yoga without props - Practice Gratitude. Posted 11.21.2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDVZfB8o0uk . Sherry posted about this instructor yesterday in GD and it didn't take much coaxing to get me to do yin while drooling over the beach scenery. Brittany is very soft spoken and this is a yin practice you could do anywhere. My only complaint - half saddle. That is definitely one of my nemesis poses, so I guess I need to work on that, too!

Back later with today's work-out.

Safe travels to Beth - hope you had an early flight out before the bad weather moved in.

Old 12-01-19, 01:54 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Cyana, thanks so much for starting us off this week!

I am so happy we are now in December, as November was probably one of my worst months *ever* as far as consistent workouts. My stomach bug, closely followed by the upheaval of my niece breaking up with her partner and moving in with my brother, just did a number on me both physically and psychologically. However, I think things are starting to settle just a bit so my big goal will be to re-establish regular workouts (because my body can sure tell the difference without them!).

Safe travels to anyone on the road heading home from their holiday weekend.

Waving to all -- be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 03:12 PM  
gjv

Happy Sunday everyone! (Let's go Chiefs!)

I did KCM's Sculpting RX workout #2, then of course added on a Leslie mile.

It is so windy here, like 40 to 50 mph. I just got groceries and was afraid they'd blow out of the back of my truck! But I made it home safe. My other workout today was lugging in the water softener salt!
Old 12-01-19, 05:36 PM  
Garrie A.

Cyana: Thanks for starting us off! I love Dr. Seuss.

Sandra: You did have a rough November. Hope things settle down this month. ((((HUGS))))

Deb: Roll out your mat and join us! Our door is always open.

Beth: Wishing you safe travels.

Anny: The only Joyce abs I've done is the old Bottoms Up Middle (on VHS only). I only did half of it and my abs were burning the next day.

Here was last week. I finished Mesocycle 1 of Cathe's STS and this week is active recovery. I start Mesocycle 2 next Sunday.

Sunday:
STS Disc 10 (Chest, Shoulders & Biceps)

Monday:
TAUGHT Functionally Fit and Cardio classes
Jessica Smith 10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast (20 minute abs)

Tuesday:
STS Disc 11 (Back & Triceps)

Wednesday:
Cathe's XTRAIN All Out Low Impact HiiT (skipped the gliding disc drills and added on the Core #1 bonus)
TAUGHT Ai Chi class

Thursday (Thanksgiving):
No workout (except Dinner Max)

Friday:
STS Disc 12 (Legs)

Yesterday:
No workout (unplanned rest day)

Today I started my active recovery week with Karen Voight's Streamline Fitness (the whole thing). While this workout is easy (except for the ab section), it was perfect for today. I love the jazzy R&B music and afterwards I felt good.

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 07:47 PM  
cyana

Today:
Chi-toes practice: 3 minutes. Song of the day: Crazy by Cee Lo Green - the Live From Daryl's House Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKQuhqoWNuQ
I thought Crazy was a good description for my daily immersion into agony, LOL. "I remember when I lost my mind......."
MFML: QiGong and Restorative Yoga: Finding Balance - Mimi Kuo-Deemer

I was going to do two more practices, but DS called and that's always a lengthy phone chat. Then it was time for dinner.

MFML is having a new challenge - Frazzle Free Festivities - 32 days of yoga practices that are supposed to be warming and supporting and includes a good bit of yin and restorative. I signed up and am supposed to get my first email at midnight (not sure if that's their time or mine since they're in the UK). You can see the list of classes on MFML when you log in, and I was going to start today, but decided I'd wait until I got my daily notification.

Garrie - LOL on Dinner Max!! Congratulations on completing Mesocycle 1. I Dr. Seuss.

Gayle - It's been really windy here, too - it's still roaring out there. One time this afternoon I looked out the window and the street was literally filled with leaves, all blowing in the same direction. It looked like it was choreographed. My yard is now full of oak leaves from all the surrounding houses and my one tree.

Sandra - I hear you on needing to get back in the work-out groove. Busy season is always disruptive to my work-outs, but I never could get into any sort of routine with the long hours and being totally pooped. I think it was worse this year, too, as the cat is getting older and doesn't sleep through the night very often. And of course the humans are supposed to get up and hang out with him if he wakes up as well as open the breakfast buffet! Here's hoping we both feel a whole lot better about our work-outs at the end of this month.

So far I've only purchased one thing from all the sales, and that's 2 bottles of styling products from Jessicurl. Thinking about buying some new yoga accessories since I'll be going to fewer classes going forward.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

Old 12-01-19, 09:51 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

I finally got in a proper workout....

Today's Workout: I started with the 20-minute Easy Burn walk from Leslie Sansone's Walk Off Fat Fast. I like this one as it features an 80-year-old lady in the cast -- I want to be her when I grow up! I then did Powerfit Harmony Core Body Balance, and finished with Classical Stretch episode 1230. I'm thinking about working through CS Season 12 backwards.

Right when I was finishing up my workout my niece called and invited me over to her and her dad's house for dinner. She loves to cook but hates to do it only for herself. I told her I would be happy to help eat her creations!

Gayle: Those winds sound scary! Not quite so windy here, but it has been raining all day here. Was so very happy I didn't have to get in a car to go out anywhere!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 12:41 PM  
gjv

Steppin Strength Walk for me this morning. Then later I took a walk outside! In the sun!

Sandra! I wish someone would cook for me!
Old 12-02-19, 05:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm home! Flight was cancelled yesterday afternoon but we were able to get into the last flight of the day; got home around midnight. Catching up now on laundry and stuff around the house; more later!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 05:57 PM  
YogaGal

Our granite counters were installed on Wednesday and look beautiful! We spent most of Thursday at BIL and SIL’s as they hosted Thanksgiving for family and friends (13 people). On Friday we were away from the house most of the day running errands and I put up more shelf liner in the evening. On Saturday I spent some time shopping for drawer organizers. Sunday I was working like a fiend to finish putting the remaining kitchen items that had been moved to the living room and get them put in their proper place. Feels so good to having things almost back to normal. DH is working on crown molding today while I’m at work.

cyana: Thanks for starting us off! I am all too familiar with cats waking me up during the night. My Moxie used to do that a lot by meowing by my side of the bed and now Zippy has taken over the job, but he prefers to sit on my pillow and paw at my face.

Sandra: I am with you on November being a bust for working out. Between our kitchen remodel and issues with sciatica, workouts were minimal and on the easy side when they happened. Lucky you, having your niece invite you to dinner!

Gayle: I much prefer sunshine to super windy days!

Garrie: LOL at Dinner Max. That’s a good one!

Beth: So glad you made it home safely. Thanks for checking in to let us know.

No workouts over the long and crazy weekend. But today I did Jessica Smith’s 16-Minute Total Body Time Saving Circuit Training (youtube) using mostly 7# dbs. I then did the first half of Sarah Beth’s 30-Minute Yoga for Sciatica.