Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-20, 05:26 PM  
Helen

Tue., 5-May
10min - morning setup - guided meditation to put me in better mood for work
30min recess - dog walk, at least a mile
30min lunch break - minitramp - Virtual walk in Paris
4min afternoon sparkup - Mindy Challenge - Week 01
30min after work - Tai Cheng - Neural Reboot 1 + Phoenix Tail
60min before dark - longer dog walk
evening - NOPE - girls were supposed to leave for Sydney right when Buddy & I usually jump, so had postponed, but they got later & later, ... Buddy eventually did an outdoor Jenny Ford ON HER OWN! First time!!! I, however, didn't get back to it.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 05:43 PM  
Helen

Wed., 6-May
10min mental setup Daily Calm Meditation
45min evening YouTube - HaSFit - 45min Total Body, with Weights

My day was just totally sucked up into working - ended being a 10-hour day.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-06-20, 08:32 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Look out .....

I have an Android phone. But no time to mess with ticks. So you're all safe for now.

I can't believe I let 2 days go by and no check in. Good grief. Need to do that and possible shout outs later. I have a lot to accomplish today.

5/4/2020:
Power zone Max ride (45 minutes) with Matt. (this was the WRONG one I did a few weeks ago, so I knew I'd be fine doing it and I was!) + Denis's 45 minute endurance ride, stretches and a mile walk outside.

5/5/2020: Denis's 45 minute (older) endurance Power zone ride, Olivia's power Zone endurance (30 mins) -- so two of my three extra credit rides are done! and followed with Matty's Run/walk on the treadmill (20 mins) + cool down walk (10 mins.) so over 1.5 miles . It counts!

Hopefully swing back for shout outs.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 01:03 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I've done at least one Les Mills with the 3 scenery's you described. It was beautiful! I'll try again. My biggest issue is that I can't stream it directly from the tv like I can Leslie's site and Peloton. I have to go through my iPad and a cable. It's just a little annoying and I've been crankier than usual lately.
Kay - sorry about your rower, but nice that it's under warranty!
Waves to Pam & Cleda!

5/5 - I warmed up with a mile with Leslie, then a 30 min. Low Impact ride with Jenn Sherman and a 10 min. stretch with Selena.
5/6 - dog walk, Jessica's Tred & Shred, then 20 min. Hike with Selena. This was my first Hike with Peloton and it was tough! They love the incline!

When I came to post today, I found my post from yesterday. Apparently I forgot to hit submit.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 07:58 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Tuesday we ran to town for Rx, chicken wire & a library trip for dh. Helped build a fence around another garden plot. Walks with dogs, but no moonlight walk because of clouds. Met step goal.

Today I set a timer for ten minutes and rowed what I'm calling a mile. I'll try to build up mileage gradually. Upper body exercises, abs & stretches. Pulled out the balance ball for more abs & supermans.(supermen?) More dog walks to meet step goal. Dark & rainy so no moonlight walk tonight.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:17 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Everybody's moving & grooving!!!

I like it!!!!

I think I should set timers and do little bursts of activity throughout the day. My diet fb page mentions the NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenisis) frequently. I think Fitbit and other smart watches are on to this too and it mentions how we need to move throughout the day. So, that my workouts (albeit they are long) may not be the best ... I need to continue to move throughout the day and not just park it on the couch. (Not that I do but still. Something to think about). I am inspired by everybody here who seems to incorporate it into their days. I need to work on that.

Kay: You are inspiring me to hop on my rower also. (It's a really cheap one. and I don't like the way it feels ... I can't justify a new decent one until I know I'm going to use it.) I should try to do 10 mins. a day or maybe use it for my "bursts" and see how I do with it. Yeah. There's a thought! I always admire your rowing abilities. Maybe that will be a June goal for me.

Lili: I was terribly cranky last week. Really really really cranky. I'm ok now. And the sunshine is coming in through the window, I know spring is coming (we'll probably go right into summer) and I've got my nutrition back in line again. (it was WAY OFF for a few days. Which does NOT help). I think everything just got to me. Now I"m better.

Helen & Pam:
Waves !!!!!

On to me, me and all me. . . .

5/6/2020: Matt's 60 minute (called for) Power Zone ride -- TSS score of 80 (that means brutal ) and I survived. I've done it before, so I knew I'd be ok. Slight improvement over last time -- June of 2019 (I think!) I'm ok with slight. I don't need anything major. may even skip the FTP test this time around (again) cuz I'm ok where I'm at. Still get an awesome workout. Not sure. Added the usual stretch afterwards. Then Did Ben Aldis' 10 minute Upper Body Strength (I liked it) and Rebecca Kennedy's Lower Body (I liked it also) strength. 2.2 miles on the Elliptical so the mile is done for the day. (listening to a couple of podcasts.) Back at getting those podcasts in.

I ran to Target. I didn't want to go (I truly hate going into stores). But I needed a new card/longish table? I want to start doing my jigsaw puzzles and I ordered on line to pick up in store. I figured since I was out and exposed, might as well shop. Nothing. They had NOTHING. I still can't get over how the supply chain has been interrupted and how the shelves (even after almost 2 months) are still bare. There was some toilet paper (I don't need any - I'm super good on that) ... but no cleaners, no wipes, no meat, very little produce and it just boggles my mind.

Our governor has extended our "shelter in place" for another 30 days. I am AOK with that. Onward we march.

Only 10 more days of this Power Zone challenge left and then 2 weeks off to do "fun" rides. YAY ..... So ... what's on the docket today? Decisions, decisions. all this talk of Les mills ... Maybe have to do one of the You Tube videos of that. And maybe the rebounder. I love being able to have all these choices.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 02:19 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/7 - a dog walk and 2+ miles with Leslie & crew. I also did an hour of weeding, not exactly exercise, but fresh air and a feeling of accomplishment!

My Fitbit reminds me if I haven't gotten 250 steps in each hour. I have it set from 8am-8pm. It's a good nudge to move more.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 06:17 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

It was a beautiful day here. I started my day with a walk with the dogs. After lunch the whole family walked up & over the mountain road. Met our top of the mountain neighbor, who happens to be our fabulous church pianist. We had a nice chat at the end of her driveway.

On our way back up our local bear hunter came up the mountain on his four wheeler & he stopped to talk. We used to drive by his house before the county straightened the road. He was one of the first neighbors to stop by after we moved in. It was nice to see him again.
Steps-10,711, 80 flights of stairs, 4.05 miles
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, sorry to be MIA. I need to back away from social media a bit, some of it was really dragging me down.

May5
~Essentrics barre class on zoom
~Ellen Barrett’s streaming: Powerful Presence - lots of balance work!
~Headstand, neck & upper back stretches

May 6
~Taught Essentrics on Zoom
~Neighbourhood walk
~Headstand, reclined hip & leg stretch Jill Miller style

May 7
~Virtual flow yoga class from my favourite studio in the city - This was really a nice change, I feel a bit saturated with Essentrics these days.
~Neighbourhood walk

Looks like everyone is staying healthy & active! I’ll be more chatty in a few days when I settle myself down & refocus.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 01:19 AM  
Helen

Thursday
1:40 long dog walk
56min Christi - Solid Gold Cardio it's on YouTube! So could do it with buddy.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.