Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-16, 12:08 PM  
Carb8985

Any reviews of new Toniques?

Hi there, I'm getting back into working out after having a baby in May and am eyeing the new Tonique Infinity and Empire State of Mind series. I don't see much chatter about these on here and was wondering if anyone had any reviews. Also I'm confused about the length of some of them since the website lists the four Infinity workouts as each being 57 minutes. Is that right? Would appreciate any guidance since I'm looking for shorter Toniques these days now that my time is limited with a little one. Thanks in advance!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-16, 01:49 PM  
Gatorfan76

Talking

Didn't even know about the Empire State workouts! I will check them out😀
Old 08-07-16, 02:27 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Is there anywhere we can actually see clips of the workouts before we buy?
Old 08-07-16, 07:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Wow I didn't know about the Empire workouts either!! looks like they are both shorter in length and cheaper priced!

For the Infinity series...I added some notes to this thread (http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=216491)...the first Infinity is only 37 minutes but the rest are more in the 60 minute range. I must admit I haven't tried them out yet

Unfortunately Sylwia doesn't really seem to offer sneak peaks/trailers to her downloads.
Old 08-08-16, 02:01 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Prague Girls is close to an hour. It is mostly squats, lunges, and kicks. My favorite kicks are round/crescent kicks. She does a lot of those as well as other kicks. It only has one set of push-ups and mini handstands which are combined into combinations. There are no break dance moves. One of her Tonique customers, Anita, is in this workout.

Budapest Mat or spa is a little over half an hour. It has downward dog moves, push-ups, leg lifts, and other floor work. It also uses two sides of a wall for wall work. You can use a chair instead of a wall which is what I did. No break dance moves.

Vienna is 37 minutes. It has squats, lunges, downward dog, push-ups, and mini handstands in combinations. There are no break dance moves. Part of the workout she facing you and the other part, her back is facing you. When I previewed, I thought I might get confused since I use mirror cueing when an instructor faces me but use regular cueing when they are not. However, I didn't get confused when I did the workout.

I don't have Prague or Budapest. I read that they have a lot of break dance moves. Budapest is 37 minutes. Prague is close to an hour.
Old 08-08-16, 04:39 PM  
Carb8985

Thanks so much for the helpful reviews and information regarding the length of these workouts! They sound great! I may stick with the shorter ones for now, although Prague Girls sounds reminiscent of BTM and other earlier Toniques with its focus on squats and lunges and less mat work! So I may get that one too even if it's long!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 09:26 AM  
casey

Hi
I have been getting back into Tonique after only walking my dog 2-5 miles every day for a month and doing Cathe shorter weightlifting premixes and Ballet Body downloads. Cathe premixes were less than one hour and Ballet Body was only 1-2 segments each time. (After my walks in this crazy hot weather).

So I started with just Euphoria, Power of You (Hawaii workouts), San Sebastien 1&2, Fem Fatale 1 & 3, Born to Move 1.1. These were hard for me. My butt was crying. They used to be my moderate ones.

So reading this thread made me want some new Tonique, even though I'm on a tight budget right now. So I carefully decided to get Prague Girls, Vienna and Infinity Anguilla 2. I was looking for less break dancing moves because I have a recovering elbow from a fall a couple months ago. It's a little twing-y still. Well it's improved since I've been swimming laps on occasion. That seems to be very restorative, for some reason.

Anyway, I did Prague Girls this morning and I absolutely love love it. It's hard but very doable. It's like an updated version of BTM 1.1. That is really my perfect workout for hitting me everywhere below the waist.

The music is instrumental but seems to have the flavor of that part of the world. The girl that works out with Sylwia just makes the workout even more fun. She is in amazing shape too but there are points where she struggles a bit and that makes me feel much better about myself, somehow. They seem like great friends and that they are having fun together.

Nothing gets my lower half like Tonique. Even when I do other workouts or walk or run, I feel myself engaging my lower body in ways that I never did before. It's like she activates or woke up my muscles where I use them properly. I'm just not sure whether I should get Sylwia's new Budapest mat workout because Leah's BB seems to have the most amazing floor work (toning) for me.

Thank you so much, Helen and Ebianco for reviewing these workouts. It was really helpful to me. Waves to Carb and congratulations on your little one!
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 11:50 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I love both the Infinity and Empire State of Mind Series. There is something so absolutely satisfying about Tonique for me. My body luvs it, right now I am alternating with Strong By Brett lifting paper workouts and FitThrive's(formerly GetGlutes) band workouts. I do about 3 Toniques a week and typically follow with Ballet Beautiful streaming or HDM. As tough as the Toniques are they are doable and help keep me loose from lifting days.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 02:55 PM  
casey

Hi
Today I did Vienna. It's outdoors early in the morning. In the beginning she's in front of a big fountain in a courtyard and later she's in the middle of a cobblestoned street. She's wearing a really cute stretchy white tank top and black shorts. Even though it's a shorter workout, that means Sylwia makes it a little more challenging. I was thinking that and then she said it later during the workout. The good thing about this workout is she only does 2-3 exercises before she switches sides. The hard part, at least for me, is that there's a very long segment involving handstands, rear lunges, high kicks and one legged pushups. I can't believe how much I do with Sylwia's encouragement. I have worked on doing some moves for months in some of her workouts. Those one legged push-ups with handstands started in Addicted to Movement and now they're second nature to me. And so on. I think it's the positive way she gets you to try stuff. I really haven't ever worked this hard, except when I was doing Cathe's STS rotation.

I just think she's a really special bright soul that's a little kooky but truly talented. In these new workouts, the music is different in each workout, as well as the location and exercises.
Casey
Old 08-13-16, 03:01 PM  
casey

I forgot to mention I also did Infinity 2. I really really enjoyed it because she really worked my legs and butt for the first half plus it has so many new, effective moves. :-) Casey

Tags
tonique