Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-19, 04:49 PM  
Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I'll be interested in your results with Tonique since you had such great results with the STS/glute rotation. Please keep us posted.
Without hijacking this thread....I added around the same time; dream body (cardio only so...usually the first 20-30 min stopping when the toning parts began used as add-ons) kettlebell kickboxing (basically replacing ultimatum because I didn't love it for the metcon) and tonique. About halfway through, my 11yo wanted to start running. I replaced that dreambody cardio with those runs.

The short update: it made a noticeable difference. I'm surprised much more than I expected and I completely plan on continuing to tweak it. Each aspect added something different. I will also note, this built on the sts/glute focused rotation BUT, I absolutely do not think it would have done the same on it's own. It was the combination that is giving the results.
One other thing of note: I needed equipment free workouts only from Fri-Tue, Fri-Mon or sometimes Fri-Wed. Meaning I had to restrict myself to only using equipment the other days (Tue-Thurs or whatever that week resulted in) (boat friendly workouts!). This schedule began April 7 and will conclude within the next 6-8 weeks when I will have more flexibility. This meant I only had Tonique, dreambody and not much else available those long weekends, every week.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 06:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I got my package from Mary today, yay! I decided to start with Tonique Premier since I'm a Tonique newbie. My thoughts...

Were those 'drills' supposed to be the warm up?? Yikes, now that I know, I'll definitely be more prepared for that next time! The workout itself is no joke, wow...I made it through only missing a rep here and there due to the odd voice-over cueing, but goodness, that wasn't easy at all (and this is just the first video she did???)!

I felt like my aerobic capacity and mental focus were challenged more than my legs...until later after the workout, because now I'm starting to feel pretty stiff and like I'm going to have some interesting DOMs! That is sneaky stuff.

I wasn't a fan of the cool-down because I wasn't really sure what was going on, but that's okay too, as I just kind of did my own thing and stretched and was so ready to be done by that point, hah!

I'm sort of wondering if I should stick with this DVD until I'm more comfortable with it and build up more endurance, because now I'm a bit scared of the others! Or maybe I'll be brave, I don't know! I'm so happy to have found a new challenge!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 08:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

my Total Fitness order arrived yesterday at my mom's house. i'm thinking of stopping by to pick it up.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything tonique, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique reviews