Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-19, 11:33 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I used Prime app for Les Mills on demand and it worked great.
If you get a chance, would you mind explaining your setup and how you did this? I'm at a loss! Much appreciated!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-19, 11:40 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
If you get a chance, would you mind explaining your setup and how you did this? I'm at a loss! Much appreciated!
I am trying to figure out if I could do it because we have an Amazon Firestick, or if you can do it with only Prime. I will check tonight on the tv that does not have the Firestick and see if I can figure it out.

ETA: I am really sorry. It looks like you have to have a Firestick or Amazon Fire tv to get it to work, not Prime. Here is a link to the app if you do have use a firestick or fire tv. I did not realize it because I only set it up on the tv with the Firestick.

https://www.amazon.com/Cathe-Dot-Com...cathe+live+app

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-19, 11:44 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
I am trying to figure out if I could do it because we have an Amazon Firestick, or if you can do it with only Prime. I will check tonight on the tv that does not have the Firestick and see if I can figure it out.

ETA: I am really sorry. It looks like you have to have a Firestick or Amazon Fire tv to get it to work, not Prime. Here is a link to the app if you do have use a firestick or fire tv. I did not realize it because I only set it up on the tv with the Firestick.

https://www.amazon.com/Cathe-Dot-Com...cathe+live+app
Ohhhh, yeah, we have no Firestick. Let me know if you get it to work without one. I'm not even sure what a Firestick is but heck, maybe I need one, hah! Much appreciated Sherry!
Old 01-25-19, 11:46 AM  
sherry7899

https://www.amazon.com/Introducing-F...zon+fire+stick

I feel badly for not realizing that. They are very easy to install if you do get one. I am a total tech idiot, and I was able to set it up.

In addition to Cathe Live, there is an app for Cathe on demand, Beachbody, Les Mills, Gaia and a bunch of other fitness streaming sites you can use through the Firestick to stream them to your tv. Of course you have to pay individually for each service, but it's great for streaming to your tv. We don't have Apple tv or a Roku so this works for us.

Sherry

Old 01-25-19, 11:57 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/Introducing-F...zon+fire+stick

I feel badly for not realizing that. They are very easy to install if you do get one. I am a total tech idiot, and I was able to set it up.

In addition to Cathe Live, there is an app for Cathe on demand, Beachbody, Les Mills, Gaia and a bunch of other fitness streaming sites you can use through the Firestick to stream them to your tv. Of course you have to pay individually for each service, but it's great for streaming to your tv. We don't have Apple tv or a Roku so this works for us.

Sherry
No worries at all! There are SO many gadgets out there confusing me which is why all of this confused me in the first place! I did look into the Firestick though and holy moly, that is an economical way to stream stuff. I had no idea! We use our TV or Xbox now for all of those things, of course except Cathe Live, which isn't available on either. Grrrrrr. Husband also informed me that we have no free HDMI ports left on the TV. Sigh. I need to figure something out here, hah!!
Old 01-26-19, 07:46 AM  
sherry7899

I hope you can figure something out. You can also stream you tube and Daily Burn through it as well.

Old 01-26-19, 10:20 AM  
Fitstick

I love Cathe Live, so many workouts and intensities to choose from! However, I had a lot of frustration streaming it until I got a Roku. Since then it’s been so much better. I started by using Chromecast and that was hit or miss, not fun having freezes or entire stops in the middle of your workout!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 12:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I love Cathe Live, so many workouts and intensities to choose from! However, I had a lot of frustration streaming it until I got a Roku. Since then it’s been so much better. I started by using Chromecast and that was hit or miss, not fun having freezes or entire stops in the middle of your workout!
THIS is what concerns me. I had a lot of issues when I had Udaya streaming years ago and eventually let the subscription go because of it. Guess I have to try it to find out. My husband just now fiddled with our setup and we have a free HDMI space and an extra cable, yay! We still need to do some tweaking though to create room to actually hook up a device to stream with. Sigh.
Old 01-30-19, 06:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Okay everyone, I got my stuff configured and signed up and did my first Live workout today, Total Body Toning from 6/17/2018. I loved it!! It was like High Reps on speed and with less equipment.

I'm happy to say too, despite streaming with a really low-end laptop, I had no problems with the low-quality version. And I LOVED Cathe's personality in this...she's so funny, especially her evil cackles, hah. Now I just have to check my bandwidth usage tomorrow and see how it goes, though I think it will be just fine.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 01-30-19, 06:53 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Okay everyone, I got my stuff configured and signed up and did my first Live workout today, Total Body Toning from 6/17/2018. I loved it!! It was like High Reps on speed and with less equipment.

I'm happy to say too, despite streaming with a really low-end laptop, I had no problems with the low-quality version. And I LOVED Cathe's personality in this...she's so funny, especially her evil cackles, hah. Now I just have to check my bandwidth usage tomorrow and see how it goes, though I think it will be just fine.

Thanks for the help!!

That's great! I am glad you were able to find a setup that works.

Tags
cathe live