Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls

View Poll Results: Is the relentlessness of the current Cathe thread a fair assessment?
No- Cathe has made mistakes, but overall she has done a good job. 31 25.83%
Yes- the thread likely reflects the experience of the majority of VF Cathe customers. 76 63.33%
I don’t know- it is hard to keep the thread on topic. VF desperately needs an OD forum. 13 10.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-10, 06:21 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
My original thought was over done.
Over dialogued?
Omni discussed?
Omnipotent Duchess? No, that would be Fergie.
Overload dump?

Then I decided I didn't much care. Just really wanted to say hi to Barbara (behaha). Hi. Glad to see you around.
origami diapers?
odd diatribes?
oodles of ditziness?
orderly disrespect?

I'm baffled. And I say hi to Barbara, too .
Old 06-05-10, 06:26 PM  
behaha

Hi Renda! Hi Mollie! nice to "see" both of you again too.

IIRC, in the old software, every time a thread was viewed, it got listed as a view -- even if it were the same person doing the viewing. Long threads with lots of posters had lots of views, some of the numbers were shocking. I wouldn't view this as any different. It seems, too, the criticisms have remitted. Relented. Whatever.

ETA: and now that I look, the original thread was in "general discussion." How would "open discussion" be different? Different enough to need so desperately?
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 06:40 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaha View Post
Hi Renda! Hi Mollie! nice to "see" both of you again too.

IIRC, in the old software, every time a thread was viewed, it got listed as a view -- even if it were the same person doing the viewing. Long threads with lots of posters had lots of views, some of the numbers were shocking. I wouldn't view this as any different. It seems, too, the criticisms have remitted. Relented. Whatever.

ETA: and now that I look, the original thread was in "general discussion." How would "open discussion" be different? Different enough to need so desperately?
The General Discussion Forum is for exercise, fitness, and wellness topics. Off Topic discussions are supposed to be discouraged. Since a lot of the comments are Off Topic, I threw in the option for those that might like that option based on the direction the thread has taken.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 06:54 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Jordan, once again, great job violating the board's guidelines!

Your poll has no unbiased answers and manages to take several hits at the VF posters instead of asking a real question.

If you don't work for Cathe, well, it's a little frightening and somewhat stalkerish.
That was my reaction. Jordan, the "attack" on Cathe has actually died and the thread has gone off topic. Why resurrect a topic that is sure to become heated just by virtue of how you worded your poll? It sounds like a passive aggressive counter attack against the posters in that thread.
Old 06-05-10, 07:04 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
That was my reaction. Jordan, the "attack" on Cathe has actually died and the thread has gone off topic. Why resurrect a topic that is sure to become heated just by virtue of how you worded your poll? It sounds like a passive aggressive counter attack against the posters in that thread.
I don't see any reason for this thread to get heated. Everyone is entitled to share their opinion and they should be safe to post on VF. There is no such attempt to launch a passive aggressive counter attack ! Why don't you quote the words I used to attack and let me know who exactly you think I attacked and I will do my best to clear up any misunderstandings and or apologize if I offended anyone.

jordan
Old 06-05-10, 07:06 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie F. View Post
origami diapers?
odd diatribes?
oodles of ditziness?
orderly disrespect?

I'm baffled. And I say hi to Barbara, too .
Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
My original thought was over done.
Over dialogued?
Omni discussed?
Omnipotent Duchess? No, that would be Fergie.
Overload dump?

Then I decided I didn't much care. Just really wanted to say hi to Barbara (behaha). Hi. Glad to see you around.
So far, I'm liking the idea of an oodles of ditziness forum, but these are all great guesses.
Old 06-05-10, 07:10 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
So far, I'm liking the idea of an oodles of ditziness forum, but these are all great guesses.
I like oodles of ditziness too (I might even add a few blonde highlights for the occasion ), although over-discussed might be a better fit.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:18 PM  
Charlene
VF Supporter

Orange Donkey? Optical Delusion?

"“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”

Rumi.

Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Rumi
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 07:28 PM  
jordan

I've already explained that I used the abbreviation OD for Open Discussion. In the interest of saving the time and trouble of wading through a lot of OT stuff, I respectfully ask that we try to stay On Topic.

jordan
Old 06-05-10, 07:29 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
I don't see any reason for this thread to get heated. Everyone is entitled to share their opinion and they should be safe to post on VF. There is no such attempt to launch a passive aggressive counter attack ! Why don't you quote the words I used to attack and let me know who exactly you think I attacked and I will do my best to clear up any misunderstandings and or apologize if I offended anyone.

jordan
Jordan, I don't want to attack you personally here, but you did start the thread and every single response so far has found it somewhat objectionable. Can you honestly say you didn't anticipate such reactions? The way you worded the poll options irked me enough to want to post to your poll. Shall I start another poll asking if this poll is objectionable? I'm sorry, but I stand by my original assessment. Whatever issue you had in the other thread could have been addressed in that thread, and quite frankly I thought it had. You expressed your opinions there, did you not? Why not take it one step further, and post in that thread that you think Cathe's being treated unfairly? And that VF desperately needs an OD Forum for the kind of discussion that ensued after people were done discussing Cathe? To me that would have been a direct, open, honest, no hidden agenda kind of discussion.

Jordan, I had no idea that people thought you worked for Cathe until someone implied it in the other thread. Honestly, I was shocked by that. I've always felt your posts in heated Cathe threads of the past were well thought out and carefully & diplomatically composed. I'm very surprised that you started a thread like this one. If I've misinterpreted your poll and subsequent posts, then I apologize, but I have to tell you I feel very strongly about my impressions of your poll.

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, snm