Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-15, 08:29 AM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Thanks for all the great info! Now that I may have a way to do downloads, I might get Get Dirty.

I've been feeling a bit sad about Tonique since she has been moving more and more to longer workouts, and I just don't have the time or energy for them. I LOVE how Hawaii's workouts are all 50 minutes or less (except Get Lifted, which I still haven't done) since they're so easy to pop in and go!
The Costa Rica workouts are 50 minutes (Get Dirty), 60 minutes (Paradise), and 80 minutes (Heat - if you skip the bonus wall workout). Not as long as crazy Femme Fatale Phase 2!!!

I agree with you about the longer workouts. I don't want to workout for 90 minutes anymore and find that, with Tonique, I really don't need to. I used to do a 90-minute Tonique once per week, but have since moved away from that and just shorten Get Lifted and Royale to 60 minutes. Go figure, but my results are better than they were before, and I have more energy for other activities.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 08:33 AM  
Carb8985

I also wanted to add that I tried Get Dirty and Heat and love them so much.

Heat is such a fun, no-dread longer Tonique. Unlike BTM, Royale, and Femme Fatale, Sylwia tends to alternate standing and mat work every couple of moves, which really makes the workout super fun with absolutely no dread. There is no relentless mat/pushup sequence like in Royale, which really makes the workout feel very do-able in my opinion. There is also quite a bit of standing work for the lower body, but plenty of pushups and planks as well, so every single body part gets worked.

Get Dirty is also an awesome workout. It feels easier than other Toniques because she switches legs/sides every couple of moves. It reminds me of a slightly more challenging Power of You. There is a mix of everything in this as well. Squats, lunges, pushups, planks, some on-all-fours floorwork.
Old 07-15-15, 09:21 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb8985 View Post
The Costa Rica workouts are 50 minutes (Get Dirty), 60 minutes (Paradise), and 80 minutes (Heat - if you skip the bonus wall workout). Not as long as crazy Femme Fatale Phase 2!!!

I agree with you about the longer workouts. I don't want to workout for 90 minutes anymore and find that, with Tonique, I really don't need to. I used to do a 90-minute Tonique once per week, but have since moved away from that and just shorten Get Lifted and Royale to 60 minutes. Go figure, but my results are better than they were before, and I have more energy for other activities.
Oh, yay! Thanks *so* much for clarifying that, Carb8985! When I looked at the Tonique site the other day, I thought that one was 1h20 and one was 90 minutes. I'm so glad to hear that I got that wrong!

Any tips for how you shorten Get Lifted and Royale?

Quote:
I also wanted to add that I tried Get Dirty and Heat and love them so much.

Heat is such a fun, no-dread longer Tonique. Unlike BTM, Royale, and Femme Fatale, Sylwia tends to alternate standing and mat work every couple of moves, which really makes the workout super fun with absolutely no dread. There is no relentless mat/pushup sequence like in Royale, which really makes the workout feel very do-able in my opinion. There is also quite a bit of standing work for the lower body, but plenty of pushups and planks as well, so every single body part gets worked.

Get Dirty is also an awesome workout. It feels easier than other Toniques because she switches legs/sides every couple of moves. It reminds me of a slightly more challenging Power of You. There is a mix of everything in this as well. Squats, lunges, pushups, planks, some on-all-fours floorwork.
These sound great! I LOVE the fact that she switches legs more often!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 11:38 AM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Any tips for how you shorten Get Lifted and Royale?
I will do the first 30 minutes of the workout on one leg/side and then I will rewind (or you could fast forward) and then do the same 30 minutes on the other side. It only takes a second and is a good break between sides anyway. Some people mind doing it, but it doesn't bother me.

You can also do the same thing with the second "half" of Get Lifted or Royale, i.e., do the last 15 minutes of the first side and then go back and do that same 15 minutes on the second side. This would, of course, be only a 30 minute workout.

HTH

p.s. - All of this would be A LOT easier if Sylwia chaptered her workouts.
Old 07-15-15, 12:25 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
I will do the first 30 minutes of the workout on one leg/side and then I will rewind (or you could fast forward) and then do the same 30 minutes on the other side. It only takes a second and is a good break between sides anyway. Some people mind doing it, but it doesn't bother me.

You can also do the same thing with the second "half" of Get Lifted or Royale, i.e., do the last 15 minutes of the first side and then go back and do that same 15 minutes on the second side. This would, of course, be only a 30 minute workout.

HTH

p.s. - All of this would be A LOT easier if Sylwia chaptered her workouts.
Thanks so much, Carb8985! I've done that with Royale -- started one side and did as much as I could, and then re-started it on the other leg. I wasn't sure if Get Lifted would lend itself to doing that, too, so it's so helpful to know that it will!

I totally agree! It's crazy that Sylwia doesn't chapter things in this day and age! Royale does have chapter breaks, but none of her others do.
Old 07-15-15, 01:30 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Thanks Helen, this sounds perfect. I had no idea she actually got dirty in this one. LOL. I rarely notice stuff like that because I'm busy focusing on the moves. I too am finding the Continuity workouts so much more pleasing as well.
I agree with Debbie that TA has great floor play.

Leanne, I'm not very creative with breaking up Royale or Get Lifted. I usually do half on Tuesday and then the other half on Thursday. So I eventually work both sides evenly within a week. I plan to do the same thing with Heat.

Here's more comments on Get Dirty that I posted in my check-in:
I like Get Dirty better than any of the Hawaii 45 min. workouts. I think I like Get Lifted the best out of all the Hawaii workouts (done over two days). Switching sides often in Get Dirty makes it more fun. You will also like that some of the moves that she strings together are a standing move with either a downward dog or floor move. I was thinking that was one of the reasons why I received a cardio effect because of the PHA training.
Old 07-16-15, 06:19 AM  
willowey124

I did Paradise today and absolutely loved it - fantastic scenery (Sylwia is on a boat with the sea behind) and the 60 minutes flew by - half an hour working one side and then switch to the other side but lots of variation so you don't feel repped to death.

Just to add - I messaged Sylwia asking which workout she recommended I only had the budget for one - she messaged me back straight away telling me to buy one and she would sent me the other 2 for free - which she duly did! She is an amazingly generous and genuine lady.

Kaz x
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-15, 09:09 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I agree with Debbie that TA has great floor play.

Leanne, I'm not very creative with breaking up Royale or Get Lifted. I usually do half on Tuesday and then the other half on Thursday. So I eventually work both sides evenly within a week. I plan to do the same thing with Heat.

Here's more comments on Get Dirty that I posted in my check-in:
I like Get Dirty better than any of the Hawaii 45 min. workouts. I think I like Get Lifted the best out of all the Hawaii workouts (done over two days). Switching sides often in Get Dirty makes it more fun. You will also like that some of the moves that she strings together are a standing move with either a downward dog or floor move. I was thinking that was one of the reasons why I received a cardio effect because of the PHA training.
That is so helpful, Helen! Thanks! I know you've mentioned before that you usually split the two sides up, and I really do need to try that. I think I'm worried that I'll be walking around slanted if I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowey124 View Post
I did Paradise today and absolutely loved it - fantastic scenery (Sylwia is on a boat with the sea behind) and the 60 minutes flew by - half an hour working one side and then switch to the other side but lots of variation so you don't feel repped to death.

Just to add - I messaged Sylwia asking which workout she recommended I only had the budget for one - she messaged me back straight away telling me to buy one and she would sent me the other 2 for free - which she duly did! She is an amazingly generous and genuine lady.

Kaz x
That is so kind of her!
Old 07-16-15, 01:16 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
That is so helpful, Helen! Thanks! I know you've mentioned before that you usually split the two sides up, and I really do need to try that. I think I'm worried that I'll be walking around slanted if I do.
LOL!! So far, I think I'm walking fine.
Old 07-16-15, 04:45 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
LOL!! So far, I think I'm walking fine.
I keep thinking of Katherine Hepburn wobbling around with just one shoe on in Bringing up Baby, when she keeps repeating, "I was born on the side of a hill."

Tags
tonique