Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-10, 06:57 PM  
shortie

Has anyone else noticed that in the past few days, posting on this thread has slowed down . . . .

but . . .

since the topic has shifted to cats, the number of views has skyrocketed?

*thinking about a new website called Video Catness*
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:01 PM  
behaha

I love the idea of "jumping the cat."
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:07 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Bwah-hah-hah! That is hysterical!

I can just imagine the dialogue:

Swedish person [in Swedish]: Hello? Hello?

Bernice: Purrrr

Swedish person [in Swedish]: What?

Bernice: Meow!

Swedish person [in Swedish]: @#*&#!!!

Bernice: Purrrr
Pretty close!
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:11 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I am not a cat person (sorry, don't ban me), but from what I know about cats in a theoretical sense, they would not approve of cat jumping if there wasn't something in it for them.

So maybe cat jumping with treats? cat jumping with toys?

Oh, and they would probably want it clarified as to who/what was doing the actual jumping. Again, pretty sure they aren't going to jump unless there is something in it for them.

(Visions of Fonzie jumping over an easy chair -- without a motorcylce because Debbie S wouldn't allow one in the house -- with a previously contented Fatso looking most perturbed at his dreams of old friends being disturbed.)

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:13 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
Has anyone else noticed that in the past few days, posting on this thread has slowed down . . . .

but . . .

since the topic has shifted to cats, the number of views has skyrocketed?

*thinking about a new website called Video Catness*
Or at the very least, maybe the instructor whose name is in the title of this thread would be willing to name one of her next workouts (if not the whole series) Cat Max. I'm sure a lot of VF cats would love to audition for it. I can picture them now in their matching outfits doing whatever they pleased no matter how many reps/sets she told them to do.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:25 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
I am not a cat person (sorry, don't ban me), but from what I know about cats in a theoretical sense, they would not approve of cat jumping if there wasn't something in it for them.

So maybe cat jumping with treats? cat jumping with toys?

Oh, and they would probably want it clarified as to who/what was doing the actual jumping. Again, pretty sure they aren't going to jump unless there is something in it for them.

(Visions of Fonzie jumping over an easy chair -- without a motorcylce because Debbie S wouldn't allow one in the house -- with a previously contented Fatso looking most perturbed at his dreams of old friends being disturbed.)
I dunno--my cat is quite willing to jump with little encouragement. Except, of course, when he's napping.
Old 06-05-10, 07:28 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Or at the very least, maybe the instructor whose name is in the title of this thread would be willing to name one of her next workouts (if not the whole series) Cat Max. I'm sure a lot of VF cats would love to audition for it. I can picture them now in their matching outfits doing whatever they pleased no matter how many reps/sets she told them to do.
I have a sudden vision of a step workout with about ten cats wandering through it and the exercisers risking their lives and limbs to avoid tripping over the cats. The cats would pretend to be completely oblivious to anyone trying to do anything during their wanderings, impromptu baths, and sudden urges to chase one another. I suppose we could say that they were showing modifications.
Old 06-05-10, 07:30 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Well, actually, if you check out the "Alta-tude' thread, you'd see that most of our VF cats are tied up with that project. And that may take a really. Long. Time
Old 06-05-10, 07:32 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Well, actually, if you check out the "Alta-tude' thread, you'd see that most of our VF cats are tied up with that project. And that may take a really. Long. Time
Yeah, Dom's under contract for that project until he starts eating senior cat food.
Old 06-05-10, 07:43 PM  
Mary09(b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
I'm not a cat person either but I had to claim to have one because my dogs or ferrets translating Fatso's typed message and banning him just wasn't funny. That'd just be bullying.
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe.com, customer service, depends, fatso's bunny answering, fun-sucking shrew, jumping the cat, pootology, shock cardio, stain removal, sts