Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-19, 07:43 AM  
MARIKA

Femme Fatale

I did Premier last week for the first time in years,was sore for days was tough but I managed. I just ordered this and did the first workout this morning. OMG, she is brutal. I can imagine if you do these workouts weekly you would get some serious results. I was under the impression it was around 40 min WRONG. I had to stop due to work but left it playing while I got ready and she was still going
Old 09-12-19, 11:14 AM  
bubbles76

I'm impressed with all you ladies jumping into the Tonique deep end . I just started a CLX rotation, so I won't be getting to my Tonique workouts for some time. However, when I do, I'm taking baaaaby steps! Tonique Premier first, for at least two weeks, and then maybe Tonique 2. I may throw in Sculpt Dynamics because I love the music. You ladies are beasts!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 12:35 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Marika, did Femme Fatale seem a lot more difficult than Premier? I have not tried it yet, am deciding whether to do FF or Sculpt Dynamics tomorrow. Tonique are the toughest workouts I’ve done; I am loving them, but of course cannot keep up with Sylwia. She’s a great inspiration though!

Bubbles, good luck with your CLX rotation! I enjoyed that rotation when I did it.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 12:55 PM  
MARIKA

Donatella, IT WAS tough! The reps seemed endless. I'm curious to do the whole entire first workout. Think she does 50 reps per exercise and stays on 1 leg for even longer than I remember. I know she"s brutal but this was a whole new level.
Old 09-12-19, 05:02 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
..... I know she"s brutal but this was a whole new level.
Hence the "Fatale" lol
Old 09-12-19, 05:17 PM  
prettyinpink

The Tonique DVDs are about the hardest workouts I’ve ever done. It is mental for me, the repetition and having to think about form for so so many reps and wondering when she will ever move on and then when it will all be over..

I think they are as good for mental endurance as physical. I almost always broke up the longer ones. There are some old threads about the best places to do that.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 07:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I seem to recall she does about 30 reps of things in some video, right? I used to do 15 on one side, switch to the other side to finish up, allowing me to "get through" the workout physically but also in half the time. It's a way to build up if you know how many reps she's going to do.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 08:17 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I did Premier last week for the first time in years,was sore for days was tough but I managed. I just ordered this and did the first workout this morning. OMG, she is brutal. I can imagine if you do these workouts weekly you would get some serious results. I was under the impression it was around 40 min WRONG. I had to stop due to work but left it playing while I got ready and she was still going
Maria,

I admire you for getting through that workout!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 06:16 AM  
MARIKA

Thanks Regina. Funny to how confused I can get and forget which leg to work She does so many different types of combo moves.
Old 09-13-19, 01:29 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

You inspired me to tackle Femme Fatale this morning, yes, it is tough! I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I also have to really focus to make sure I'm switching legs and not working the same side all the time, etc. It's understandable why so many people say that Sylwia is a "machine" - she is incredible.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
femme fatale, tonique