Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-06-19, 03:24 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I have a summer white watch and a winter black. Both are large and dressy otherwise it’s my phone. There is time showing everywhere in the house.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 03:38 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
Yes, I still wear a watch every day. It's a habit, but this particular watch also has sentimental value and it's like a piece of jewelry to me. I often take off my engagement and wedding ring set while doing chores, etc. but I always wear the watch.
That watch sounds very special. Glad you have it with you always.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 04:10 AM  
SEV

Smile

Yes, everyday. Even when not at work I need to keep track of the time for so many things. Of course in the house I have clocks. When I'm out and about I'd much rather glance at my wrist than dig my phone out. I'm all about efficiency
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 09:50 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

My employer deposits money into my HSA each month based upon how many activity minutes I have on my Versa, so yes, I wear a watch every day.
Old 10-07-19, 09:58 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
My employer deposits money into my HSA each month based upon how many activity minutes I have on my Versa, so yes, I wear a watch every day.
I never did get that part to work on my versa. I didn't understand it.

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-07-19, 10:30 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I love watches and have several, but I don't wear one every day now that I work from home. However, I like to have them for trade shows and media events where I have to keep track of appointments throughout the day because a quick glance at my wrist is less obtrusive than pulling out my phone. I also keep an old travel alarm clock next to my bed so I don't take my phone in the bedroom at night.

I am noticing more people seem to be wearing regular watches again, not just Apple watches or fitness trackers.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 10-07-19 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo
Rivercat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 10:58 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I love watches also. My first watch was a timex and I'm still true to them. I can see why the women who are wearing them still do. having been without one for awhile or forgetting the versa, makes me wonder how much I need it. I just don't want to buy after buy after buy.

they need to come out with a time piece for woman like they did when the men had pocket watches, they get to pass them down. what do we get?

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-08-19, 10:28 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
they need to come out with a time piece for woman like they did when the men had pocket watches, they get to pass them down. what do we get?
I have a couple of my grandmother's stretchy band windup watches, as well as one that belonged to the mother of a very close friend because the bracelet is too small for her wrist. I really like not having to worry about a battery running down, and several people have commented on how pretty they are.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 10:40 AM  
sherry7899

I used to not wear a watch when I was at home, but I bought a Polar A370, so I keep that on all the time. The drawback to using a tracker is that I'm no longer wearing any of my other watches! I have a nice collection of them. I love bracelet watches, and watches with Snoopy/Peanuts characters, or cats. I treasure the Snoopy watch a lovely VF member gave me for the holiday gift exchange years ago (glamgal Jennifer!)

I am one of those people who ALWAYS has to know what time it is, I would hate to have to pull out my phone to check.

I don't buy expensive watches because I tend to bang them against things by accident all the time....The Polar A370 I purchased using a $100 Amazon gift card rebate from my contact lens rebate plus Amazon Visa reward points, so I only spent about $12.00 on it!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 10:43 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I lke that Shery. and here I am again, perusing amazon for the right watch. I still like them. analog, digital, roman numerals, second hands.. oh my

~~~Cheryl

Tags
fitbit, watches