Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-24-19, 07:01 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We walked the dog 3 miles this morning, and I'm going to do Firm Tough Tape tonight. I've spent the day getting clothes and shoes ready for the school year, so it will make getting ready during the week easier. It's silly, but one of the things I missed most while I was gone was my clothes/shoes. Now what I miss most is being with Piper and Lily every day, although Piper facetimes pretty much every morning. It's 2 hours earlier where she is, so sometimes she calls before I'm even up.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 07:33 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. The first day of school didn't seem as wild as it does some years (hooray). I'm heading down to do a short treadmill walk and Solid Gold Step - on the floor because my right knee is still being wonky.

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-27-19, 10:11 PM  
cdayley

Just finished a 1 mile treadmill walk and 30 Minutes to Fitness Circuit Burn #1. My knee is definitely feeling overdone.
Old 08-28-19, 08:23 AM  
Sissy B

I'm continuing to do my at home PT exercises. I'm trying to find a balance between resuming my normal activities and not overdoing it. I overdid it Saturday. Fun Fact: After you break a bone, you can tell when it's going to rain - the bone hurts. It has been raining here a lot lately.

They have started offering yoga classes at one of the local gyms - Yoga Flow and Yoga Sculpt - that I would love to try, but I'm not ready to put my full weight on my hand yet.

Leslie - My steps are dismal too.

Chrys - DD is an hour ahead of us so I had to tell her to take that into consideration before calling or Facetiming me.

Deb - I hope you had a great time in Chicago. DH & I are planning to go and spend a week with his brother and SIL at their mountain cabin. DH has never been to the mountains so we're really looking forward to it. Plus, it's cooler there. They've already had a fire in their fireplace.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 09:33 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 2 mile treadmill walk tonight. Today was super wild at work, and I'm glad I had massage therapy after that!
Steps 10,611

Sissy, I'm the one who calls at the wrong time, because we are 2 hours behind Ohio. An hour behind Missouri, probably the same for TX where DD is now.

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-28-19, 09:39 PM  
Sissy B

Chrys - Since I never know when DD is working, I let her call me.
Old 08-30-19, 08:37 AM  
Sissy B

Since I'm going to be traveling this weekend and I'm not sure how reliable the WiFi is going to be, I went ahead and posted a new thread for September.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...12#post2835312

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Old 08-30-19, 06:50 PM  
dbclark44

Today - TM 33 min/1.53 miles; Cathe Lite PHA 2 Warm Up + rounds 1A & 2A + Stretch

Had a great weekend with the family last weekend. Really spent some quality time with everyone. We stayed with them for a change as we normally stay in downtown Chicago. For me it was all about family time. Didn't even go into Chicago. Didn't do any walking though. As a matter of fact, today is the first day I've worked out in a week. August has just been down right terrible for me exercise wise. On the other hand I am over the top thrilled with the time I spent with family and friends this month. I did some serious reconnecting with folks.

Wednesday, me + 5 others ladies from my bible study class decided to take a trip to KY to see the Noah Ark exhibit. I can't gush about it enough. It is a must see exhibit. Very spiritually based which I loved. If you ever get a chance to travel to KY, try and make it to Williamstown to see that exhibit. I recommend it.

I did my own version of a PHA premix using chapters today. I only did one round of each group. Didn't have unlimited time because I had to leave out for my Friday morning bowling meeting which starts next Friday and my Monday morning bowling starts on the 9th. And bible study starts next Thursday. So summer is coming to a close with the start of the bowling leagues and bible study class. No trips planned for September. The 3rd week in October we'll be spending in Branson. Then off to FL for 2 months during January and February. It's been a great first year of retirement. I have really enjoyed myself and DH is coming along okay from his surgery so life is good for us.

Sissy, enjoy the mountains and cabin. Wish I was going. Thank you for starting next month's check in.

Chrys, too funny about missing home then missing the grand kids. So sweet she face times you regularly.

Okay, I am determined to make the next 2 months better workout months than this one was. I only worked out 6 days this month. Will try and get one in tomorrow to make it 7. You ladies have a great Friday evening.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 04:31 PM  
cdayley

I've had a sick stomach for 2 days so I am waiting until tomorrow to go see my parents. I'm going to do a short Firm workout later.
Deb, it's awesome that you had quality time with family and friends. We all need to do that.
Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers