Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-20, 10:38 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Finished out the week with Sagi and Body Beast Total Body and the Lucky 7 workouts. Both short, both total body. Total Body worked thru several moves for 15 reps each. No going too heavy here!
Lucky 7 is similar but faster moving and just 7 reps each but they build. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 reps. I went as heavy as I could. Still kind of heavy lifting but definitely more metabolic with the pace and reps.

Good stuff!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Jules I know you and I will be watching the Vikings tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
TGIF!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 12:51 PM  
Jules

TGIF! I finished out the week with STS M2/W2 Back & Biceps. Feeling strong! Yesterday, I did a tough 50 minute spin from Studio Sweat.

Kate - BEAAAASSST MODE! Great job! Yes, it is casual Friday at work and I am wearing my Vikings gear. Hope we win - anything is possible, right?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 09:33 AM  
luprisi

Hello everyone!!
I meant to knew posting more regularly but things got complicated in the past few weeks. My mother in law has been sick for a while, she suffers from heart failure and needs two valves replaced. She has been scheduled for surgery today so our prayers are that everything goes well. One of my sisters in law lives nearby and is with her and the other one is flying from
California to take care of her.
Luckily I have been able to keep up with my workouts and stay focused on making wise choices when it comes to nutrition. So far I’ve done some of the Peak 10 workouts, but last night I decided to do Chiseled Upper body, I didn’t love that one to be honest. I think it was the bear crawls at the end that made me not like it as much.

Kate- I’m actually from Puerto Rico, born and raised but my parents are from the Dominican Republic. I came to the states 15 years ago to further my career. I have been living in Texas for the past 11 years. I miss the mountains and the beach but Texas has treated me well.

Jules- are you found STS as a rotation?

I hope to keep up with your pace guys but I’ll try to post once or twice a week.
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 11:58 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Priscila: You just post anytime you want to girl! Sometimes I get busy and just don't have time to check in.
Prayers for your MIL and also for your country of Puerto Rico!!
Keep up the good work. I'd much rather see you making time for workouts even if you don't have time to post. We'll be here.

Jules: Well so much for the Vikings. People around MN are blaming Offensive Coach Stefansky (sp?). He had just been offered a head coaching job and I think he was just copping out. He kept running the same plays over and over and they didn't go anywhere. Oh well.

Today was Body Beast Build Back & Bis + STS Abs Weights & Plates. Every day I feel like I'm getting better with my pullups. Still using the assist for sure, but at least I can do some.
Again had fun lifting heavy. When one of the background guys was using 20s, I was too! Surprises me. I thought these big guys would go heavier.
Sagi does. I think I was him using 60s for bicep curls!!!!!!

I only did half of STS Abs Weights & Plates - just did the half with the weights. Next time I'll pick up with the plate work.

Happy Monday.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-13-20, 12:40 PM  
Jules

Good morning! I am checking in with STS M2/W3 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. It is "Double Wave Load" week and the upper body workouts are a little longer, so I skipped abs. Yesterday, I did Rockout Knockout.

Pricila - Glad to see you checking in! I hope your Mother-in-Law's surgery goes well. It sounds like you are staying on track with your goals - great job! I started logging my food today. I do like STS - especially Meso 1 & 2. I have done it several times including once as a 5 month program. I am not sure that I will do Meso 3 this time around. I want to lean out and heavy lifting makes me super hungry!

Kate-Yes, the Vikings just looked tired and deflated yesterday, except when Diggs got that TD. It's like they were playing not to lose again, which you can't do in the playoffs. I wanted the Seahawks to win also, but darn Packers got 'em. Nice work Beasting it out!
Old 01-14-20, 12:46 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI girls,
Wasn't feeling the Beast today so I did LMOD Body Combat 68. Felt like more cardio today and of course BC's are perfect. This one had tons of kicks.

I have to go to FL next week to help my folks. So I'm putting some downloads on a jump drive and will doing mostly cardio and bodyweight workouts. I have Cathe's Travel Fit and can fit a flat band into my bag easy enough. Hopefully I'll have time.

Keep it up you girls!

Old 01-15-20, 12:16 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Helloooo.
Not feeling Beastie again today. Well kind of was, but I just got a brand new Step Boss PHA3 and it was calling to me, so I did that.

LOVE PHA3! I think I made it more challenging by going heavier than Cathe. I love that she tells what weights she's using so I can choose mine. I think she goes light but I forget that Step Boss was supposed to be more Intermediate I think.
Where Cathe used 5, 10, 12, 15s, I used 10, 15, 20s.
Lots of fun move and all on or around the step. I am looking forward to doing this again along with the Bonus abs too. I previewed and that looks fun.

Good purchase! I had a Cathe Gift Cert burning a hole in my pocket..this was a good choice!

Happy Wednesdaaaaayyyyy.

Old 01-15-20, 12:38 PM  
Jules

Howdy! I just finished up STS M2/W3 Legs + the core work from Bodymax 2. Good, solid workout with a lot of glute focus and gliding plate work. Yesterday, I did Cathe's Greatest Hits step workout. Much like Cardio Fusion, this one is challenging - it builds in intensity, and I sure was happy when it was over!

Kate-PHA 3 sounds terrific! I have not tried it yet, but I am sure I will give it a go in a couple of weeks. Of course, Cathe has another presale going already. And of course, I am sure I will cave. I usually just get the downloads tho, so it is a great deal. I hope your visit with your folks goes well and that your dad is doing ok.
Old 01-17-20, 02:46 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I really did like PHA3. It's all strength, no cardio although you move fast enough with the reps to raise HR. Especially with the leg work.
I saw the presale. I have to wait until the 1st of the month, but I think I may preorder these. I like the sound of the Advanced level and I will just put two together.

Yesterday I did an oldie, Body Attack 49. Lisa is pregnant in this one and Mark Sinclair is the only one instructing. I was amazed when I saw a VERY pregnant Lisa still doing the workout in the audience!
Fun stuff and I love Mark anyway. HIGH energy!

Today I went back to Sagi and did Body Beast Build Chest & Tris + Build Shoulders. Holy !@#!
I went as heavy as I could and my arms and shoulders are sore. Note for next time: I need to do the Shoulders workout first because after all the heavy chest work, my arms and shoulders were fried!

Hi Priscila. Hope you are well!

Off to FL on Sunday. Got some workouts planned. We're literally having a blizzard here now but only supposed to last the day. I leave Sun afternoon. Should be ok by then. Egad!

Have a great weekend all!

Old 01-19-20, 04:42 PM  
Jules

Kate-I sure hope the storm cleared up for you today.

I am watching the NFL playoffs and doing laundry. Thursday was an intense hour of Studio Sweat spinning with Brian. On Friday I did STS M2/W3 Back & Biceps. Yesterday was BodyCombat 66. Tomorrow we are taking the day off from school to go downhill skiing.

Go Chiefs and 49ers!