Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-15, 07:03 PM  
anitasmith

Which rotation should I do next?

Hi,

I'm restarting my fitness journey after a brief break to deal with some personal stuff, and I'm trying to ease myself back into it. I recently finished a Jessica Smith rotation using some of her walking dvds and I enjoyed it very much. I also did Firm Express and really liked it too. Then I was ready for a challenge so I'm in the middle of a P90 rotation, which I still find a little hard but doable, especially if I modify. I have several systems and I'm having trouble trying to decide which one I should do next. I would like to do one that would be a good progression from what I am doing now and not something that I would find too hard. I'm not afraid of a challenge but I don't want to burn myself out or hurt myself trying to do too much too fast. Can you please help me put these in order of intensity/level? I currently have

21 Day Fix
21 Day Fix Extreme
JM Body Revolution
JM BodyShred

I really like both Jillian and Autumn, so that wouldn't be an issue for me. I also have Slim in 6 and Chris Freytag 10lbs Slimdown but i did a rotation using those last year so I would like to do something else. If you have any other system ideas those are welcome too! I'll appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks in advance! :-)

Anita

Last edited by anitasmith; 04-02-15 at 07:05 PM. Reason: adding info
anitasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 07:31 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

My vote would go to 21 Day Fix first, then Body Revolution.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-15, 05:17 AM  
anitasmith

Thank you so much for your suggestion! :-)
anitasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-15, 11:39 AM  
lurkerfriend

Bumping

Any other thoughts on this? I'm planning to start a new rotation soon, and i've been debating between some of these systems too. Any ideas might really help me out. Thanks!
lurkerfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 07:22 PM  
lurkerfriend

Anyone? I'm basically trying to decide between Body Revolution and 21 Day Fix. Which one is easier and which one would help me get in shape, get some definition and loose a lot of weight.

Last edited by lurkerfriend; 08-24-15 at 07:27 PM. Reason: More information
Old 08-25-15, 09:15 AM  
Sophb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerfriend View Post
Anyone? I'm basically trying to decide between Body Revolution and 21 Day Fix. Which one is easier and which one would help me get in shape, get some definition and loose a lot of weight.
I don't have any evidence to go either way but thought I'd send a thought your way.

Why not do 21 Day Fix first so you get a good eating plan going and get back into working out so you have a shorter term goal that will keep you on track. Then once you finish that you can decide to do another round or continue on with Body Revolution. You can also mix it up by physically doing BR but following the eating plan to 21DF - another thought if you have both sets.

I have both but haven't done neither so can't tell you advantedges and disadvatedges. I do believe you can't go wrong with either set as they are both very good. Good luck!!
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 08:54 PM  
lurkerfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophb21 View Post
I don't have any evidence to go either way but thought I'd send a thought your way.

Why not do 21 Day Fix first so you get a good eating plan going and get back into working out so you have a shorter term goal that will keep you on track. Then once you finish that you can decide to do another round or continue on with Body Revolution. You can also mix it up by physically doing BR but following the eating plan to 21DF - another thought if you have both sets.

I have both but haven't done neither so can't tell you advantedges and disadvatedges. I do believe you can't go wrong with either set as they are both very good. Good luck!!

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a really good idea. My problem mostly is keeping the motivation up long enough for me to finish the rotation. I may love a program or an instructor but if it gets too repetitive, i'll get bored and probably switch to something else. But i can finish a 21 day rotation. I think I'll try that.
:-)
Old 08-25-15, 11:45 PM  
ADoll

I think you should start with 21 day Fix then follow it up with JM Body Revolution, 21 day Fix Extreme, and then JM BodyShred.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 02:50 AM  
Sophb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerfriend View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a really good idea. My problem mostly is keeping the motivation up long enough for me to finish the rotation. I may love a program or an instructor but if it gets too repetitive, i'll get bored and probably switch to something else. But i can finish a 21 day rotation. I think I'll try that.
:-)
since you mention you tend to stop if it gets too repetitive I read online about someone who was reviewing BR that she was going to fast track it for the sake of the review. I could be wrong but I believe the BR rotation is something like the same works outs for 2 weeks then move on to the next set of workouts that also repeat themselves for 2 weeks? What the person was going to do was half it, so do workouts 1-2 plus the cardio for week 1 and instead of repeating the same sets for week 2 she'd move on to workouts 3-4 plus cardio and for week 3 she'd do workouts 5-6 plus cardio and continue the pattern. So instead of 90 days it was 45 days.

You probably won't get the top of the top results doing it this way and some people might think it's a waste of a program not to do it as outlined but it might be a way to finish a rotation to get your fitness mojo back ☺️ Then you can try more for less time! I'm going to try this once I'm back to working out. This might be old news to some but it was new to me!

Enjoy your workouts!
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 06:22 AM  
lurkerfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
I think you should start with 21 day Fix then follow it up with JM Body Revolution, 21 day Fix Extreme, and then JM BodyShred.
Thanks ADoll, I think that this is exactly what I'm going to do.