Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-15, 08:41 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

New!! Tonique Costa Rica downloads 's are up in store!

Hey ladies
Sylwia's latest workout downloads are up and available for purchase at her web store. There are 3 :
Costa Rica Heat 1hr, 30min $18.00
Costa Rica Get Dirty 50min $15.00
Costa Rica Paradise 1hr,3min $17.50
She apologized for not having descriptions up yet and hadn't mentioned DVD date availability either
I can't wait to try these!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 09:07 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Here is an update ; she replied to a question regarding any other Costa Rica DVDs:
"2 more and they are express they will be very short as few girls requested it, and I am planning on filming in Spain"
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 10:09 AM  
horusosiris

I survived Get Dirty! I like the workout. It is 50 minutes but the last five minutes is just free style dance and I skipped that. No really new moves but the sequencing and the variety of exercise was good. I absolutely loved that she changed sides frequently and that there was a manageable number of reps for each exercise.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 10:39 AM  
MARIKA

Regina- This sounds perfect. I can do 30 reps but after that it just seems overkill and does nothing for me.
Old 07-07-15, 08:33 AM  
Carb8985

I haven't done the workouts yet, but I downloaded all of them last night and did a quick preview of each. These look really good and are packed with new moves and new twists on Sylwia's familiar moves!

There are 3 Costa Rica downloads so far - Get Dirty, Heat, and Paradise - although Sylwia has said on Facebook that there are more coming - express workouts.

Get Dirty is 50 minutes and alternates sides quite a bit. Sylwia starts with about 10 minutes of squats and lunges. Then she does some mat work, including leg extensions in downward dog and pushups. There are some new moves in this one, or new twists on familiar moves. For example, she does a side lunge to a pushup. And one of the downdog leg extension moves involves turning the hip out and pointing the toe down behind you.

Heat is 90 minutes long, with the last ten minutes being a "wall workout" (bridges on the wall and then various handstand moves). I didn't preview this one carefully enough to determine how long she stayed on one leg or if there is a good stopping point at the 45 or 60-minute mark (I will report back after I try it!). But I did notice that this one is more leg intense and looks like a glute/leg burner. There are also lots of quirky pushup variations that might take me a second to learn, like a pushup to a step forward to a handstand. The moves look more complex than Royale and Get Lifted, but they might feel different once I try the workout.

Paradise is 63 minutes and is filmed on a sailboat. The scenery is awesome and Sylwia looks stunning in a red swimsuit. There are quite a few lunge moves in this one and plenty of work for the arms through plank variations.

So far, these look like winners for me, but then again I buy everything Tonique as I've been doing it for two years and it never grows old.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-15, 01:21 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thank you for the reviews. They sound awesome!!
Old 07-07-15, 02:18 PM  
acescholar

Thank you for these reviews Horusosiris and Carb -- these sound really good!

Carb, it sounds like Heat, at the very least, has a natural stopping point at 80 minutes?

I must admit that although I find the new website to be very artistic, I don't find it quite as user friendly for browsing the workouts. Maybe I just need to practice more .
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-15, 02:49 PM  
casey

Acescholar I liked the old website better too. The new one is too artsy and you have to manipulate it around too much. Simple is always better IMO. Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 08:49 AM  
Carb8985

(Also posted in the Tonique check-in):

Today I did Tonique Costa Rica Paradise. I loved the length. 63 minutes is perfect.

This workout deceived me on preview, because it starts with squats and lunges, but really the leg moves end there. This workout is pretty much a Tonique "arm" workout. There are only a couple of lunge/squat moves interspersed after the warm-up. The majority of the workout is done in plank and downward-dog. There are TONS (and I mean TONS) of push-up variations (e.g., pushup to side lunge reach, kick to pushup to opposite leg extension). If you have weak wrists or do not like floor work, do NOT get this workout.

There were lots of complex moves where I had to watch Sylwia for a couple of reps to make sure I was doing it correctly. There are also lots of moves that really work the core and balance (e.g., the "break dancing" move from Royale and some new variations on that move). My arms were really worked after.

For those that have the Hawaii series, it reminded me of a hybrid of Get Lifted and Everybody Rocks.

Another thing to note is that Sylwia does not alternate sides here, except for the squats/kicks in the warm-up. She does approx. 30 minutes on one side and then 30 minutes on the other, so there isn't any stopping point.

ETA: I also wanted to mention that I found this workout to be REALLY hard and I've been doing Tonique for almost two years. I've been focusing on Royale and the Hawaii series for the last few months, and I still found this to be a step up from those. I don't know if it's because the moves were new or more complex. It may get easier after the first few times that I do it, but I had to take lots of breaks. I wouldn't recommend this one for a newbie to Tonique or for someone who hasn't mastered Royale.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 03:34 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I did the first 40 minutes of Get Dirty. This is what I wrote in my check in:

With that said, you will love the new Get Dirty. It really felt like a TA'ish streaming type workout to me. If TA were to do more standing leg work, it would look like the leg work in Get Dirty. In fact, in some of her later streaming workouts she does do similar standing leg work. I kept thinking this throughout the entire workout and then the abs work came up, and I honestly did a TA streaming abs exercise yesterday morning that was almost identical to the first abs exercise in Get Dirty. So I stopped at the 40 minute mark and will do the rest of the workout tonight starting at the abs section. For me, Get Dirty is an easier Tonique workout, especially compared to TA's streaming workouts. Her streaming workouts are much harder than Get Dirty. So I'm going to LOVE Get Dirty. This is the first Tonique workout that I'm so excited to do again. I just loved it!
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonique