Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-27-20, 07:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

May 27
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Barlates Bounce Sculpt - Linda sure has amazing balance and cardio conditioning! This was a 30 min fast paced circuit style workout on the rebounder, she talked effortlessly through the whole thing. And she did a lot of single leg kicks and moves without a barre to balance, she’s amazing! We stepped off the rebounder for upper body toning. I modified a few higher impact moves and was very glad to have the b bounder barre for balance!
~neighbourhood walk
~ePilates: Yoga Hip Releasing - this was lovely, started with some meditative breath work
~neck & back stretches & acupressure with my various devices & props

Helen - I suck at rotations too, rarely finish them as listed. Those are tough workouts, especially that Cathe High Step, your improvement is impressive! Way to go!

Cleda - I hope work continues to go smoothly for you! Yes, I have a tough time passing up a fitness bargain. I think the b bounder will have its place for rebounder workouts as the barre brings versatility and makes it easier to bounce at a faster pace.

Lili - It’s nice to be outdoors where you don’t have to worry about crowds!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 05:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Trying to keep up

Helen: I downloaded #82 when it was posted. And I burned it to a dvd. Not chaptered. And I am using Freemake, that is no longer free, so there is a watermark across the center of it. Doesn't really bother me, since I mostly go for the voice cues anyway! I really like #82 and was just wondering what you thought of it. I think our fitness levels are different (as in focus) ... I think it's just right and I drip with sweat! Is there a program you use to burn dvds? I can't have too complicated - I was thrilled I figured out Freemake - that you would recommend? I don't 'mind paying for a program. I just want to be sure I'm going to use it. I'm notorious for One and done.

Pam: VF got me again and I went to amazon and ordered some new loops and new bands. (My bands - which must be latex free - are getting a little questionable, so I thought new ones would be nice). I can't wait till Sunday when they arrive! I got the cloth loop bands as the other ones roll, pinch and are miserable. I hope these fit (I'm probably a lot larger than most) and I know they will work well.

Waves to Lili & Kay and anyone reading!

On to me, me and all me. . .
Keeping up the workouts. Need to do that. It helps on so many levels!

5/27/2020: Sundays With Love (Ally Love) 30 mins. ride and the virtue was determination. I liked this ride ... have it marked to do again. Followed by Adrian's Upper Body 10 minute workout (new guy. like him too. He's having a bootcamp encore tonight - so when it hits the class schedule I'll try that one.)

Off to do something before work. I will be going easy the next couple of days - Pelofondo on Saturday. Nuun tablets have arrived, I can will have electrolytes throughout the ride. Plan, plan, plan. Today and tomorrow will be pushing the water to stay totally hydrated. Must.remember.to.drink.water.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 06:41 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
Sorry, but to make DVDs, here's what I do after I get it downloaded:
1) load the MP4 into Sony DVD Architect Studio (for windows) & play in there to make title, chapters, & playlists (premixes)
2) "make" from there to get VIDEO_TS folder with .BUP, .IFO., .VOB files
3) load that folder into Mac Toast which converts to DVD whole disc file (.iso).
4) use the imac disc utility to burn that to the actual disc

Thursday, 28th May
53min, Cathe - CTX - All Step, incl shoulders & abs
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 03:23 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Posting now while I wait for my bread to finish, then I'll add my workout later.

Pam - a good deal is a good deal and new toys are always fun! I love doing walking workouts on the rebounder, but it's never big enough. I have a JumpSport, not sure of the size.
Cleda - sounds like you will be easing back in with patients at work, so that's probably good.
Helen - your techie skills are amazing! And so is your step height! I've never done 10" and I'm taller than you!
Kay - you must be out there hiking.

5/27 - Hubby's back has been hurting for several days, getting increasingly worse. I finally convinced him to call the Dr., got an appt for the afternoon and I took him there. Dr. thought it was kidney stones, sent him for CT scan and a few other tests. The problem is that the usual lab is closed and they couldn't get him in anywhere else, so I had to take him to the ER for the tests. I didn't go in with him due to current conditions, but stayed in the parking lot. He was texting me the whole time, keeping me updated. After 3 hours, he was told not kidney stones, no broken ribs, it could be bruised ribs or a badly pulled muscle. By the time we got home, I just wanted to eat and relax.

5/28 - so far, a dog walk, plus Cathe's Stacked Sets Lower.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited by LiliMagill; 05-28-20 at 04:47 PM. Reason: adding workout
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 04:28 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/29 - low energy, so I went with Leslie, a 53 min. workout that was 2 miles of walking and 20 min. of floor core work. It was harder than I would have expected! There was also a dog walk.
5/30 - 30 min. Coldplay ride (thank you Cleda). I enjoyed this one! The playlist was great. I don't think I've tried this instructor before and I liked her.
I planned another 30 min. workout, but stopped to make meatloaf and lost my mojo. There may be a dog walk later.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 07:08 PM  
Helen

Friday, 29th May - TERD - my usual evening of sloth
Saturday, 30th May
55min, Les Mills - Body Combat - Invincible 80
repeat of the one with the lovely scenery of New Zealand's south island.
Sunday, 31st May
30min, Mark - Tai Cheng - Neural Reboot 1 + Standing Stances + Lift & Lower
2 hrs, dog walk
8 min, Zuzka - 2008, May
Ancient early stuff (Susana Spears) finally working through her things, even BEFORE BodyRock.Tv!!

June Thread made.
Started with cat/dog - found a one-eyed cat (thinking of Cleda) on the beach, & a poodle in the rain as most pics with "winter" involve snow, and that's not happening here!
Then went to hot & sweaty outside versus running in the rain... nah, who does that, really?
BUT ended going with the "no excuses" notion - it's EVERY day, or it's NOT.

See you there!!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 03:08 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Missing in the mist again .....sorry!

I've just been walking with the dogs to make my step count.

Tuesday we did our oldies Walmart shopping. Came home & rowed a mile & followed that with deadlifts & upper body weights & a few kettlebell swings.

Wednesday we met our friends, Terry & Renee, at Big Creek campground/picnic area & had a lovely bring your own food picnic followed by several euchre games.

Saturday we met them again at 7 am to go hiking. Terry brought his fly fishing gear so we dropped him off on our way up the trail after agreeing to meet up at the bridge later. Art, Renee & I continued on up the trail to the second hitching post. We haven't seen that area since we were training for the Camino. We met up with Terry at the bridge, had a snack & soaked our feet before heading back to the picnic area. There we ate a late lunch, had frozen cheesecake for dessert. Yet another round of euchre before heading home to walk the dogs.
My Fitbit said 8.5 miles, 100 flights of stairs & I forget how many steps.

Today is a recovery rest day. At some point something stung/bit me on the palm of my hand that I didn't even notice until I saw the hole. This morning it was itching horribly so I took half a children's benadryl & lost the morning.

Big waves to all!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 05:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Finish off May and then on to June

I like to keep things where they are supposed to be, so I'm finishing off my May ....

Helen: My head is spinning. I don't use apple. My pc is windows. 'nuff said, but thanks anyway. I muddle through. And did get my dvd burned. So life is good.

Waves to all. Just want to finish this off.

5/28/2020:
Meditation (in preparation for the Pelofondo, don't want to overtrain/work the legs, etc.)

5/29/2020: CDE Asian History Month 20 minute ride, Emma's 20 minute AHM ride and then her AHM cooldown ride (my new favorite!!!)

5/30/2020: Pelofondo (102.37 miles on the Peloton). I did assorted classes: Christine's 90 minute HRZ ride, 60 mins. Power Zone Ride with Matt, followed by a 45 mins. ride with Matt, followed by a 45 minute with Denis, followed by a 30 minute ride with Matt. I threw in a 5 minute bike stretch cuz quads were getting tight, followed by a 30 minute live DJ ride with Matt, followed by a 30 minute Asian History Month with Matt. Follwed by a 5 minute post ride stretch,and then a 10 minute full body stretch with Selena and then a 10 minute full body stretch with Christine. I was done by 1:00 p.m. and had the rest of the day for me.

The pelofondo was great. We were testing the bot out for the Pelofondo website, so it was a BETA Pelofondo. We had a chat group going on Facebook messenger the entire ride. Tons of high 5s. There was a group of 25-35 of us riding. I do think everyone had a great time!!!

I was super pleased with my final stats:
  • Miles: 102.37
  • Ride Time: 5.30 hours
  • Speed: 18.61 mph

5/31/2020: Sundays With Love (45 minute ride with Ally Love) . Met Nancy on the bike for our usual Sunday ride. Virtue: Liberality. Done and dusted. and Emma's 10 minute cool down AHM Classical cooldown.

So in recap? I did every day in May.
And I'm moving on to June.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
31/31 for May
152/366 for the year
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote