Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-15, 01:23 PM  
daisyfit

Thoughts on Cize?

I'm just wondering does anyone have these workouts and are they worth buying?
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 02:16 PM  
cpcathy

I hear good stuff and they certainly look fun, it depends on how much you like dancing for your workout, and how much you like TIFTTing (I don't). It seems the songs are popular songs redone by other artists, I don't know if I would enjoy the repetition of something I hear on the radio constantly.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 07:01 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

My 10 year old daughter and I did the first 2 sessions over the weekend: Crazy 8's and You Got This. We both enjoyed them quite a bit. It's TIFT the whole way through but there would be no other way for me personally to learn these steps. The popular song is only played at the end of the workout when you 'Cize it Up'. The Crazy 8's song is Hands in the Air and the You Got This song is Treasure. That part is fun because the moves go with the song.

Both of our hamstrings were quite sore for the last two days but then again we're not in the greatest shape. We both want to do the You Got This workout again because we didn't totally get it. My daughter doesn't want to do Crazy 8's again because she felt like she mastered it, but I want to do it again because I thought it was fun and I liked the music during the rehearsal and during the 'Cize it Up' part.

Cize is a good cardio workout for me because I really got lost in learning the steps and I put effort in the whole way through. And Shaun T is adorable. I hope I still like it as I try the rest of the workouts.
SFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 08:27 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Thanks for the review! I'm waiting impatiently for mine to be delivered...I can't wait to try these
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 08:50 PM  
Nancy511

I've taken two live classes....a whole lot of take it from the top...feels like Zumba revisited....it's ok but not something I'll continue.
Nancy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 02:05 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy511 View Post
I've taken two live classes....a whole lot of take it from the top...feels like Zumba revisited....it's ok but not something I'll continue.
Just found out by actually shifting my goals, in the past two weeks ... I don't like heaviest TIFT-ing quite as much as I thought.

Some is okay (I like the patternings and the fact that the TIFTed moves are usually traveling moves - unlike much of Zumba), but it gets too much about drills ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 11:47 AM  
DeepSeaSue

I did the Crazy 8s workout this morning and it. I usually hate TIFTing with a passion but because I loved the moves, the music and Shaun T, I didn't mind it here.

What isn't made clear on the BB site (or at least wasn't clear to me) is that Cize is progressive. There's three DVDs with two workouts each. The first DVD is Level 1, the second is Level 2 and the third is Level 3. So there's room "to grow" with this set.

I had lots of fun and I'm looking forward to doing Crazy 8s again and trying the other workouts. But Cize won't appeal to people who like complicated choreography and/or have no trouble picking it up. But it's perfect for me and my two left feet
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 04:17 PM  
alisoncooks

These sound good!
Are the add-on (Weight Loss set?) DVDs worth the extra $30?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 05:18 PM  
amery

Is there "sexy" talk or anything along that line? I wonder if it could be appropriate for my fourth and fifth grade students? Are the moves/outfits really sexy or provocative? TIA?
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 06:27 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
Is there "sexy" talk or anything along that line? I wonder if it could be appropriate for my fourth and fifth grade students? Are the moves/outfits really sexy or provocative? TIA?
(Listening in because I was hoping to do this with 9 yr old DD....)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cize, shaun t