Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-19, 08:07 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Thank you Sugar and Venus for the Josee Lavigueur DVD info.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 08:12 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I thought Linda's coffee talk was really interesting, how Tonique leaned her out, and that for her Tonique is taking it down a notch from what she was doing before. That made me laugh because Tonique is definitely towards the top of my toughest workouts, along with Dream Body, HoCo, etc. Linda's workout routine would not be moderate intensity for me, LOL I love that she does home workouts and follow her on Instagram for her thoughts/insight.
Me too! I thought "what in the world is she doing that Tonique is taking it down a notch???" I think she said she had been using heavier weights, often adding ankle weights and resistance bands, etc. to make things tough as possible. I love that she puts her spin on Tonique-type moves and reduces the reps, I'm really addicted to her Endurance and Energy Flow workouts.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 08:59 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i got Premier in the sale.

you mentioned Tonique 2. i watched the clips - is there anything else that is like Tonique 2? it seems to be available either used or as a download from Sylwia's site.
I have no idea. I haven't tried any Toniques beyond Premier
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 09:01 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
bubbles76: The TP/TM rotation looks perfect! I saved it so I can try it out, thank you
Thanks! Let's hope it's good
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 09:03 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
Me too! I thought "what in the world is she doing that Tonique is taking it down a notch???" I think she said she had been using heavier weights, often adding ankle weights and resistance bands, etc. to make things tough as possible. I love that she puts her spin on Tonique-type moves and reduces the reps, I'm really addicted to her Endurance and Energy Flow workouts.
Linda was doing a lot of Body Rock workouts and workouts like Fit by Julia on YouTube which do use heavier weights and higher impact etc. If you scan through comments on Fit by Julia workouts you’ll find ones from Linda. Julia’s workouts are frequently 70 to 80 minutes long. Tonique (her newer downloads not the older DVDs so much) has bridged that unique gap of super physically challenging but limited impact. Linda has carried that over to her workouts too. They are truly unique. Some days I love that I can sweat like the dickens with Linda and not need shoes. I can’t do no shoes with most Tonique’s but I can with Linda.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 10:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
Thank you Sugar and Venus for the Josee Lavigueur DVD info.
You are welcome Dona! Venus, I didn't it was available in the US, thanks for checking.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 11:20 AM  
Dontmindthemess

This past week I’ve done two new to me Toniques: Royale (the 60 min carb Royale version) and Hamptons Glow. I had done a couple of the Hawaii’s before and a Femme Fatale but it’s been over a year. I do Linda Wooldridge’s workouts pretty regularly.

Both workouts were challenging but I just went at my pace, and modified when I had to. Especially in Royale, I just did the original move as long as I could the maybe instead of a kick I would do a knee. I really felt great the whole day I did Royale. I had to cut Hamptons glow short by a few minutes but I have to say it’s probably the most unique workout I’ve ever done. What a challenging way to work your core and upper body!

I just want to give a huge shout out to Ebianco for your Tour of Tonique thread because you make these workouts seem a lot more approachable!! Lots of love to you

I’d love to hear more from the Tonique newbies! You can do it!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 12:11 PM  
MARIKA

Curious if most of you do the handstand stuff. Back in my tweens I was good at gymnastics but at 54 not sure if I should venture into this
Old 10-07-19, 01:31 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I do the handstands as best I can. I can’t do a real handstand, headstand or anything like that. I never could. But I just kick one leg up and frequently bend my other leg like one of Linda’s modifications. The more I do them I’ve actually been able to bring both legs together ever once in a while. I wouldn’t want to be judged on how straight up and down i am. You can usually just do a leg raise from down dog if you don’t feel comfortable with the whole mini handstand business.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 01:54 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I like the handstands but I don't have any shoulder or upper body issues. It's fun getting upside down! Mine aren't always pretty but I just do my best. Linda has a great tutorial for handstand modifications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChgZQGCvyz4

I think you'd still get a great workout without them.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, endurance 100, linda wooldridge, tonique