Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-01-19, 12:12 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

I agree that Femme Fatale and Born to Move are the best ones in terms of value. Born to Move also has two shorter (approx 35 min and 50 min) workouts, as well as the longer (73 min) 1.1 section. With Cardio Mat, you can stop the workout whenever you want, since it alternates between standing and floor work, and the reps/sides are pretty even. I haven’t done Royale in ages, but it is over 90 minutes and difficult to break down into a shorter workout. However, it most resembles her non-DVD offerings, which are almost all total body workouts, and some of the best workouts ever made, in my opinion. Whatever you choose, I recommend doing the shorter workouts several times a week before even attempting the longer ones. You will see great results, esp in terms of endurance.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 01:21 PM  
manleym

Thank you Christina! That's great information!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 02:21 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, this is the same thing I was thinking. Plus, in looking at some of the clips, some appear to be a lot alike.
Bubbles, have you decided yet?
Old 09-01-19, 02:29 PM  
bubbles76

Manleym, I have not . I have been approached about trading for some, so I hope that goes through.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 02:46 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

That is a great value for those DVDs! I highly recommend Born to Move and Femme Fatale for the most content and shorter option workouts. I get a lot of use out of the short add ons in FF (also available in Addicted to Movement): Verve and Sway, and there is also an Express workout on there. It's not too much of an investment to see if you like it or not. If you only get one, I would recommend Born to Move for the most classic Tonique leg work, but Femme Fatale is a close second

I also agree with Christina that Royale would be a great choice for those who are curious about her downloads. It is long and hard to shorten and one of her most advanced, but has more dynamic total body moves (down dog, breakdance, etc.) than her other DVDs.

I generally wouldn't recommend Sculpt Dynamics, although it can be made more fun/doable if you use a rebounder.
Old 09-01-19, 02:56 PM  
bubbles76

Ebianco, I remember you advised me last time, and I missed the sale. This is an even bigger sale! Energy Mat is a given, as I love floor work. It's just deciding about the others. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. What do you pair with Tonique? I've read where some people have lost some upper body tone with Tonique. Maybe I'll pair with Dreambody? That's another set that would be new to me. What do you suggest?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-01-19, 03:01 PM  
manleym

Bubbles, I hope your trades go through too! That would be great!

Ebianco, thanks for the recommendations! I think Royale might be more than I want - it was good to hear both you and Chrstina say the same thing - long and hard to shorten.

I've ruled out Sculpt Dynamics and Premier. I recently got BTM and FF - haven't tried either though. So I've got it narrowed down to Addicted to Movement and Cardio Mat.

And as you said, Ebianco - for the price I really have nothing to lose. It would definately be something new for me!
Old 09-01-19, 09:02 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Bubbles! Yes, I would definitely recommend adding in something for the arms to complement Tonique, which is mostly lower body. Some of her workouts have a lot of down dog and pushups but not really her earlier stuff, and not in equal balance to the leg work. I would highly recommend Dream Body - I love those workouts nearly as much as Tonique! They are more balanced total body workouts (particularly the original and cardio sets which is what I would recommend most). And some of them have killer arm work - Barre from the original set has a long arm/cardio set and InTENse from the second set has two tough arm sets. They may be even more intense than Tonique, but most of their workouts can be broken in half (no chaptering but breaking points are easier to establish than in a Tonique workout).

My other arm go to's that would be good with Tonique are TA arms (particularly her Mat workout) and Barlates. I would highly recommend Linda's Mix and Match DVD set.

Hi Manleym! Addicted to Movement and Cardio Mat are both a mix of a lot of exercises not really repeated in a circuit (or very short circuits) so they are easy to just do the amount you want and stop. You definitely don't have to commit to 80 minutes on either. I would say ATM is a little harder, and I like the music and Sylwia's cute outfit LOL where Cardio Mat has no music, so would recommend ATM for that reason.
Old 09-02-19, 07:12 AM  
manleym

Thanks Ebianco for the feedback and recommendations! It's good to know that I can just do however long and then stop - I just don't have 80 minutes to workout most days. I'm glad Bubbles mentioned upper body - I didn't even think of that. I just bought Linda's Mix and Match downloads, so thanks for that rec. Also like Leah's Ballet Body Upper Body. Seems like any high-rep/low weight barre-ish upper body workout would complement Tonique, correct? TIA!
Old 09-02-19, 01:41 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Ebianco! I don't have any Tracy Anderson offerings, as I need to be properly cued. I've been looking at the Linda Mix and Match set ever since Sharaz said she got it

Since Casey said that Addicted to Movement didn't seem to have enough toning, I will not be getting that one. Since you said in your tour of Tonique thread that Born to Move spent 25 minutes on one leg (and that sounds like torture to me!) I won't be getting Born to Move. Christina says Royale is not easily broken up into two workouts, so I won't be getting that one either . So I think I will be getting Energy Mat and Femme Fatale. Both sound a bit more doable for me at my current fitness level. I'm trading for Tonique 2, so hopefully that will give me a good mix of Tonique.

Tags
everything tonique, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique reviews