Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-19, 06:03 PM  
manleym

I noticed her push-up form as well. Glad I wasn't the only thinking it was bad form.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 06:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post

Some of them look really good! But, I have to say that her push up form makes me cringe why she doesn't do them on her knees instead of doing them with bad form. Still tempted, love the look of the rest, are these harder than Dream Body? Or, about the same level?
LOL yeah..Sylwia has some graceful moves but not her pushups

Comparing Tonique to Dream Body is apples and oranges, they are both really tough workouts. What I love about Dream Body is that most of them are total body. I love the pilates and barre influences with the HIIT type cardio. I would recommend for both Tonique and DB to go at your own pace!

To Taiga's point, there is a dread factor for me for some Tonique and DB workouts, and no dread factor for me with other Tonique and DB workouts. Both have endless reps
Old 09-06-19, 06:52 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

I bought:

Tonique Addicted to Movement
Tonique Royale
Tonique Born to Move
Tonique Femme Fatale

And the mail carrier just handed them to me, Yay! These are new to me, hopefully I can make it through them. I am one that really likes Dream Body, and have all their workouts. For some reason the constant talking and frantic pace does not bother me.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 07:21 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Sugar I agree about Sylwia's push up form. It is pretty bad, at least it would be for my neck. I don't plan on following her form at all for pushups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I noticed her push-up form as well. Glad I wasn't the only thinking it was bad form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
LOL yeah..Sylwia has some graceful moves but not her pushups
I am relieved I wasn't the only one noticing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Comparing Tonique to Dream Body is apples and oranges, they are both really tough workouts. What I love about Dream Body is that most of them are total body. I love the pilates and barre influences with the HIIT type cardio. I would recommend for both Tonique and DB to go at your own pace!

To Taiga's point, there is a dread factor for me for some Tonique and DB workouts, and no dread factor for me with other Tonique and DB workouts. Both have endless reps
I did a rotation with the first two DB sets a while back and I really enjoyed it, it was challenging, but kind of fun too, I really liked the mix of exercises, I just did them 3 times a week and lost 8 pounds. I know they are different styles, I don't mind challenging as long as they enjoyables. I guess, I will have to give them a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
I bought:

Tonique Addicted to Movement
Tonique Royale
Tonique Born to Move
Tonique Femme Fatale

And the mail carrier just handed them to me, Yay! These are new to me, hopefully I can make it through them. I am one that really likes Dream Body, and have all their workouts. For some reason the constant talking and frantic pace does not bother me.
I hope you will enjoy them! I like Dream Body too, they are great workouts.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 07:46 PM  
bubbles76

Sugar, please share your Dreambody rotation.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 08:38 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

bzar, Sylwia has only sold downloads on her website since I first started doing Tonique 3 years ago, so I would imagine that the DVDs are on their way out.

I agree that Sylwia has poor push-up form, but it seems to have improved on her non-DVD workouts. I actually love how she does them as part of a combination, rather than just a "drop and give me 20". It makes push-ups much more doable. However, if I recall correctly, she does not do the combinations in her DVD workouts.

Everyone who took advantage of the sale, you must post your comments about how you like the workouts! And don't get discouraged; these workouts are TOUGH and unlike anything else. If you like the DVDs, you will love the downloads since they contain so much variety. I'd be happy to give recommendations, or you can check ebianco's Tour of Tonique thread.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 08:57 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Just a quick tip that I read once somewhere on VF from ebianco or someone else. If your legs or body parts are burning too badly from Tonique spending hours on one side, just count reps and switch sides on your own. I would count ten and switch to the other side and count ten and switch back and the up it to 15 and 20 etc. This was super helpful to me to take out some of the dread and make Tonique more enjoyable until I got stronger. Also Barlates Endurance 90, which is free on YouTube, helped tremendously with my confidence that I can complete a Tonique-style workout. In one of the Femme Fatale workouts Sylwia makes a comment about letting your brain go or something like that meaning focus on something other than the pain. Because the movements are repetitive, they can become somewhat meditative in a weird way. This only works if I’m in the mood for it though.

And I very much appreciate that suggestion and ebianco’s extensive reviews because she has already done the rep count in some making the math in breaking them up evenly between legs easier if that is a concern to you. Thank you all VF contributors.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 01:54 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Sugar, please share your Dreambody rotation.
Bubbles, there are five workouts on each set, I started with the first set (workout series) and did them in order (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), then the next week, I did the last two workouts and started the cardio series on Friday and so on. I also added the Mixxtreme Fitness set to the rotation. On the days in between I did cardio dance, whatever I felt like doing, mostly fun and doable workouts, that way I didn't get any feel of dread at all, and was actually enjoying the workouts, I find that when I do very intense workouts back to back I start to feel exhausted. Let me know if you'd like more details, I wrote my rotation down in my notebook. My rotation lasted six weeks, but I started to notice changes since week 2, I didn't measure, but I'm sure I lost lot of inches.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 09-07-19, 02:03 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I just placed my order!

Christina, I'm glad to hear her push up form has improved. And thanks for the encouragement! I also hope everyone will report back after trying the workouts, mine will take a bit longer to arrive.

Cjayd, great tips! I'm taking note, thanks!

I just checked Ebianco's thread, it is very helpful!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Old 09-07-19, 12:41 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just want to add how much I appreciate all the info and tips given here! Thanks everyone!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything tonique, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique reviews