Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-19, 09:38 AM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I am glad you enjoyed your first workout! Hope you will enjoy the others as much.
Thank you!
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 09:41 AM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'll be starting back with Premier when I decide to start a rotation. Probably follow up with Tonique 2. Not sure where to go from there, but I'll have all ones she has on dvd by then. Except for the Hawaiis. Would love to hear opinions on where to start next.
What do you think your rotation will look like? For some reason I didn't notice Premier when I was looking at the DVD's on Mary's site - I should have started with that one. Ordering now.
Old 09-08-19, 10:39 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
What do you think your rotation will look like? For some reason I didn't notice Premier when I was looking at the DVD's on Mary's site - I should have started with that one. Ordering now.
Probably something like this:

Tonique Premier - TP
Tonique Mat - TM

Week One
Monday - TP Squats/Mat Work
Tuesday - Upper Body
Wednesday - TP Lunges/Mat Work
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Cardio + Short Yoga
Saturday - Traditional Total Body Weights + Short Yoga
Sunday - Cardio + Short Yoga

Week Two
Monday - TM - half
Tuesday - Upper Body
Wednesday - TM - Other half
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Cardio + Short Yoga
Saturday - Traditional Total Body Weights + Short Yoga
Sunday - Cardio + Short Yoga

Then repeat for another two weeks.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 11:41 AM  
wendug

I had Tonique Cardio Mat YEARS ago and tried it a few times but it was just too hard! I think I donated it away. So now my endurance and strength is much better so maybe I would be able to tackle Tonique. I think I'm going to give the Barlates Endurance workouts a try to see how I handle those first before moving on to Tonique. This thread has inspired me to try!
Old 09-08-19, 12:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bubbles, I thought to do the same with TP! Doing squats and mat one day, and lunges and mat the other day, until I feel like doing the whole thing. I have done recently a workout DVD from a local instructor that consist of squats, lunges, plies and leg extensions, for around 30 minutes or so, and the rest is some floor work very brief and stretch, I really like, the whole thing is like 43 minutes, the first time my butt was very sore and my HR was high, good stuff.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 12:13 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Bubbles, I like that, I'm going to do a similar rotation using Dream Body as cardio, and maybe some additional sections from the various Tonique workouts on the Tonique days.

Wendug, I'm interested in hearing how you like Linda's Endurance workouts. The boxed set that has Endurance 100, 110 and 120 have the twoworkouts that I think are the hardest: Firm and Burn on the 110 CD and then 1+2=3 on the 120 CD. I don't think I could have done much of the Royale without having done Linda's Endurance workouts for months prior.

Sugar, what is the DVD from your local instructor? It sounds like a good one.
Old 09-08-19, 01:02 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Donatella, I just checked the back of my DVD:

Warm up 6 min.
Standing portion 18 min.
Floor work 9 min.
Stretch 9 min.

I felt that the standing portion was longer I need to revisit it again, I did it a month or so ago several times. My legs were getting a nice shape with that routine. I also think it is fun. But, it is in French, although I think it would easy to follow, unfortunately I haven't find a preview.

Here is the DVD:

https://www.amazon.ca/Lavigueur-Jose...gateway&sr=8-2

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 01:26 PM  
manleym

Sounds like a good rotation, Bubbles. I guess any upper body, total body, and cardio, correct?
Donatella, I like your idea of additional sections of Tonique on Tonique days. I guess the structure of the rotation is to have 3Tonique days and 3 cardio/total body weight days.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 12:04 AM  
Venus

Donatella: I don't have Royale, but I read the reviews. I'm impressed you tried it right away. Great job! I get intimidated by 'advanced' workouts; I should try them right away, too!

bubbles76: The TP/TM rotation looks perfect! I saved it so I can try it out, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Donatella, I just checked the back of my DVD:

Warm up 6 min.
Standing portion 18 min.
Floor work 9 min.
Stretch 9 min.

I felt that the standing portion was longer I need to revisit it again, I did it a month or so ago several times. My legs were getting a nice shape with that routine. I also think it is fun. But, it is in French, although I think it would easy to follow, unfortunately I haven't find a preview.

Here is the DVD:

https://www.amazon.ca/Lavigueur-Jose...gateway&sr=8-2
For those in the U.S., I looked it up

http://www.amazon.com/Josee-Lavigueu...vies-tv&sr=1-4
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 10:56 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'll be starting back with Premier when I decide to start a rotation. Probably follow up with Tonique 2. Not sure where to go from there, but I'll have all ones she has on dvd by then.
i got Premier in the sale.

you mentioned Tonique 2. i watched the clips - is there anything else that is like Tonique 2? it seems to be available either used or as a download from Sylwia's site.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, endurance 100, linda wooldridge, tonique