Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-17, 01:17 PM  
gladgirl

Thank you! and WOW!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 08:30 AM  
dianestjohn

You are AWESOME. Even though I am not a Tonique lover (a bit more challenging than I like) I am stunned and amazed at all this info. Thank you!
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 10:05 AM  
Carb8985

This is great, ebianco! And I love the shout-out to "Carb Royale."

I haven't done Tonique in quite a while. I've been on a Barlates kick lately, but I really need to pull them out, because there is nothing quite like the Tonique high.

I also haven't bought any Tonique workouts after the Budapest/Prague series, so it was great to see your reviews of the workouts that follow so I know what I need to buy next.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 10:15 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

This is amazing thanks so much. Mexico released yesterday on her site! The "Extra Curricular" bonus workout(20min) is included on both "Summer Vibes"(52:27) and "Rise Up" (57:37) so don't do what I did and purchase it along with other two only to realize later I already had it on both other workouts. I have only dine EC and it is a Wall workout so handstand heavy with squat rounds for breaks, I really enjoyed it!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 08:28 PM  
casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post
This is great, ebianco! And I love the shout-out to "Carb Royale."

I haven't done Tonique in quite a while. I've been on a Barlates kick lately, but I really need to pull them out, because there is nothing quite like the Tonique high.

I also haven't bought any Tonique workouts after the Budapest/Prague series, so it was great to see your reviews of the workouts that follow so I know what I need to buy next.
Hi Carb

So funny because I've been doing Barlates so much for the past few months and no Tonique after so many years. I love her workouts even though I love Tonique and I know I will go back to doing them soon.
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 08:41 PM  
casey

Ebianco

The first thing I did was copy your reviews which was incredible. That was a lot of work and very much appreciated.
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 08:39 AM  
mle777

Wow! What a wonderful post! It actually made me almost want to pull out one of my Tonique workouts that sit on the shelf with dust on them. Thank you for all the work you put into typing that up!

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-17, 09:03 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Thank you all again, I'm so thrilled that so many people find my reviews helpful! Thanks again for the thank yous and kudos!!

bjammin13 I did the same thing, bought all three not realizing that Extra Curricular was free with purchase...LOL So far I don't see how these are "intermediate" as the full length workouts seem to be full of lunges and handstands and are in full long circuits so they'll be hard to shorten down. I guess when she said intermediate I was thinking something more Hawaii caliber, between intensity and length? Oh well, maybe the Peru workouts will be more like that. I'm sure I'll still love them! I can't wait to do them but am having problems getting Summer Vibes with instruction to download (I have the music only), and Sylwia is trying to resolve it. I am hoping to do the other two this week.

Carb and Casey, my old Tonique buddies, waves! I really like Barlates too, before I got on this Tonique kick I was on a Barlates kick! She continues to come out with new workouts and lots of DVD sets. I have a new favorite of hers, her pilates circle workouts (this one in particular and she has a whole collection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhl5ai0D-Hk). I do barre all the time but with the circle is very intense. It felt like doing barre for the first time! Just FYI
Old 09-06-17, 11:08 AM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 08:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Thanks Mell!

FYI to everyone I added Rise Up and Extra Curricular to the original post. I haven't done Summer Vibes yet but it is 52 minutes and primarily standing lunges, some handstands and down dog, and a new move where she is in a pushup position, almost slides her leg (she doesn't use gliders but she's on a slippery surface) all the way up towards her arm in an almost split and does a pushup in that position. She does this move in two exercises per side by combining it with a downdog leg lift and handstands. I haven't tried to execute that move yet, not sure how I will try to use a slider for that one move and add it with other moves, LOL. But it looks great. It's a long circuit so it can't be shortened.

I also updated my thoughts on Studio, Get Free, and Onsen, as I revisit workouts...it's a living review post LOL

Tags
everything tonique, sylwia, tonique, tonique reviews