Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-14, 10:00 AM  
Footballnut

Favorite Stretch DVD

I am badly in need of a good stretching program. I would love to hear your favorite stretch workouts. Which ones make you feel relaxed and well stretched? I need to take better care of my body right now.
Old 04-08-14, 10:11 AM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
I am badly in need of a good stretching program. I would love to hear your favorite stretch workouts. Which ones make you feel relaxed and well stretched? I need to take better care of my body right now.
I love Classical Stretch.
For a single dvd Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners which includes Total Body Stretch and Beginners Stretch for Flexibility..filmed outdoors.
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 10:13 AM  
dela

Although I do really enjoy Classical Stretch, my favorites that really feel great are led by Sahra, and specifically Essentrics class of 2012 and Strength and Stretch in Motion 2 dvd set.

http://classicalstretch.com/videos.htm
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 11:15 AM  
dnna

for a deep relaxing "almost yin" stretch I rec. Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch. It has 3 20 minute segments, I do the first two, back, then legs.
I also like AM stretch with Madeline Lewis, I do this often , almost every morning. this one loosens me up to be able to move well, workout.
karen Voight's new stretch workouts are really nice. I also love her old Yoga relax stretch, which has various names.
Cathe's stretch max- 3 do minute segments= no equipment, stability ball, band also get a lot of use from me.
I have gotten into Classical Stretch, but those are like workouts to me. the above are for deep stretching and relaxing.
dnna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 11:22 AM  
sbh

I just did Melissa Bender's 27 minute Stretching, Pilates, and Yoga workout. I played my own music in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXIVZXYyFo
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 11:42 AM  
lrb04

Hi Ginger! I would recommend Karen Voight to you! About a year & 4 months ago I reached a point like you & needed to take care of my body better. I had an extremely tight lower body were crossing my legs was painful. I began incorporating stretching extra into my routine depending on the day 10" or lots more time permitting. It has improved my flexibity, workout ability & lessen pain meds like Motrin till like nil. So I am a BIG believer in stretching were as before I rarely did any besides what the workouts included which was hardly enough for me. So here are my choices but who ever you go with do it as often as you can & you will benefit from it! I have exercised all my life & stretching is the best thing I ever added to my day!
  • KV yoga power stretch portion is lower body heaven
  • KV full body stretch
  • KV core conditioning & stretch
  • Jill Miller post athletic stretches (I am a big fan of hers but this is a good stretch which introduces you to her yoga tune up which helps improve flexibity & tunes up your body to its best)
  • Lastics
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 02:33 PM  
Sandrine

Hi, Ginger,
You've gotten some great suggestions (especially the Tamilee and KV ones!) but I'd like to add 3 that I really enjoy:
-Maui Pilates w/Eva Bender--not really pilates in the strict sense but a very low key stretch filmed on a beautiful beach;
-Candlelight Yoga w/Sara Ivanhoe--an old Crunch video of very relaxing yoga.
-Elaine Petrone's Miracle Ball Method--I think there is a dvd available, but I just have the 2 balls and the little book that comes with them. This is great for working out tension and stiffness; you place the balls under the body part you want to stretch and well, just lie there. You can do this while watching tv or listening to music and it's unbelievably relaxing and soothing. They're available at Barnes and Noble, and on their website.

Hope this helps,
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 02:39 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Hi Ginger! I would recommend Karen Voight to you! !
  • KV core conditioning & stretch
I love this dvd. It's more challenging than Tamilee's classic stretches but very doable. I'm inflexible and all but a few stretches were fully within my range. It's well organized and chaptered with the ~10 min. segments each listed on the main menu. Only downside is that it comes in a cardboard sleeve.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 04:33 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

My favorite - a 14/15 minute stretch program from Michelle Dozois' Ultimate Workout DVD. It's one of three workouts on this DVD. Stretches are held for a nice period of time. Probably my most used stretch DVD.

Cathe has a couple of stretching DVDs - Stretch Max (3 20 minute stretch segments) and Total Body Stretching (3 12 minute or so stretch segments).

Karen Voight's Stretch and Core Conditioning is nice.

Allaire Back Fitness - Season 1 - has 26 episodes designed to improve your back health; each includes lots of varying core work, including pushups, planks, bridge lifts, ab work, and a 10 to 12 minute stretch segment. Each episode runs about 25 minutes or so; they are filmed outside at a resort in Costa Rica and they get progressively harder.

I've never been able to warm up to Classical Stretch - Miranda's a little too out there for me - I can't ever figure out the point of the various exercises. There are lots of folks here who really love it.

HTH,

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 05:28 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I love Classical Stretch and Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic. I used to own Cathe's Stretch Max....it's good....but I prefer the other two.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite stretch dvd, favorite stretch workout, stretching, yoga relax