Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
But...but..
Pun intended?
Old 09-17-19, 09:50 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
LOL..... And personally, I think society would have been just fine without it.
Definitely. It seems so ridiculous. And to be honest, it kind of makes me want to shelve my Tonique workouts. How appropriate that she wants her "butt to fit her face" as her head seems to already be up there
Old 09-17-19, 10:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
How appropriate that she wants her "butt to fit her face"
OMG what an expression.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 11:30 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
LOL, agreed. Falls under the "whatevah" category for me.
Though it feels like yet another thing designed to make women feel insecure and overly body-conscious. Pleeez...
I swear, women are the only people who get marketed products to make life MORE complicated instead of less. I saw an ad for a multi-step lip "system" where they said something like, you spend all this time on your face, you should also spend time on your lips. Meanwhile men use one big bottle of stuff as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, butt wash, shaving cream, etc....

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 12:00 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I swear, women are the only people who get marketed products to make life MORE complicated instead of less. I saw an ad for a multi-step lip "system" where they said something like, you spend all this time on your face, you should also spend time on your lips. Meanwhile men use one big bottle of stuff as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, butt wash, shaving cream, etc....
The care free 10 year old girl in me cringes at the thought of a "system". I am so unapologetically comfortable with myself most days that I just want to feel the good things in life and not be bothered with the trite stuff. My dog and I took a walk in the forest today and we both soaked up the autumn weather. Neither one of us cared about our hair (hers looked better Lol). So much of what is marketed to women fuels neurotic self-absorption. Life has so much real beauty that it's a shame to waste a minute of it worrying about your butt skin or lip plump.
Old 09-18-19, 01:01 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
While I agree with you that men have far fewer products like this marketed at them, manscaping is real. And beard care (now that beards have been back in fashion for awhile) is another mainstream thing. I've never seen so much beard care stuff around like it is now--washes, balms, oils. It's crazy. Still not nearly as much shelf space as is devoted to women's health & beauty products and devices.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 03:05 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
The care free 10 year old girl in me cringes at the thought of a "system". I am so unapologetically comfortable with myself most days that I just want to feel the good things in life and not be bothered with the trite stuff. My dog and I took a walk in the forest today and we both soaked up the autumn weather. Neither one of us cared about our hair (hers looked better Lol). So much of what is marketed to women fuels neurotic self-absorption. Life has so much real beauty that it's a shame to waste a minute of it worrying about your butt skin or lip plump.
Yep! I could have written that, word for word, except that I would either enjoy the beauty on my own or with a friend.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 03:12 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
she wants her "butt to fit her face"
I guess buttface will be a compliment now.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 05:43 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Okay I checked out the "Bawdy" line. Biggest load of marketing BS I've seen lately

Bite It is "hydrating and toning" (uh huh)
Shake It is "firming and illuminating"
Slap It is - get this - "retexturizing and detoxifying" (um it's a butt)
and Squeeze It is, of course, "brightening and rejuvenating" (brightening and illuminating may sound similar but are apparently different tushie goals)

Because women will apparently believe anything. <insert eyeroll emoji>
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 09:41 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
and Squeeze It is, of course, "brightening and rejuvenating" (brightening and illuminating may sound similar but are apparently different tushie goals
Man, I always dreamed of having an illuminated tush but didn’t know it was possible. I am sold.

Could be a real safety feature, too, for walking in the dark.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bawdy beauty, beauty, butt care, sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique