Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-15, 06:09 PM  
lorajc

PIYO - Anyone Ever Do A Rotation? Combined or Plain?

Hi -

I have this set - but haven't really done too much of it. I was wondering if anyone has done a rotation either by itself or mixed with something else, and if so, what? Oh...and do you know if Piyo is hard on the shoulders for people that have neck/shoulder issues?

What were your results?

Also, will someone kindly tell me how to search for things correctly? Everytime I search, I can't find things properly. Thanks in advance.

I was thinking this would be good with a Pump Rotation....is that what that high rep weight set is called, Pump....like Body Pump?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-15, 06:41 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I liked the introductory PiYo workouts but the others really bothered my back and neck. It gets extreme, quickly. I passed that set along.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-15, 06:56 PM  
bubbles76

The search function, while not the worst, is not the best. Tag searches work much better. Click on Search, then go down to Tag Search. You will come up with a search box with Search By Tags in the upper left corner. Type in what you are looking for in the white box, like Piyo. There are probably a dozen threads tagged with Piyo.

Of course, the Tag Search only works if people consistently tag their threads. You can tag a thread by going to the bottom right of the thread, clicking on edit tags, and then typing in the white box at the bottom where it says tags. Then click Save Changes.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-15, 07:47 PM  
NorthernStar

I have never done a "true" PiYo rotation but I do enjoy the workouts and add them in frequently. I like that they are all 30ish minutes and I will sub them in for a strength workout periodically. I often like to pair them up with cardio for a bit of bodyweight work and a decent sweat.

I don't think the set makes up a great rotation on its own, but if you add in some additional cardio and flexibility work you can get some good work done. There are a lot of down dogs, planks, pushups, etc to get some good upper body work so if this may potentially aggravate your shoulders/arms/wrists, you'll need to keep this in mind. You can modify some of this (i.e. by going to your knees instead of your toes), but if it bothers you to be on your hands at all, this is probably not the set for you.

I like yoga and I like the faster pace of PiYo, I find holding poses for longer periods of time to be boring.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
piyo