Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-15, 08:48 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Acescholar I liked the old website better too. The new one is too artsy and you have to manipulate it around too much. Simple is always better IMO. Casey
Haha, yeah it takes way to many clicks to get to the actual workouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I did the first 40 minutes of Get Dirty. This is what I wrote in my check in:

With that said, you will love the new Get Dirty. It really felt like a TA'ish streaming type workout to me. If TA were to do more standing leg work, it would look like the leg work in Get Dirty. In fact, in some of her later streaming workouts she does do similar standing leg work. I kept thinking this throughout the entire workout and then the abs work came up, and I honestly did a TA streaming abs exercise yesterday morning that was almost identical to the first abs exercise in Get Dirty. So I stopped at the 40 minute mark and will do the rest of the workout tonight starting at the abs section. For me, Get Dirty is an easier Tonique workout, especially compared to TA's streaming workouts. Her streaming workouts are much harder than Get Dirty. So I'm going to LOVE Get Dirty. This is the first Tonique workout that I'm so excited to do again. I just loved it!
Thanks Carb for another good review! Hmm, although I love Royale I'm not sure I need another upper body focused Tonique right now. I still enjoy Royale, including the break dance move lol. Heat definitely draws me the most right now. I will likely be drawn to Paradise later. [oops, somehow my second quote got dropped!]

Debbie S., thanks so much for sharing these reflections! This sounds good, but when you say it is "an easier Tonique workout," is that because of length or moves? Is it easier than, say, Born To Move?
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 09:47 AM  
MARIKA

Get Dirty sounds perfect to me. I find that though I love Tonique once I do a new workout lately I don't have the desire to do it again for some reason. I do reach for the cardio sculpt/sculpt workouts quite a bit though.
Old 07-09-15, 01:26 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks for the reviews. I just bought Get Dirty and Heat. I'm not sure about Paradise since I like the Tonique workouts with standing leg work.
Old 07-09-15, 06:38 PM  
casey

I decided to buy Heat. Here's what I thought about it :

Sooooo, I decided that I was going to download and do one new Tonique to pep myself up and it worked. I decided to get Heat. I loved it! First, it has a lot of standing leg work, which I really enjoy. There is some plank and push-up/down dog stuff but not too crazy. Yes it has some new complex moves but they are very doable. I tried to take some notes during the workout but I didn't want to keep stopping. Yes there are wall handstands but they are at the end in a separate mini bonus workout like in Royale. Plus it looks like there are some very good on the wall moves in that segment too, not just handstands. I stopped at 80 minutes so I will do it another time as an add on to other shorter workouts. I did not think this workout is harder than Royale or FF Phase 2. It's very very good, like a new very improved BTM 1.1 mixed with Hawaii Get Lifted.

Here are my notes: standing leg work for 12 minutes (so it doesn't destroy you in the beginning like some other ones like Hamptons or Royale). It's more like she hits your legs and butt really well. Then to push-up plank work. There is more standing leg work too. You switch sides at 38 minutes. Both sides are worked equally at 74 minutes. The one move that I didn't have any more strength left to do was at the 76 minute mark. She does a push-up and then turns around to a one arm tricep dip while kicking your opposite leg up then turn over to push-up again and repeat. The next move is the one I'm used to from Get Lifted where you do a sit-up and then go to a one arm tricep dip with an opposite leg kick. Those are fine for me, it's combining it with the push-up and flipping around that wipes me out, especially after 76 minutes. The mini wall workout is at the 79 minute mark.

I was hesitating on these new workouts because I don't really want to do head stands. Mini handstands are fine but that's it for me. Well I'm so happy with this workout and I think it was worth buying because I will use it a lot. I do a lot of Tonique but sometimes she will do new moves that are alittle overwhelming to me. This workout just felt perfect to me. HTH
Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 07:44 PM  
MARIKA

Helen, Let us know your thoughts on the Dirty workout. I really don't need it now but do want it.
Old 07-11-15, 03:07 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
Helen, Let us know your thoughts on the Dirty workout. I really don't need it now but do want it.
I have it scheduled for this Tuesday. I quickly previewed it. It's 50 minutes but the last 5-10 minutes is freestyle dancing so it could be shorter. As others mentioned, she also switches exercises from one side to the other so you can theoretically stop it sooner and still work both sides evenly.

I agree with Debbie's review. I love Sylwia's newer workouts because she strings two or three exercises together. TA does that with her Continuity workouts and I just love it. Some of the moves in Get Dirty are the same as her recent workouts but she adds new twists too.

I can see why she called this workout Get Dirty. She is working out in the beach in wet sand. On preview, it's a little distracting because she really does get dirty with sand all over. However, I'm sure when I'm working out, I won't notice because I'll be too busy exercising.
Old 07-12-15, 02:47 PM  
LeanneM

Thanks for the head's-up about these and for the great breakdowns! I'm going to try to hold off until the DVD comes out!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 01:26 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I have it scheduled for this Tuesday. I quickly previewed it. It's 50 minutes but the last 5-10 minutes is freestyle dancing so it could be shorter. As others mentioned, she also switches exercises from one side to the other so you can theoretically stop it sooner and still work both sides evenly.

I agree with Debbie's review. I love Sylwia's newer workouts because she strings two or three exercises together. TA does that with her Continuity workouts and I just love it. Some of the moves in Get Dirty are the same as her recent workouts but she adds new twists too.

I can see why she called this workout Get Dirty. She is working out in the beach in wet sand. On preview, it's a little distracting because she really does get dirty with sand all over. However, I'm sure when I'm working out, I won't notice because I'll be too busy exercising.
I did Get Dirty this morning so I wanted to add to my initial review. As I suspected, I didn't mind that Sylwia got dirty at the end. It wasn't distracting because I was too busy working out.

She freestyle dances for the last five minutes of the workout. So if you don't do that, it's about 46 minutes. The beat is kind of fast and she starts out with single moves. As the workout progresses, she combines two or three moves together. A lot of the exercises are similar to the Hawaii and Royale workouts but there are new moves too. Like her newer workouts, this works upper body as well as lower body and core. Her older workouts mostly worked the lower body.

I like that she switches sides frequently and this workout is a lot of fun to do!! What I like about it and most Tonique workouts is that I get both sculpting and cardio benefits. It's also mostly low impact. I work out barefoot and use my round yoga mat. I first started using this mat because TA floor moves had us going in different directions and angles. Sylwia has been doing the same thing. I really use up all the space on that mat.
Old 07-14-15, 01:41 PM  
MARIKA

Thanks Helen, this sounds perfect. I had no idea she actually got dirty in this one. LOL. I rarely notice stuff like that because I'm busy focusing on the moves. I too am finding the Continuity workouts so much more pleasing as well.
Old 07-14-15, 03:40 PM  
LeanneM

Thanks for all the great info! Now that I may have a way to do downloads, I might get Get Dirty.

I've been feeling a bit sad about Tonique since she has been moving more and more to longer workouts, and I just don't have the time or energy for them. I LOVE how Hawaii's workouts are all 50 minutes or less (except Get Lifted, which I still haven't done) since they're so easy to pop in and go!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonique