Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-19, 11:54 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cathe Live question

I"m very curious what the intensity level is like on many/most of Cathe's live workouts. Do they all differ, or do they tend to be intermediate/advanced or other? I'm really curious...been toying with trying CL out but have no idea how it even works, really. Or how much bandwidth it uses (my cable company has a cap, grrrrrrr). Any insight anyone can provide would be much appreciated!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 12:45 PM  
upperwside

I LOVE Cathe live.. I would say it is intermediate/advanced... but you can use lighter weights. She has a LOT of variety on there and lot's of low impact option. She has a free trial, so you can see if you bandwidth it uses up... I do not have a cap so cannot tell you anything there..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 02:21 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I love Cathe Live! The first classes seemed a little easier maybe because they had more water breaks and moved at a slower pace. The last year Cathe has sped it up a little and it seems a little more advanced because of the pace and less water breaks.

But I would say they are all high intermediate or low advanced. The background class is all fitness levels, you'll see some who modify and others who do the entire class without modifying. I really enjoy the enthusiasm and vibe of the live classes. It makes you feel like you are there in her gym taking the class with them.

I agree, try it out for the free 7 day trial and see if you like it. I'm not sure about your bandwidth question either, we don't have a cap (that I know of anyway!) But I would think that it's not that bad because it's streaming and not downloading?
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 02:49 PM  
muggle

I also agree!! I did the free trial just to see how it would go. Then I signed up for a month and did as many as I could in 30 days. I've had it ever since. Great selection, different equipment including spin bikes. Best money spent!!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 03:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Thanks so far, all! High intermediate/low advanced and beyond is what I'm really looking for, so that sounds great.

Bandwidth I am worried about. Things like watching videos on Prime and HBO just KILL us because you cannot adjust how much data is being used on those apps for streaming. Literally, watching a movie that's two-plus hours long has been known to eat 25 gigs in one sitting which is not doable with our cap. It's so ridiculous, having a cap, in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I also agree!! I did the free trial just to see how it would go. Then I signed up for a month and did as many as I could in 30 days. I've had it ever since. Great selection, different equipment including spin bikes. Best money spent!!!
Is this a month-to-month thing then where you can cancel at any time? That would be even better in case it's not working out.

And here's the dumb question of the day....is it possible to stream Cathe Live through an Xbox One?
Old 01-24-19, 06:12 PM  
kimf
VF Supporter

All Cathe Lives have a high quality and low quality version so I'm pretty sure if you always used the low quality you would have greatly reduced bandwidth.

Yes it is month to month and easy to cancel on the website.

Give it a try - it's lots of fun!
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 06:19 PM  
sherry7899

There is a free Cathe Live app on Amazon . I think it would work with Prime, but I am not sure.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-19, 06:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, thank you kimf and sherry7899! I have to look into the Prime thing for SURE!
Old 01-24-19, 06:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oye, welllll, it looks like my best option is hooking up a laptop with an HDMI cable. Wonder if we have one lying around anywhere.....
Old 01-24-19, 06:45 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Oh, thank you kimf and sherry7899! I have to look into the Prime thing for SURE!
I used Prime app for Les Mills on demand and it worked great.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe live