Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-17, 02:02 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Semi-old thread alert!

FYI to everyone that Sylwia just added her three Peru downloads for sale on her webpage! They are supposed to be more intermediate level and performed at a much slower tempo. I don't personally see that they will be significantly easier, but I've only previewed them so far, and haven't had a chance to try them yet. Based on my personal preferences I'm most excited to try out Ageless 2, it's got probably the most variety of the three.

Here's the details based on preview:

Tonique Peru Ageless 1: 49 minutes not including the bonus Extra at the end. Filmed on a sunny dock overlooking the water at sunrise, this one is a good mix of standing, downdog, handstands, and a new move where you go into a deep squat and touch both hands to the ground, and while in this position kick one leg to the side (looks fun!) and some mat work at the end.

Tonique Peru Ageless 2: 57 minute not including Extra. Filmed on the same sunny dock as Ageless 1 at sunrise, but very early (dark) and Sylwia is difficult to see and when the sun does come up, the glare makes Sylwia just a dark outline. It's pretty but it's difficult to tell what leg she's on. What I like about this one though is Sylwia uses the railing as a barre of sorts for some exercises, using it to hold on to while going into deep squats and balance for side kicks and other exercises, for maybe 25% of the workout. The rest of it is more standard fare, lots of downdog, handstand, some breakdance, lots of up/down moves that look fun. Also the split-type move that she introduced and I tried to describe in her Mexico Summer Vibes workout.

Tonique Peru Shape It: 55 minutes not including Extra. Filmed in a churchyard, there is more standing in this one than the other two, but also has lots of downdog and handstand type exercises. My download is a little digitalized/degraded in spots but it's still easy to follow what Sylwia is doing, it's very sunny.

Tonique Extra: A bonus 18 minute workout that is tacked on to the end of all three Peru workouts. Filmed on a very pretty boardwalk with water in the background. Sylwia starts with some standing lunges and kicks but most of the workout is crouched in the downdog position with different exercises.

FYI I came across "misski_tonique_woman" on instagram and she does a Tonique workout nearly every day, and shows a very small clip of the Tonique workout she's done that day. I recommend anyone might check her out for very tiny preview clips of Tonique workouts including these Peru downloads.
Old 12-30-17, 07:06 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

ebianco, thanks again for your review. Ageless 2 sounds fabulous. I also want to follow misski_tonique_woman now on instagram.
Old 12-30-17, 07:40 PM  
kmissa

This is amazing, thank you!! I’m going to bookmark this bc I always want to try Tonique(I buy a lot then don’t use), but I’m initimidated. Last one I did was Tokyo and it left me sore for days.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-17, 09:40 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I have dome Ageless 1 and Shape It along with bonus 18 min workout and really dig these workouts. I cant wait to do Ageless 2. I am hoping she is filming while in Nicaragua right now!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 06:22 PM  
cmiyachi

Thanks for the reviews! I'm on the fence about these newer workouts. I think she should plan these more as most of these newer ones (if not all) are uneven in counts. I feel like she just goes out and freestyles a lot of these and I personally like more planned out workouts. I actually have been doing more older DVDs than streaming now because of this. But these aren't live classes so I wish she would do more production. I really like her first DVDs she released because they are better produced.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 11:28 AM  
casey

Hi everyone
I just wanted to add that if anyone is struggling with the length of Zen there is a way to do it and break it down. I don't want or do 2 hour workouts but I do love Zen's vibe and the movements. I think this breakdown was done by Carb when we had our check-in.

Zen
File 1 - 00:00-28:20 (first half of first leg/side)
File 2 - 28:20-54:17 (second half of first leg/side)
File 3 - 54:17-01:25:40 (first half of second leg/side)
File 4 - 01:25:40-end (second half of second leg/side)

Today I did File 1 and File 3 which is about 59 minutes. It was leg focused with some arm work. I really enjoyed it but I love tonique. HTH
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 01:55 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Bumping because of Sylwia's $1 sale. I searched for this so I can read ebianco's reviews. Thanks again ebianco.
Old 03-08-18, 05:00 PM  
casey

Is Sylwia having a dollar sale now? I checked but didn't see any reductions. 😉
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 10:41 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Is Sylwia having a dollar sale now? I checked but didn't see any reductions. 😉
Yes. Here's a link that lists which ones are $1.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222601

When you go to her site, you have to click on the workout to see the price as $1. Before that, it shows their regular price.
Old 03-09-18, 11:58 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Sylwia is so generous

I did Born to Move W2 today, my ultimate favorite "I tell you, it's your favorite" she says when she does endless squat jumps LOL

I did Tonqiue Extra the other day (the 18 minute Peru add on) and wasn't overly in love. It didn't have the variety and fast paced feel as her other express workouts. I haven't done the other Peru workouts yet but I can't wait to try them. If anyone takes advantage of her $1 offers, let me know how you like her workouts!

I'm glad people are getting use out of my reviews!

Tags
everything tonique, sylwia, tonique, tonique reviews