Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-11, 10:12 AM  
CORALPRINCESS

Hello

Another Newb checking in, I'm Carla from England, & I'm 29 and a Mum of a 3.5 year old and I work part time.

I've always used VF for reviews, I love the fact that people break down all the moves, I like to know what's coming next, and just recently decided to join in the forum & chat to like minded video enthusiasts!

I'm addicted to Jillian Michales dvd's. The 30DS gave me definition in my arms, shoulders & legs in such a little space of time I'm totally devoted to her methods! I love that she works multiple parts of the body to save time & get your heartrate up. I'd rather work twice as hard for half the time (As long as it's not Plyo!)

My aim is to drop 20 pounds (already dropped 21 so far, halfway there!) And I want good cuts on my biceps & shoulders, and to lose the Mummy tummy (How hard is that?!?! It's going nowhere! Everywhere else shrinks but this stays the same)

I've got a Bodybugg which I find invaluable in monitoring my calorie burn & what dvd burns what, I worked out that doing Jillians BFBM (Which I hated, Plyo!!) was burning the same as an hour on the Wii doing Just Dance so I just do what I enjoy til I hit my burn

I love cycling, I walk my son to nursery most days but when he doesn't have to go I cycle in to work, I wish I could do it more often! I also love dance & boxing/kickboxing. I hate Plyo (Did you guess that?!)

As for DVD's I have 30DS, BFFM NMTZ & Ripped in 30 from Jillian
P90X which I have dabbled with but never actually done the rotation (maybe after I finish Ripped in 30, I'm on day 2 week 2 today)
Turbo Jam (Really didn't like this, First time hurt my back, 2nd time hurt my shoulder. I think it's too fast for me to concentrate on my form)
Zumba (Coming in the post)
Wii Just Dance, JD2, Michael Jackson experience (LOVE!!) Wii Cheer, Biggest Loser, Gold's Cardio.
Some Davina McCall workouts & a few Firm's & 10ms (the 2 ab ones) plus Rodney Yee AM yoga (Love!) and a Gaiam Pilates one.

I'm lusting after Tracy Anderson's Meta & Supreme 90 (No UK shipping on this one and it's not on ebay )

Also, I'm looking for straight cardio dvd's in kickboxing/boxing (Couldn't get on with Tae Bo for the same reason as TJ, hurt my back) Cathe sounds interesting, everyone seems to rave about her! If antone has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Sorry for the long post!!
CORALPRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread