Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-05, 03:50 PM  
new2me

Hi Jess, welcome!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 04:31 PM  
cozzanna

Hi! I'm 18 and I just moved from NH to florida. I am taking a semester off from school and during this time I hope to get back in shape. I will be getting a full-time job, however, so I will still want to do quicker workouts.
I used to do videos every day, but I stopped and have had trouble getting back into it. My absolute favorite is the lotte berk method, even though I only have one dvd. i just ordered the next one because the first one is now starting to get easy for me!!!! I also ordered a kathy smith dvd because I am looking for more purely cardio-based videos. I hate running, and we have a stationary bike but it's really cheap and i'm always afraid it will break. Of course, those are both more boring ways to exercise. I'm addicted to purchasing dvds, so hopefully I'll become addicted to actually doing them.
cozzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 05:21 PM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzanna
...so hopefully I'll become addicted to actually doing them.
Hi cozzanna!!!! Welcome. I had to smile at your comment about additcted to doing them. I definitely understand, lol. I went through quite the buying frenzy when I first started exercising. I did fortunately become addicted to doing them and I'm sure you will too!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-05, 01:00 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessc
I just recently got into working out at home after making way too many excuses not to go to the gym, so far I love it and this site is the best for reccomendations! My favorite workouts so far are Cathe and Christi!

LOL, I empathize with you! Hi and welcome, Jessc! I started my fitness regimen with a gym membership (which I still have and use). Then I bought fitness DVDs and exercise equipment to use at home. I have no excuses for not working out . Some of my favorite workouts are Cathe's, too!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-05, 01:01 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Welcome, Cozzanna!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-05, 07:58 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome, Cozzanna. You should find information on more DVDs here than you could possibly do! You might want to check on the section with Check Ins. They are groups where people regularly check in with each other. If you find a group you like, you can join (just by jumping in and posting). It might give you some incentive to do the DVDs.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 12:48 PM  
mschris

Delurking myself

Hello all.
I am a longtime lurker who rarely posts. I started exercising to videos with a $50 copy (!) of Firm Volume 1 that I bought from an ad in Self magazine about 15 years ago. I have been using videos ever since, but my selection skyrocketed once I found this site -thanks everyone! I enjoy a variety of workouts, but this month I am trying to follow along with the Every Day in January goal, using mostly:
- Firms. My favs are TT, Super Sculpting, and Maximum Body Shaping
- CardioCoach - this has made jogging on a treadmill bearable, even fun, for me, which I never thought possible :-)
- Yoga, mostly Lauren Petersen's CD and Sihva Rea's yoga sanctuary, which I have on my MP3 player, another purchase enabled by the discussions on this site and which I can't imagine living without now that I have one...

I now live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with my husband and daughter (pre-teen) and our newly adopted middle-aged dog. I generally work long hours, and being able to exercise at home really keeps me sane. I also go to the gym to run on the treadmill or take Turbo Jam classes (although I have not caved on buying these yet, as dealing with BeachBody always aggravates me). Currently I am waiting for Jari Love's DVD, and am shopping around for a Transfirmer set.

Thanks to everyone here for all you have shared over the years. I have been introduced to so many workouts I never would have found otherwise. These have made an enormous difference in the quality of my life!

-chris
mschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 01:52 PM  
antbuko

Hi Chris, glad you decided to de-lurk. I'd say welcome, but it likes you've been around here longer than I have.
Old 01-06-06, 03:10 PM  
ssgilby

Woo Hoo!

I just recently discovered this list, and I am sooooooooo excited! I've been looking like something for this for a long time!

I'm 38, live in central Minnesota, have four kids (ages 19, 16, 6 and 3), am happily married, work 4 days a week as a paralegal/loan closer and am also a Stampin' Up! demonstrator (the job I LOVE). I've been exercising for 16 years, but in the past couple of months I "kicked it up a notch" because I want to be BUFF, BUFF, BUFF before hitting the big 4-0 in 2007. I'm tall and naturally slender (and yes, I am grateful!), but am carrying some cellulite and a little flab here and there that I want to banish in addition to toning up. My main goals are a flat stomach (which I lost after giving birth to my last child 3 years ago by c-section) and a killer butt - to make my hubby happy!

I have a zillion videos, but have purchased and/or borrowed almost 20 in the past couple of months. I just discovered the Firm and Janis Saffell stuff. They're my new favorites. Am also going to be trying The Bar Method and Lotte Berk to see how I like those. Next on my list is to try stability ball workouts.

Looking forward to making some new friends here!!

Shelley Gilbertson
Melrose, MN
ssgilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 03:17 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Welcome to VF Shelley! Make sure you check the reviews http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/ and the Exchange http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1. Both are great ways to help you build your collection.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread