Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-14, 11:00 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
Disco Dojo is probably a little less intense than what you wanted, but I like it too. He's so silly; it's hard not to love it a little.
Sarah - I don't know. When I recommended it after it was released, someone disagreed and basically said that there was no way anyone could ever like that workout. But, it really can be fun!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 11:04 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Sarah - I don't know. When I recommended it after it was released, someone disagreed and basically said that there was no way anyone could ever like that workout. But, it really can be fun!
"Anyone ever?" You and I will stand in solidarity then.

ETA: I'm going to do it today. So there, nameless internet person!
Old 02-07-14, 11:47 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Do they still sell Yoga Booty Ballet? Or is it more something you find on trade, amazon, and ebay?
I believe Mary still sells the sets on her beachbody site, so am assuming some other BB coaches do also. I admit the one's I have were all acquired through SASE (I first discovered them through a generous SASE on this site), Trade or used on Amazon or from a local used Bookstore. I like the mix of yoga and dance in these, but thought they are goofy. My guess is it is easy to find them used because the instructors style may be a little to out there for some people. As a West Coast native, I actually just seem to tune out the talk if it gets too much for me. But I do enjoy the feel good, positive vibes. I don't think I've paid more than $4 for a YBB dvd though. I agree they are nice for low energy days.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 11:50 AM  
slysam

Also, what about Richard Simmons? I don't have any of his, but am considering getting one or two of his dance workouts. Back in the day, in my high school aerobics PE class we sometimes did one of the "Sweatin to the Oldies" workouts. At the time I felt it was too easy and wasn't motivated by it. But now I think there are days when Richard's enthusiasm and some fun music is just the ticket.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 12:04 PM  
cherimac

My favorite workouts like this are:
Powerfit and Powerfit Harmony
Leisa Hart's Prenatal and Postnatal workouts. They have surprisingly fun cardio sections, then some good yoga and pilates. I use them when run down, recovering from injury/illness, etc.
Old 02-07-14, 12:07 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
Also, what about Richard Simmons? I don't have any of his, but am considering getting one or two of his dance workouts. Back in the day, in my high school aerobics PE class we sometimes did one of the "Sweatin to the Oldies" workouts. At the time I felt it was too easy and wasn't motivated by it. But now I think there are days when Richard's enthusiasm and some fun music is just the ticket.
I got a couple of these (at Mary's sales) to use on my rebounder. When I'm in the right mood for them, they're fun!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 12:11 PM  
buttons11

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
"Anyone ever?" You and I will stand in solidarity then.

ETA: I'm going to do it today. So there, nameless internet person!
well I'm an 'anyone' and I enjoy Disco Dojo too! It always puts a goofy grin on my face. I've always wanted a disco ball for my workout room...it's gonna happen.
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 12:29 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
well I'm an 'anyone' and I enjoy Disco Dojo too! It always puts a goofy grin on my face. I've always wanted a disco ball for my workout room...it's gonna happen.
Good to know at least two others like it because I bought it for two relatives who wanted something "Leslie but not Leslie."
Old 02-07-14, 01:24 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Right now I'm doing Kathy Smith's Pilates for Abs and Pilates for the Lower Body along with Method Precision Sculpting because I need to restart with something easy. Next week I plan to add in some Leslie.
Old 02-07-14, 03:15 PM  
ellaenchanted

I just did this and it was hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEE-dCoQgc
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy workouts, low intensity, no dread factor